Pitbike Help

Related:
Create New Tag

4/15/2020 5:07 PM

With all this quarantine mess and not able to ride any tracks, I went and got a new Crf 110 to mess around in the neighborhood.

I was looking around the Faster minis site and was wondering with aftermarket handlebars if it required any special mounts or longer cables? Also any other mods anyone has done that they like? I almost forgot how fun pitbikes are!
Photo

|

4/15/2020 5:17 PM

I have a '19 CRF110, only ridden it in backyard tracks (with not much for jumps) but it runs great! Only thing I have done so far is put wider bars and full size throttle tube and grips on it, a longer shifter with folding tip and a skid plate. I have the Pro Taper 110 bars on mine with the stock cables, I just had to rotate the throttle housing forward a little bit to keep the stock cable routing. The 110 bars are farther forward than the stock bars but not much taller. The CRF125 throttle tube works but you have to grind off a bunch of porcupine things that hold the stock grip on, not a real big deal, I might start making 3D printed ODI lock on throttle cams for it so you can run the lock on grips with the full size throttle tube. Also should have new counter shaft sprocket guards available soon.

|

recmx.com

REC MX, JE Pistons, Wiseco, Rusk Racing, Yoshimura, FXR, Enzo Racing, Dubya, Asterisk, Rocket Performance, CCR Sport, ZMax

4/15/2020 5:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2020 5:20 PM

Yes, the EFI 110 requires new cables for taller handlebars in most cases.

We did a PC pipe and can, new shift lever, new handlebars, BBR fork springs, new Dunlop tires, and the BBR fork damping rods for more travel.

I'd like to do more, but aftermarket parts for this bike are few and far between...

Photo

|

4/15/2020 6:12 PM

What a pair! Just keep it stock. Tall bars are over rated!

|

4/15/2020 6:51 PM

Will have a full system available soon. Testing a few different core sizes tomorrow. PM me if you’re interested.
Photo
Photo

|

4/15/2020 10:16 PM

I believe these things are pretty common to bend the shift shaft as a couple places are making “braces” for them.
I also believe Duane @ bbr said they’re making a run of swingarms for them too.
Try Tboltusa, or factory mini bikes for an idea of what’s available.

|

4/16/2020 3:21 AM

TBolt has some stuff, faster minis as well. A lot of stuff is out of stock, seems like everyone is buying these at the same time! I have one in order to be picked up next week so I don’t have personal experience. If you watch Cole Seelys build on YouTube, he showed how he rerouted his throttle cable for the taller bars. Looks pretty close to OEM, atleast until the longer crf125 cables are more readily available. If anyone has an idea where the tubes and cables are available let us know! 😂

|

4/16/2020 5:00 AM

ButteryWaffles wrote:

TBolt has some stuff, faster minis as well. A lot of stuff is out of stock, seems like everyone is buying these at the same ...more

You can just order a stock CRF125 throttle tube but you have to grind off all these nobs and the flange, not a real big deal. Photo

|

recmx.com

REC MX, JE Pistons, Wiseco, Rusk Racing, Yoshimura, FXR, Enzo Racing, Dubya, Asterisk, Rocket Performance, CCR Sport, ZMax

4/16/2020 5:01 AM

Make sure you order a shift shaft brace like ASAP. JTI Makes one. I put the KLX Bend bars on mine and used the stock cables. Throttle tubes are sold out everywhere but there are a few people 3D printing cams for the ODI Grips and whole throttle tubes. Also check out CJR Performance. That dude is doing all kinds of cool stuff with the CRF's right now.

|

4/16/2020 6:50 AM

Hey OPsorry to derail a little bit,but how much did you paid for it. I asked Des Plaines Honda and they quoted me: "MSRP on this unit is $2399 but we can put this in your garage for a unit price of $1999, saving you a few bucks. OTD with cook county taxes is $3189.75"😲😲😱

|

4/16/2020 6:56 AM

Idp57 wrote:

Hey OPsorry to derail a little bit,but how much did you paid for it. I asked Des Plaines Honda and they quoted me: "MSRP on ...more

WHAT!!!! That is insane. I got a 19 for $2200 OTD and I have about 6 buddies who got 20s for $2650 OT here in MD. Look for a better deal lol.

|

4/16/2020 4:46 PM

Idp57 wrote:

Hey OPsorry to derail a little bit,but how much did you paid for it. I asked Des Plaines Honda and they quoted me: "MSRP on ...more

I got mine for $2638 OTD and that’s about the average I’d say. I called two other dealers and could of got it for 2300 and 2425 but I didn’t want to make it a whole entire day trip so I bought local.

|

4/17/2020 8:48 AM

Mx286 wrote:

I got mine for $2638 OTD and that’s about the average I’d say. I called two other dealers and could of got it for 2300 and ...more

Thanks for the info man 😉

|

4/17/2020 9:02 AM

Brent wrote:

Yes, the EFI 110 requires new cables for taller handlebars in most cases.

We did a PC pipe and can, new shift lever, new ...more

How much louder is the pc exhaust system?

|

Greg D.
2018 yz250f

4/19/2020 6:25 AM

DL wrote:

Will have a full system available soon. Testing a few different core sizes tomorrow. PM me if you’re interested.
Photo
Photo

That’s 110 has meat grinder foot pegs! Sharp looking exhaust system so far

|

Greg D.
2018 yz250f

4/19/2020 6:29 AM

moto314 wrote:

I have a '19 CRF110, only ridden it in backyard tracks (with not much for jumps) but it runs great! Only thing I have done so ...more

i Already have throttle cams made for the odi lock ons

|