Pierce Brown Gopro in Front Plate

Related:
Create New Tag

6/22/2020 3:20 PM

I can't find anything about this... Quick search or slc images will show it.

|

6/22/2020 3:21 PM

roger said no more helmet cams

|

6/22/2020 3:51 PM

thefactorypilot wrote:

Apparently its after the Moreau incident

|

6/22/2020 7:31 PM

Photo
Photo
Photo
|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

6/22/2020 8:07 PM

Pretty slick! I would have centered it more in the black hole of the 6 but thats just me.

|

6/23/2020 4:22 AM

I seen this in pit bits a while back. I tried doing something similar on the boys Cobra. I couldnt get to to something I liked.

|

Instagram: logi.bear93
Youtube: Logi. Bear93

6/23/2020 5:54 AM

Looks like a nice billet GoPro mount! Probably costs more than the GoPro haha.

|

6/23/2020 6:17 AM

Any links to actual footage produced from this mount?

|

6/23/2020 7:07 AM

thefactorypilot wrote:

Richard Tease II wrote:

Apparently its after the Moreau incident

Didn't a helmet mounted camera have a lot to do with Michael Schumacher's skiing accident injuries?
Man, us humans are slow to learn sometimes. Props to TLD for trying something different with the camera.

|

6/23/2020 7:18 AM

mx_563 wrote:

Didn't a helmet mounted camera have a lot to do with Michael Schumacher's skiing accident injuries?
Man, us humans are slow to learn sometimes. Props to TLD for trying something different with the camera.

Yes, on Schu... he had one on, and while it was never proven that it played a part in his injury, it was speculated hard enough to basically be the end of GoPro.... Props to Roger caring about his athletes enough to ban cameras on helmets.....

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

6/24/2020 4:34 AM

DA498 wrote:

Any links to actual footage produced from this mount?

I havent seen anything.

|

Instagram: logi.bear93
Youtube: Logi. Bear93

6/24/2020 10:07 AM

|

6/24/2020 10:23 AM

I'm not sure the square cut would even be necessary, a hole saw a little bigger than the lens might offer more roost protection. I've got some extra plates - it would be on a Honda but if I have some time to fabricate a mount I'll post some footage of what it would look like from that location.

|

6/24/2020 11:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/24/2020 11:59 AM

Imagine a world where the SX / MX broadcasts step into the future and have live on-board POV cams... wow... what a wonder of modern technology that would be!

Ah never mind, that'll never happen! The SX truck is too busy smashing the 'picture-in-picture' button like it's a pachinko machine.

Meanwhile over in MotoGP.... we have
- Lean angle
- Speed
- Track map / rider position on track GPS
- Gear indicator
- Front view
- Rear view
- 360 degree view
- Rider headshot
- Rider body position
- RPM
- Brake lever pressure
- Throttle positioning
- Gyroscopic camera lens stabilization
- And more!

This video showing some POV highlights is from 2014....

"Most prestigious" moto championship in the world (SX) is in the technological broadcast stone age.

EDIT: Let me get in front of a few of the comments I'm sure will spring up

1) The MotoGP teams *do not want* to add cameras to the bikes (weight). They are made to by DORNA for the betterment of the show/product. Guess what, many of those on-board cameras mean great sponsor logo placement and the bikes are able to make minimum weight even with the camera equipment factored in.

2) Yes the cameras can handle the rigors of SX/MX. The MotoGP cameras deal with massive G forces and even after a bike goes flipping through the gravel trap, the cameras are still running (unless actually ripped off).

3) GoPro is a series sponsor of MotoGP... that doesn't affect the broadcast cameras!

|

7/10/2020 12:25 PM

Alex.434 wrote:

Imagine a world where the SX / MX broadcasts step into the future and have live on-board POV cams... wow... what a wonder of modern technology that would be!

Ah never mind, that'll never happen! The SX truck is too busy smashing the 'picture-in-picture' button like it's a pachinko machine.

Meanwhile over in MotoGP.... we have
- Lean angle
- Speed
- Track map / rider position on track GPS
- Gear indicator
- Front view
- Rear view
- 360 degree view
- Rider headshot
- Rider body position
- RPM
- Brake lever pressure
- Throttle positioning
- Gyroscopic camera lens stabilization
- And more!

This video showing some POV highlights is from 2014....

"Most prestigious" moto championship in the world (SX) is in the technological broadcast stone age.

EDIT: Let me get in front of a few of the comments I'm sure will spring up

1) The MotoGP teams *do not want* to add cameras to the bikes (weight). They are made to by DORNA for the betterment of the show/product. Guess what, many of those on-board cameras mean great sponsor logo placement and the bikes are able to make minimum weight even with the camera equipment factored in.

2) Yes the cameras can handle the rigors of SX/MX. The MotoGP cameras deal with massive G forces and even after a bike goes flipping through the gravel trap, the cameras are still running (unless actually ripped off).

3) GoPro is a series sponsor of MotoGP... that doesn't affect the broadcast cameras!

Impressive stuff. Do you remember a while back in the outdoors they had helmet cams you could select? It was awesome.

|