Pics 'n interviews from Paris

Related:
Create New Tag

11/19/2017 7:46 PM

Hey gang, I tried something a little different for this race, with a mix of photos and audio interviews from each day. You can click the links below to jump to them (and the Results Sheets).

Photo

Paris was as interesting as ever. The new stadium was awesome, and should make for a happy home for the race for years to come. The rider lineup was as good as I've seen. The crowd turned out in force on Saturday night, and was pretty decent on Sunday (which is typically smaller).

Photo

Marvin won a lot of races, but he wasn't unbeatable. Dean Wilson and Cole Seely each took a race from him over the course of the two nights.

Look and Listen
Night One
Day Two

Results Sheet
Night One
Day Two

Photo

|

11/19/2017 7:52 PM

Marvin has been winning a lot lately.

|

11/19/2017 7:56 PM

drt410 wrote:

Marvin has been winning a lot lately.

You are correct, sir. Given recent results (and last year, too), he has to be one of the favorites heading into '18.

|

11/19/2017 8:10 PM

Guy, what did you think about the track's degree of difficulty, and it's effect on the competition and injuries?

|

11/19/2017 8:22 PM

Johnny Depp wrote:

Guy, what did you think about the track's degree of difficulty, and it's effect on the competition and injuries?

Honestly it didn't look all the different to me than a typical U.S. track. Big rhythms, long whoops, and some choppy stuff. They also had some 180 bowl berms that guys could seriously rail that we don't often see any more.

|

11/19/2017 10:02 PM

Who was riding the 2 stroke? I could hear it in practice but it never showed it hit any lines to my dismay.

|

11/19/2017 10:40 PM

What? !, no pics of roczen? Sheesh!

|

"If you are going through HELL, keep going."-Winston Churchill
"A man needs a little madness or else he never dares cut the rope and be free"-Zorba
Blur the technicolor

11/19/2017 10:52 PM

kott0n wrote:

Who was riding the 2 stroke? I could hear it in practice but it never showed it hit any lines to my dismay.

Usually it was the guy running at the back of the pack.

|

11/19/2017 10:53 PM

oldblood wrote:

I have a decently long lens, but it’s not long enough to reach where Kenny was riding.

|

11/19/2017 10:58 PM

oldblood wrote:

GuyB wrote:

I have a decently long lens, but it’s not long enough to reach where Kenny was riding.

Ha ha, well as long as he was riding somewhere, that's good.
Maybe you can sneak some spy pics next week or two.

|

"A man needs a little madness or else he never dares cut the rope and be free"-Zorba
Blur the technicolor

11/19/2017 11:01 PM

Good for Marvin

|

Blur the technicolor

11/20/2017 12:48 AM

GuyB wrote:

You are correct, sir. Given recent results (and last year, too), he has to be one of the favorites heading into '18.

I'd like to think so, but he's gonna have to fix his whoops speed first. That was not pretty.

|

11/20/2017 1:14 AM

rangot wrote:

I'd like to think so, but he's gonna have to fix his whoops speed first. That was not pretty.

Dont think that will be a big problem. The whoops at the main events are most of the time destroyed, so jump it is just as fast or faster.

|

11/20/2017 6:16 AM

rangot wrote:

Wilson's longer legs definitely gave him the edge to be able to plow through those long whoops. That first SX1 race between Deano and Marv on Saturday was a blast to watch.

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

11/20/2017 10:40 AM

oldblood wrote:

GuyB wrote:

That’s funny stuff right there!

|