Pink. What other sport does more?

Mstock
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 3:26pm
Can't we get some mainstream (oprah, etc) coverage from these efforts? What other sport goes more pink than sx?
|
Mstock
2/5/2011 7:06pm
ya because oprah is our target audience.
We don't want our target audience. Just ask feld. Everything they do is to alienate the fans of the sport in an effort to attract a new audience. Money is the audience. Not broke ass motocross racers. But you knew this I'm sure. The teams spent tens of thousands to support tit cancer. It should not go unrecognized is all I'm saying.
VitalFan
2/5/2011 7:07pm
Mstock wrote:
Can't we get some mainstream (oprah, etc) coverage from these efforts? What other sport goes more pink than sx?
I was wondering about this earlier. msn, cnn, cbs, nbc, fox, usa today and others could get a great story out of this. what a great job our sport is doing to help a worth while cause,

The Shop

Fantasy
4452nd
2/5/2011 7:08pm
Mstock wrote:
We don't want our target audience. Just ask feld. Everything they do is to alienate the fans of the sport in an effort to attract a...
We don't want our target audience. Just ask feld. Everything they do is to alienate the fans of the sport in an effort to attract a new audience. Money is the audience. Not broke ass motocross racers. But you knew this I'm sure. The teams spent tens of thousands to support tit cancer. It should not go unrecognized is all I'm saying.
x2
Mstock
2/5/2011 7:10pm
Are the butt packers wearing pink jerseys tomorrow? Why not? Is the black curtain going pink? Doubt it. Just saying.
YetiMan
2/5/2011 7:13pm
Mstock wrote:
Are the butt packers wearing pink jerseys tomorrow? Why not? Is the black curtain going pink? Doubt it. Just saying.
All the NFL teams run pink trim and towels, hand warmers etc for a few week in the regular season. Im sure the audience for the NFL regular season is just a bit bigger than sx coverage lol, so dont go bagging on them
Bill_Carroll
Fantasy
745th
2/5/2011 7:14pm
Why not? Aim high..... or low depends on how you look at it. Any coverage gives SX/Motocross a blimp on Google

The sport GIVES and GIves, time to make it give back to the riders. You remember? The attraction that draws the fans…Ya the riders.
2/5/2011 7:15pm
Mstock wrote:
at any given game, with just the pink bow thingy on their jerseys, more people will see that than will ever see a supercross race. truth hurts i know.
alot of the pink you see is a big advertisement scheme as well. like the hammerhead parts... theyve gotten more exposure today than they will all sx season.
2/5/2011 7:17pm
Mstock wrote:
We don't want our target audience. Just ask feld. Everything they do is to alienate the fans of the sport in an effort to attract a...
308 wrote:
x2
I agree I just dont think "oprah" is the answer.... how about a lady like jillian barberie or something out in cali that support's it already. Leann Tweeden....
Mstock
2/5/2011 7:23pm
So why do the teams waste so much money on the bikes and gear? Why don't they just donate the money to a local hospital? Just doing it for status que? That explains the sliced number plate graphics/ bubbled shroud graphics on Stewarts bike. Just slap some shit on it to make it look like we care. Now I get it. Thanks.
Ride154
2/5/2011 8:31pm Edited Date/Time 2/5/2011 8:33pm
Mstock wrote:
So why do the teams waste so much money on the bikes and gear? Why don't they just donate the money to a local hospital? Just...
So why do the teams waste so much money on the bikes and gear? Why don't they just donate the money to a local hospital? Just doing it for status que? That explains the sliced number plate graphics/ bubbled shroud graphics on Stewarts bike. Just slap some shit on it to make it look like we care. Now I get it. Thanks.
Jesus Christ, who pissed in your Cheerios?

Susan G Komen is there accepting donations and promoting awareness. What they're doing is a great thing. There's no need to call Oprah, are you trying to get gratification? That's a typical moto answer, "LOOK AT US, LOOK WHAT WE"RE DOING"

The pink gear/graphics/etc are auctioned off after the race and the proceeds are given to the Susan G Komen Foundation.

I've had friends and family affected by breast cancer, and I think what they're doing at A2 is awesome.

FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
2/5/2011 8:42pm Edited Date/Time 2/5/2011 8:43pm
I know, the general public have no idea what supercross is. My neighbor who is a salesman for some paint company see's me coming back from the vegas sx a few years ago and says hello. He seemed to be going on some trip and says yea i am going to a paint convention with hundreds of people there not some little motorcycle race. I LMAO. Idiot.
SwapperMX
2/5/2011 8:45pm
Mstock wrote:
The cricket in Aus does a lot more with the pink theme and breast cancer fundraising.

Post a reply to: Pink. What other sport does more?

The Latest