Pipe opinion thread

navalseabee
Edited Date/Time 2/7/2019 7:38pm
Whats Vitals opinion on Bills 4-stroke pipes vs the big guys (PC, FMF, Yosh etc..). I understand Aluminum vs. Ti but i'm asking more fitment, quality and performance.
Poll

Bills

Choices
|
ricky racer
2/6/2019 4:35pm
Spend your money on a MX school if you want to decrease your lap times. A new pipe will get you the same lap times but with less money in your pocket....Wink
CPR
2/6/2019 5:29pm
Depends on bike, whether you're looking at a slip on or full system etc. But yeah most of us don't actually NEED a pipe to go faster.
Brad460
Fantasy
736th
2/6/2019 5:32pm
Spend your money on a MX school if you want to decrease your lap times. A new pipe will get you the same lap times but...
Spend your money on a MX school if you want to decrease your lap times. A new pipe will get you the same lap times but with less money in your pocket....Wink
Think the truth hurts some folks...
navalseabee
2/7/2019 4:29am
Spend your money on a MX school if you want to decrease your lap times. A new pipe will get you the same lap times but...
Brad460 wrote:
Think the truth hurts some folks...
You're 100% correct but I don't particularly care about your opinion on the subject of what will make me faster, but if you have experience with the original question I'm all ears.

The Shop

MPJC
Fantasy
592nd
2/7/2019 5:19am
I like the slip ons that I put on my bike. Funny how in person nobody goes out of their way to point out that they won’t make me faster - which I already know - thereby implying that I’ve stupidly wasted my money. That’s because saying that would make you an asshole, which can be rather uncomfortable when the person is standing right in front of you looking you in the eye. It’s much easier to be an asshole online. This has nothing to do with the truth hurting. I - and I’m sure I’m not alone - am well aware of the truth and quite comfortable with it. The same cannot be said for those who just can’t resist the opportunity to be a smug prick under the guise of sharing what they take to be a brilliant insight. If you’re one of these people, you’re not as smart as you think and the rest of us wish you’d just stop.
kb228
2/7/2019 6:02am
The only reason to buy a pipe is for weight savings and to pass a sound test.

$ for $ a pipe is the worst $1000 you can dump on a bike. Spend the money on suspension and a remap. Youll get better results.
zippytech
2/7/2019 1:35pm
My thoughts on pipes, it most guys are not fast enough to use the power the machine makes stock. Plus the stock pipes are generally built a lot tougher and crash better
STLSharky
2/7/2019 2:13pm
MPJC wrote:
I like the slip ons that I put on my bike. Funny how in person nobody goes out of their way to point out that they...
I like the slip ons that I put on my bike. Funny how in person nobody goes out of their way to point out that they won’t make me faster - which I already know - thereby implying that I’ve stupidly wasted my money. That’s because saying that would make you an asshole, which can be rather uncomfortable when the person is standing right in front of you looking you in the eye. It’s much easier to be an asshole online. This has nothing to do with the truth hurting. I - and I’m sure I’m not alone - am well aware of the truth and quite comfortable with it. The same cannot be said for those who just can’t resist the opportunity to be a smug prick under the guise of sharing what they take to be a brilliant insight. If you’re one of these people, you’re not as smart as you think and the rest of us wish you’d just stop.
WOW
navalseabee
2/7/2019 2:15pm Edited Date/Time 2/7/2019 2:23pm
Man you guys are amazing at de-railing a thread, literally only one person answered the question. Again~ I dont give a shit what you think I should do/buy/mod, if you have no insight on Bill's vs the rest then move on.
plowboy
2/7/2019 2:27pm
I can't speak to Bills but I can say for sure that a pipe can change/move the power/hit on your bike. I'd bet that Bills has a website that will show dyno data for your bike. A little research will tell you what you want to know.
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
2/7/2019 3:14pm
Can't comment on Bills other than the dude is rad. This is still more useful than the posts telling you to spend your money elsewhere... I just had Rocket Exhaust build me a custom-ish setup for my exc-f to go well with the mods on it and the thing is beautiful/not overly expensive. Just another option from a smaller supplier. Weighs just over half as much as the stock muffler as well.
zippytech
2/7/2019 4:00pm
Man you guys are amazing at de-railing a thread, literally only one person answered the question. Again~ I dont give a shit what you think I...
Man you guys are amazing at de-railing a thread, literally only one person answered the question. Again~ I dont give a shit what you think I should do/buy/mod, if you have no insight on Bill's vs the rest then move on.
Well that's nice. lol
zippytech
2/7/2019 4:07pm
I did just let you know of my insight on the pipes.. you just left out the best pipe for your bike. The stock pipes make more than enough power for most riders, and they are much more durable that after market pipes.

That's my insight..
MPJC
Fantasy
592nd
2/7/2019 4:50pm
zippytech wrote:
I did just let you know of my insight on the pipes.. you just left out the best pipe for your bike. The stock pipes make...
I did just let you know of my insight on the pipes.. you just left out the best pipe for your bike. The stock pipes make more than enough power for most riders, and they are much more durable that after market pipes.

That's my insight..
You started by stating that most guys aren't fast enough to use the power the bikes make stock. That's probably true - and at least you weren't one of those suggesting riding lessons and this is aimed more at those guys than you. When someone asks for an opinion on which pipe is better between aftermarket options and you respond by saying "don't bother, get riding lessons instead", that's a bit like responding to someone looking for advice on where to find a nice pair of pants by saying "don't bother, get a gym membership instead since no matter which pants you buy you'll still be fat". It's sad that this needs to be explained. You're basically saying: "you suck so getting something nice is pointless when you could be working on not sucking so much".
navalseabee
2/7/2019 6:02pm
zippytech wrote:
I did just let you know of my insight on the pipes.. you just left out the best pipe for your bike. The stock pipes make...

That's my insight..
Thank you so much, I dont know what I would have done without it, your such a wealth of knowledge and a true vitard among vitards. The forum is so lucky to be graced by your words.....
shunter986
Fantasy
647th
2/7/2019 6:18pm
Bills and Yoshimura work great on Suzuki’s.

fmf or akropovik for a ktm/husky

Yosh or pro circuit for a Honda

Pro circuit or fmf for a kawi.

Fmf for a Yamaha

Hope this helps some.
NHtoWA421
2/7/2019 6:40pm
I had ran bills on my rm125s for years. And if I get another one I will again! I personally Can't comment on their 4 stroke pipes. I have a Rocket in my current rmz450 and have been very impressed as well! Headpipe is built like a brick shithouse, the muffler is significantly lighter than stock, and the system freed up a lot of power in the mid-range which is exactly what that bike needed. Don knows his shit.
loftyair
2/7/2019 7:19pm
Ask bill. He will probably tell you what the pipe will or wont do. Hes pretty straight with the truth. If you want something else, tell him, he just might do it for you!
2/7/2019 7:38pm
Pipes are cool. Buy the coolest one. That’s why I have Bill’s on my 125sx. Fits great (better than PC that’s for damn sure). Sounds crisp. Looks sick.

Can’t beat a boutique moto brand.

Post a reply to: Pipe opinion thread

The Latest