Ping on Dungey/GEICO breakup

Related:
Create New Tag

3/15/2020 8:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/15/2020 8:03 PM

I just read Ping’s comment on the Dungey/Geico breakup...he said the “truth” might not come out for awhile, and that because RD had ties to the Geico team owners, Ryan wouldn’t reveal any “dirt” on them, and neither would Geico on Dungey.

I know what Ryan said when he left the team so abruptly...but Ping’s statement kinda hints that there might be more to it than just Ryan’s decision to spend more time with family.

Thoughts?

|

3/15/2020 8:05 PM

Photo
|

3/15/2020 8:06 PM

I think it's pretty obvious that things went south somehow.

|

3/15/2020 8:07 PM

I think it's a given that there was more to it.

|

3/15/2020 8:12 PM

Good business.
Sometimes things don’t work out.
Shake hands, wish each other luck, and move on.
No need to burn bridges

|

3/15/2020 8:13 PM

davistld01 wrote:

I just read Ping’s comment on the Dungey/Geico breakup...he said the “truth” might not come out for awhile, and that because RD had ties to the Geico team owners, Ryan wouldn’t reveal any “dirt” on them, and neither would Geico on Dungey.

I know what Ryan said when he left the team so abruptly...but Ping’s statement kinda hints that there might be more to it than just Ryan’s decision to spend more time with family.

Thoughts?

Thank you Captain Obvious

|

3/15/2020 8:18 PM

They probably wanted to celebrate the deal with a round of beers, and Dungey was like, “Nope. Bye.”

|

3/15/2020 9:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/15/2020 9:09 PM

davistld01 wrote:

Thoughts?

You left out the most important part of Ping's response regarding 'dirt'..."if there is any..."

|

3/15/2020 9:40 PM

Who gives a shit? Like a bunch hens playing cribbage or domino's at vitals old folks home. Gossipy bunch a hens.

|

3/16/2020 12:14 AM

What about him deleting all the Honda photos on his social media (so I heard)? Is KTM trying to lure him back? I thought it looked poorly on KTM, Dungey going to Geico. Thought Decoster and Dungey were pretty close. But RV is on Yamaha and MC is on Kawasaki etc...

|

3/16/2020 2:31 AM

So what was in Davi's locker ?

|

3/16/2020 3:31 AM

Did Langston hear that at one of those social gatherings... Lol

|

2011 Yamaha YZ 250 -MX
1996 Yamaha Banshee 350 -Trails
1982 Chevy S10
2005 Pontiac GTO -451rwhp

3/16/2020 3:36 AM

JGR/KTM/DUNGEY

Hmmmm.....my crystal ball is showing the above. Time tells all!!

|

3/16/2020 6:57 AM

motogrady wrote:

Good business.
Sometimes things don’t work out.
Shake hands, wish each other luck, and move on.
No need to burn bridges

Exactly!

|

3/16/2020 7:18 AM

was this on the whiskey throttle or did ping write something somewhere?

There is a reason he quit mid-season and took the time to remove any evidence of him being there from his social media page. We may never find out why, but it wasnt just because he now figured out how much of a time commitment being involved in supercross is.

|

Here's to feeling good all the time

3/16/2020 7:34 AM

Welcome back to the off-season...

|

3/16/2020 7:48 AM

Maybe he didn't get along or didn't see eye to eye with Craig's future with the team. Something happened fast.

|

3/16/2020 7:58 AM

My .02? When I chatted with Ryan about his role with GEICO at the Honda Teams intro, he seemed unclear about his role and what form it would take, or exactly how involved he would be. I guess it didn’t get better after that.

|

3/16/2020 8:19 AM

My sauces are saying it was gang-related. Everything nowadays is gang-related. Photo

|

3/16/2020 8:22 AM

Pretty sure someone in the deal started talking about how hard they CrossFit, and Dungey said he was out Bro!

|

United States of America

3/16/2020 8:44 AM

BobbyM wrote:

Who gives a shit? Like a bunch hens playing cribbage or domino's at vitals old folks home. Gossipy bunch a hens.

Kinda destroys the myth that motocrossers are predominantly "alpha" types!

Sewing circle or Jr. Woman's Auxiliary hybrid with Romper room

wink

|

Brapasaurus Rex

3/16/2020 8:47 AM

My Dunge comment was deleted.... just an fyi....it was a joke, I have the utmost respect for him.

|

Support those who protect us....our military, law enforcement and 1st responders.

3/16/2020 12:33 PM

BobbyM wrote:

Ozy wrote:

Kinda destroys the myth that motocrossers are predominantly "alpha" types!

Sewing circle or Jr. Woman's Auxiliary hybrid with Romper room

wink

Pretty big difference between a guy who races to win and a dude who rides sometimes.

|

3/16/2020 1:07 PM

Maybe he was tipped off about corona virus, knew what that meant for his investment and decided to pull out of the deal to mitigate his losses.

|

3/16/2020 1:18 PM

BobbyM wrote:

Hahha! Truth. OP Loves the drama.

|

3/16/2020 2:04 PM

sir scrubadubdub wrote:

Maybe he was tipped off about corona virus, knew what that meant for his investment and decided to pull out of the deal to mitigate his losses.

...by the news? We've been hearing about it for months. This wasn't a "sneak attack"

|

3/16/2020 2:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/16/2020 3:34 PM

BobbyM wrote:

Forty wrote:

Hahha! Truth. OP Loves the drama.

I "love the drama"? Really? How do you get that?

But...I can see you love to stir the shit.

|

3/16/2020 3:10 PM

Maybe he rode one of the bikes and thought it was a pile?

|

3/16/2020 3:16 PM

Pile of trophys!!! The bike is constantly on the podium. And has the current #1E plate.

|

3/16/2020 3:16 PM

I have a feeling everyone is going to be professional about this and we will probably never know. That certainly fits with Ryan's history.

|