*The official VitalMx custom paint job is done*

Edited Date/Time 4/18/2019 10:16pm
People have this habit of giving me helmets to paint, my neighbor just gave me one and said I could do whatever I want with it. I have more fun replicating old designs than coming up with my own, so I figured I would start a poll. These are some of my favorite designs that I wanted to try. I need to buy a visor still, but I will start priming it next week.

Poll

Next paint job

Choices
|
ga_pike
12/5/2018 5:07am Edited Date/Time 12/5/2018 5:45am
Couple things... first, what about coming up with your own design? Second, I choose none of the above and suggest the Jeff Ward fair well helmet.

Lastly - Did anyone else realize YETI was around in the 90's? Because I sure didn't. According to Wikipedia, they were founded in 2006. Is Jeff Ward a time traveler?

(I know it's Yeti Bikes... it's a joke)

The Shop

12/5/2018 6:12am
ga_pike wrote:
Couple things... first, what about coming up with your own design? Second, I choose none of the above and suggest the Jeff Ward fair well helmet...
Couple things... first, what about coming up with your own design? Second, I choose none of the above and suggest the Jeff Ward fair well helmet.

Lastly - Did anyone else realize YETI was around in the 90's? Because I sure didn't. According to Wikipedia, they were founded in 2006. Is Jeff Ward a time traveler?

(I know it's Yeti Bikes... it's a joke)
I've played around with original designs, I guess it's just more fun to replicate designs from back in the day when I was younger and totally emersed in moto.

You are the second person who has told me that I should do either that or Ward's other number helmet.
12/5/2018 6:16am
I'll make the voting deadline next Friday. I'll be doing primer by then.

Bradshaw is in the lead, but he has been known to crack when the pressure is on.
three9zero
12/6/2018 12:49pm
Really like this one back in the day, RIP Brian.

12/6/2018 12:59pm
Chicken for the win. He always had the coolest style. My first favorite rider as a little guy.
Branham96
12/6/2018 1:09pm
I voted for the chicken helmet but starting to like Peelouts helmet a bit
dang472
Fantasy
403rd
12/6/2018 1:24pm Edited Date/Time 12/6/2018 1:25pm

Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
12/6/2018 2:58pm
Can you please show us the finished product whichever helmet you choose?

I love the Chicken helmet and Bradshaw one.
Matt Fisher
Fantasy
1117th
12/6/2018 3:22pm
peelout wrote:
[img]https://www.neatorama.com/images/2014-06/motorcycle-helmet-butt.jpg[/img]
Holy shit! I need that
Full face, with a bit of hair around the chin guard would be perfect. LaughingLaughing
12/6/2018 4:31pm
Ramrod wrote:
Can you please show us the finished product whichever helmet you choose?

I love the Chicken helmet and Bradshaw one.
Yes definitely! I will be taking progress pictures as I go.
Crush
12/6/2018 4:50pm
I voted for Carmichael 99 but this one would be just fine for me. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/12/05/307788/s1200_6389669201_8b63262d6b.jpg[/img]
I voted for Carmichael 99 but this one would be just fine for me.

Yep... Doug had some sweet helmets!!!

12/6/2018 5:12pm
Yes definitely! I will be taking progress pictures as I go.
If you don't mind me asking but how much do you charge to paint a helmet I was thinking of getting a white bell or aria helmet and do this design but where it is orange make red and where it is green make purple thanks
12/6/2018 6:19pm
If you don't mind me asking but how much do you charge to paint a helmet I was thinking of getting a white bell or aria...
If you don't mind me asking but how much do you charge to paint a helmet I was thinking of getting a white bell or aria helmet and do this design but where it is orange make red and where it is green make purple thanks
I could for $300. I have wondered whether it is fine to replicate designs for profit, (really at $300 it probably isn't even a profit, but I'm mostly just doing this for fun). I see reputable painters like tagger doing replicas of old TLD lids, so I think it's fine. I just need to check. I know the McGrath ones are a little trickier because he owns the trademark for showtime, so technically you have to pay McGrath big bucks if you want to put showtime on there.

McGrath helmets are always tricky because they are the coolest. I'm actually working on a replica of the helmet that that design is based on. It's going to be the original green design. When they paint those bubbles they are actually on vinyl and they stick them on after painting them. Here are some practice ones I did for the green lid.

aeffertz
12/6/2018 6:58pm
peelout wrote:
[img]https://www.neatorama.com/images/2014-06/motorcycle-helmet-butt.jpg[/img]
You’d look like real butthead wesring something like that.
12/6/2018 8:03pm
I could for $300. I have wondered whether it is fine to replicate designs for profit, (really at $300 it probably isn't even a profit, but...
I could for $300. I have wondered whether it is fine to replicate designs for profit, (really at $300 it probably isn't even a profit, but I'm mostly just doing this for fun). I see reputable painters like tagger doing replicas of old TLD lids, so I think it's fine. I just need to check. I know the McGrath ones are a little trickier because he owns the trademark for showtime, so technically you have to pay McGrath big bucks if you want to put showtime on there.

McGrath helmets are always tricky because they are the coolest. I'm actually working on a replica of the helmet that that design is based on. It's going to be the original green design. When they paint those bubbles they are actually on vinyl and they stick them on after painting them. Here are some practice ones I did for the green lid.

You did a great job on the bubbles and Yea I don't need showtime on there I was also wonder how hard would it be if you put a shark fin on there if it's to much of a hassle it's not a big deal I've just always wanted a helmet with a shark fin I don't know if you want my number but I'm down to get this done it just has to be sometime after Christmas cause I've spent so much money this last month thanks
12/6/2018 8:30pm
You did a great job on the bubbles and Yea I don't need showtime on there I was also wonder how hard would it be if...
You did a great job on the bubbles and Yea I don't need showtime on there I was also wonder how hard would it be if you put a shark fin on there if it's to much of a hassle it's not a big deal I've just always wanted a helmet with a shark fin I don't know if you want my number but I'm down to get this done it just has to be sometime after Christmas cause I've spent so much money this last month thanks
Cool man. I PMed you with my number. The PMs go direct to your email if you haven't used them before. They're a little confusing.

A fin can be tricky on modern helmets because they're usually shaped weird, but I have wanted to try cutting one a little bit and seeing if I could get it on one.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
12/12/2018 8:19pm
I love both but if I were you I would use their design but modernize it a little and I don’t think I would put the skull or a rebel flag on.
ledger
12/12/2018 11:14pm
Maybe you would be interested in doing an Underdog helmet for me later ? I am what I am, lol. Looking forward to how your new lid turns out.

Post a reply to: *The official VitalMx custom paint job is done*

The Latest