Pit Party now called Fan Fest? no more Monster cans but 15$ each?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/3/2019 4:29 PM

Hey guys, as the title says, can someone clarify this?

PR release makes no mention of Pit Party or Monster cans granting free access. It rather mentions Fan Fest priced at 15$ per ticket. I'm heading to A1 w00t and would like to know what to expect.

It seems like (hopefully not) that they increased the "pit party" access fee, changed the name, eliminated the Monster can option and maybe made an upgrade. It's always packed, guessing now 50%+ peeps won't attend if paying is the only option which would reduce sponsor exposure by a ton, would be pretty disappointing.

|

1/3/2019 4:46 PM

Akira wrote:

PR release makes no mention of Pit Party or Monster cans granting free ...more

you still can use monster can https://www.supercrosslive.com/events/anaheim-ca-2019-tickets

|

1/3/2019 4:52 PM

Akira wrote:

PR release makes no mention of Pit Party or Monster cans granting free ...more

Looks like you answered your own question, but yes you can use the Monster can. I'll be in Phoenix. :D

|

2/3/2019 2:56 PM

So most of the rounds have ads at the bottom of the event details page regarding monster cans for fan fest access. NY does not. Does that mean that the monster can thing doesn't apply in NYC round?

|

2/3/2019 4:14 PM

I would make sure a Fan Fest is scheduled for the venue. In years past, not all have them.

|

I don't trust any "Joined Date" later than 2012

2/3/2019 5:11 PM

Yea NY has one listed but the $15 option only. Doesn’t say anything about local stores and mobster cans like other venues.

|

2/3/2019 8:29 PM

Anyone know if Minneapolis has pit access to public?

|

2/3/2019 8:33 PM

The can worked at Phoenix this year... bought 2 for 3 bucks on the way to the stadium!

|

Don’t piss off the old people - the older they get the less “life in prison” is a deterrent for them!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

2/3/2019 8:34 PM

Oh.... fan fest is the new name for the Pit Party.

|

Don’t piss off the old people - the older they get the less “life in prison” is a deterrent for them!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

2/3/2019 9:30 PM

Photo
|

2/4/2019 6:28 AM

GuyB wrote: Photo

Yep. We had to look for the details as well since the Pit Party is now called Fan Fest. I was able to get my family in the pits with the Monster Energy cans. Good savings vs. the $15 tickets I was going to buy at the Oakland SX round.

|

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

2/4/2019 8:41 AM

No Fan Fest at Detroit...That sucks
https://www.supercrosslive.com/fanfest

|

2/4/2019 1:20 PM

1983YZ125 wrote:

No Fan Fest at Detroit...That sucks
https://www.supercrosslive.com/fanfest

We get jipped in Detroit every year. Ever since SX moved downtown, no pits. The teams/rigs are spread out over a 2-3 block area, squeezed into side streets and alleys. In the Silverdome days I would get there hours before race time. Good memories.

|

2/5/2019 7:25 PM

Monster can worked at A1. Fan fest was cool. Lunch trucks for food, rock band on stage, bmx pump track demo, Honda demo, cool Fly racing display...yeah it was cool and different.

|

2/5/2019 7:53 PM

Anyone know about Atlanta? Still local subway tickets?

|

2/5/2019 7:57 PM

Zesiger 112 wrote:

Photo
Looks like the can will work again this year in ATL. However it says the “fan fest” will be located at the Home Depot Backyard, which is outside. Maybe the pits are in a different place this year?
|

10/14/2019 10:23 PM

Heading to MEC this weekend, haven't seen anything about bringing a monster can. Not trying to be cheap, but would rather spend my $20 on a beer and a half instead of a "fanfest" pass

|

2021 KTM 350sx
2016 KTM 150sx
1987 CR 250r

10/14/2019 11:03 PM

PBRvince wrote:

Heading to MEC this weekend, haven't seen anything about bringing a monster can. Not trying to be cheap, but would rather ...more

It’s been pit access for a Monster Can for as long as Monster has been a title sponsor of Supercross, it probably still is unless they make an announcement saying it’s not they will piss a lot of people off.

|

10/14/2019 11:52 PM

PBRvince wrote:

Heading to MEC this weekend, haven't seen anything about bringing a monster can. Not trying to be cheap, but would rather ...more

I’ll be there as well and was wondering the same thing. Maybe I’ll see you there and I see you’re in the AV. Let’s go ride sometime.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

10/15/2019 1:53 AM

We're heading stateside next year for a holiday and hitting the Vegas SX.

What should we expect from the Pit Party/Fan Fest? Worth the $15 if the whole Monster can doesn't work?

|

10/15/2019 2:16 AM

PBRvince wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

I’ll be there as well and was wondering the same thing. Maybe I’ll see you there and I see you’re in the AV. Let’s go ride ...more

Awesome! I received one of those "before you go" emails, and it does say you can enter the pits with a Monster can to recycle.
For sure let's go hit LACR sometime or something. I'll send you my info

|

2021 KTM 350sx
2016 KTM 150sx
1987 CR 250r

10/15/2019 2:19 AM

St Ann More wrote:

We're heading stateside next year for a holiday and hitting the Vegas SX.

What should we expect from the Pit Party/Fan Fest? ...more

If you haven't experienced what it is like to see the pits I would recommend it either way. I did find out tonight that the Monster can still works so look forward to that. Unless they change it, but considering how many people bring cans I'm sure they'll stick with people buying a Monster product.

|

2021 KTM 350sx
2016 KTM 150sx
1987 CR 250r

10/15/2019 2:46 AM

Zesiger 112 wrote:

trevor310mx wrote: Photo
Looks like the can will work again this year in ATL. However it says the “fan fest” will be located at the Home Depot ...more

Pretty sure that is the same place as last year, it was outside.

|

10/15/2019 3:59 AM

Yeah well, you use to be able to carry in an empty Monster can, now some stadiums as they are checking your bags at the gate tell you that you cannot carry the can in!

A. Wondering if they are clueless to the promotion, or...

B. know about the promotion and want you to buy a $20 can in the stadium? Your guess?

The life-hack way to get around this if you are de-canned at the gate is to go to the Monster Pit Check in, walk around everyone to the massive pile of Monster empties, swipe as many as you need, and get back in line. The chicks at the check in table didn't give a crap.

|