Pick your 40 rider field for The fastest brothers championship

PJRAUS
3/2/2018 8:50pm
havemah wrote:
Darryl King, Shayne King and I think there was a third one too, but I can't remember his name.
Tonynz wrote:
Damion
Yep, now I remember..
PJRAUS
3/2/2018 8:52pm
You guys should go look at points, 2008 450 I was 8th in points and 2009 supercross I was 7th in points (regional) just sayin... nothing...
You guys should go look at points, 2008 450 I was 8th in points and 2009 supercross I was 7th in points (regional) just sayin... nothing to write home about but I was happy with it after not walking for 15 months in 2005-2006
PJRAUS wrote:
Well I have you Allesi brother I'm my list in the brothers championship thread. It would be an awesome fun thing to make a race like...
Well I have you Allesi brother I'm my list in the brothers championship thread.
It would be an awesome fun thing to make a race like that happen...would be a real good, feel good boost for the sport..
Oops we r in the brothers thread!
PFitzG38
3/2/2018 9:26pm
The Hahn brothers.

Old school, I would say Bob and Billy Grossi or Gary and Dwayne Jones.
Warren and Wayne Reid - Tony and Pete Wanket - Marty and Mike Tripes
Mit12
3/2/2018 9:31pm Edited Date/Time 3/2/2018 9:34pm
How about Gary and Dwayne Jones.

The Shop

TG130
3/2/2018 11:01pm
Chuck & Ron Sun.
Bigelow brothers.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
3/2/2018 11:48pm
PJRAUS wrote:
Anyone know of many European based brother racers who are still fairly current or actually current? I thought they there might be some real up and...
Anyone know of many European based brother racers who are still fairly current or actually current?
I thought they there might be some real up and comers on the French scene maybe?
And who is Kyle Chisolm's brother..wasn't aware he had a brother that races
Kyle's brother is named Cody.
PJRAUS
3/3/2018 12:30am
PJRAUS wrote:
Anyone know of many European based brother racers who are still fairly current or actually current? I thought they there might be some real up and...
Anyone know of many European based brother racers who are still fairly current or actually current?
I thought they there might be some real up and comers on the French scene maybe?
And who is Kyle Chisolm's brother..wasn't aware he had a brother that races
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Kyle's brother is named Cody.
Ok thanks.. If a real brothers championship were to ever happen .. It could be a very interesting thing ..Kyle Chisolm is a well known AMA pro...his brother Cody is not known to a pleb like me ..what's to say he isn't a really talented rider that just never tried to persue racing as a career?
It's kinda like we have these stars with brothers...they may have been racers and walked away..

I couldn't imagine a more motocross specific story than a brothers championship where the Unknown brothers get a chance to dig deep and shine in the light of a proud and famous sibling...
I wish someone would take this idea and make it a reality...
Frigging human interest story in a big way..
block75
3/3/2018 1:23am
PJRAUS wrote:
I like the fastest brothers thread, I voted for the Martin brothers.. Bit of fun here... Imagine there were to be a BOM race..( Brothers of...
I like the fastest brothers thread, I voted for the Martin brothers..
Bit of fun here...
Imagine there were to be a BOM race..( Brothers of Motocross ) 40 rider field comprised of 20 pairs of brothers that are either still racing or at least could race today if they felt inclined to have a crack at this imaginary event
My field.. Not necessarily ranked in order of who I think is fastest..

1. Martin Brothers
2. Hill brothers
3. Etiknap brothers
4. Stewart brothers
5. Lawrence brothers
6. Moss brothers
7. Villopoto Brothers
8. Dungey brothers
9. Gosselaar brothers
10. Marmont brothers
11. Sipes brothers
12. Bradshaw brothers
13. Anderson brothers
14.long brothers
15. Alessi brothers
16. Hahn brothers
17. Chisolm brothers
18. Reed brothers
19. Medaglia brothers
20. Pourcel brothers

Someone keeps saying the Vohlands...I remember them, Tallon and Tyson,great choice..
Are either or both of them still at least riding?
Iv got a few pairs on my list that really might not be still active in any way...I just don't know..

Been editing my post as people help me with more names..

Just a bit of fun...just about who might or could presently race if there were such an event
block75 wrote:
The Anderson brothers from Aus went alright aswell
Tonynz wrote:
Their cousin is quick as well.
Haha yes their cousin chad is quick but I’ll bet you all didn’t know that his brother Troy was no slow pony on a bike either
PJRAUS
3/3/2018 1:16pm
block75 wrote:
The Anderson brothers from Aus went alright aswell
Tonynz wrote:
block75 wrote:
Haha yes their cousin chad is quick but I’ll bet you all didn’t know that his brother Troy was no slow pony on a bike either
Well their ya go...I had no idea.. I will add them to my list..
PJRAUS
3/3/2018 1:19pm
Mit12 wrote:
How about Gary and Dwayne Jones.
Sadly Dwayne recently passed away...great choice though....but I'm trying to stick with pairs of brothers that might actually be able to race such an event if it were to happen
PJRAUS
3/3/2018 1:43pm Edited Date/Time 3/3/2018 1:50pm
Being an Aussie myself, my list looks a bit biased with 6 pairs of riders from Australia.
Matt and Jake Moss were real champions here with Matt having some success on the USA pro scene
Likewise the Marmont brothers Ryan and Jay, with both venturing over to the USA to try the pro scene
The Long brothers with Dylan currently Dean Ferris' team mate at CDR Yamaha,his older brother Jarrod was a super fast young pro racer ..I remember meeting them both at my mates whooped out sand track just a couple km's down the road from where I used to live and had my big supercross track...couldn't believe how fast Jarrod was on that 125.., he had this little brother named Dylan that was ripping around on a 60 or something and seemed to me to be super talented too...
They came around afterwards to check out my supercross track..real nice young kids...
Then there's multiple Australian championship winning Craig Anderson who also had a career in the USA and won the Southwick national one year and his little brother Danny who was also very fast and expected to do big things..don't know what happened there..
Then there is the Reed brothers ..we all know of Chad's achievements but I never even knew he had a brother till someone here mentioned him and that he's a good rider too..
Then of course there is the Lawrence brothers with Hunter a rising star on the GP scene and winner of the mx2 class at last years MXON and his little brother Jett..also racing in Europe and touted as likely to be as fast or perhaps faster than Hunter..
Still need two more pairs of brothers for my list...waiting to hear if the Vohlands still ride..
3/3/2018 2:37pm Edited Date/Time 3/3/2018 2:42pm
Not from the US but the Medaglia brothers are both very fast. Although I have no idea what's going with Jeremy these days.

They may have been mentioned already, though
PJRAUS
3/3/2018 3:03pm
Not from the US but the Medaglia brothers are both very fast. Although I have no idea what's going with Jeremy these days. They may have...
Not from the US but the Medaglia brothers are both very fast. Although I have no idea what's going with Jeremy these days.

They may have been mentioned already, though
Yes, I've read about them..I will put them on my list
PJRAUS
3/3/2018 3:05pm
greenmx5 wrote:
The Durham brothers
Do you know much about them? I've heard of Darryn..I think it was ?
PJRAUS
3/3/2018 3:33pm Edited Date/Time 3/3/2018 6:15pm
Well I have my list and it's pretty good I reckon...

1. Martin Brothers
2. Hill brothers
3. Etiknap brothers
4. Stewart brothers
5. Lawrence brothers
6. Moss brothers
7. Villopoto Brothers
8. Dungey brothers
9. Gosselaar brothers
10. Marmont brothers
11. Sipes brothers
12. Bradshaw brothers
13. Anderson brothers
14.long brothers
15. Alessi brothers
16. Hahn brothers
17. Chisolm brothers
18. Reed brothers
19. Medaglia brothers
20. Pourcel brothers
21. Metcalfe brothers

What now?
Oh well...hit up the energy drink companies I suppose to find a sponsor..
Book the race in for a suitable date at a top track , maybe Red Bud...
Tee up Troy Adimitis to make a documentary film about it featuring highlights from the riders careers and stats and achievements for each rider, interviews with all the riders where we get to find out a bit more about a lesser known brother and their lives when they were kids growing up with motocross..

Fix a race format ,say 2x 20 minute motos and the same points scoring system used in the MXON
Put out the cal to local racers ,teams and manufacturers for loaner bikes for those that can't bring their own..
Put out the call for entries for a father and son support class open to any father and son pairing,
Maybe have a legends class for great riders from back in the day..
Fly them all in, set up the beer tents for the fans and pray for perfect weather!!

Should al be easy!!Tongue
TongueTongue
greenmx5
3/3/2018 3:50pm
greenmx5 wrote:
The Durham brothers
PJRAUS wrote:
Do you know much about them? I've heard of Darryn..I think it was ?
I don't know too much about them. Darryn and Shane Durham. I raced with both of them around my areas a handful of times. If I remember right their family pretty much runs PR2 Suspension.
block75
3/3/2018 4:16pm
Tonynz wrote:
block75 wrote:
PJRAUS wrote:
Well their ya go...I had no idea.. I will add them to my list..
Don’t think he ever raced the pro series in Aus but was still fast as a junior I believe, plus there is Jason and Todd Reed also cousins of chad who were not bad either in Aus Jason rode pro and was a promising junior and Todd not sure how far he went but also fast in his younger days
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
3/3/2018 4:28pm
havemah wrote:
Darryl King, Shayne King and I think there was a third one too, but I can't remember his name.
Damian is the 3rd, he rode 500 gps for a number of years, think top 15 was the best he did overall,

there was a fourth brother as well, Jason, he had a bad accident as a kid and gave up before he turned 16, some say he was the fastest of them all but he was before my time so never saw him ride, he was killed in a car crash in the 90's
PJRAUS
3/3/2018 5:04pm
havemah wrote:
scott_nz wrote:
Damian is the 3rd, he rode 500 gps for a number of years, think top 15 was the best he did overall, there was a fourth...
Damian is the 3rd, he rode 500 gps for a number of years, think top 15 was the best he did overall,

there was a fourth brother as well, Jason, he had a bad accident as a kid and gave up before he turned 16, some say he was the fastest of them all but he was before my time so never saw him ride, he was killed in a car crash in the 90's
Do any of them still ride and do the occasional race? I remember them, they were real good and super tough
endurox
3/3/2018 5:39pm
Wanket Brothers from 1970’s
PJRAUS
3/3/2018 6:19pm
Update..I added the Metcalfe brothers...another Aussie set of brothers...I'm not biased though!
Obviously Brett Metcalfe is a great choice and he's eying the mx1 championship in Australia this year as team Hondas top guy, but I hadn't thought of his brother Shane who also had a great career and is busy these days running motocross schools in South Australia....
So that's 21 sets of brothers...who should I cut from my list?

Post a reply to: Pick your 40 rider field for The fastest brothers championship

The Latest