Pick my next paint job

Related:
Create New Tag

12/4/2018 7:45 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/5/2018 12:08 AM

People have this habit of giving me helmets to paint, my neighbor just gave me one and said I could do whatever I want with it. I have more fun replicating old designs than coming up with my own, so I figured I would start a poll. These are some of my favorite designs that I wanted to try. I need to buy a visor still, but I will start priming it next week.

Next paint job

View Results

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
professional vitard, amateur helmet painter

12/4/2018 10:39 PM

There is no chicken helmet pic..

|

12/4/2018 10:46 PM

mwssquad827 wrote:

Oops, I fixed it.

|

12/5/2018 5:07 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/5/2018 5:45 AM

Couple things... first, what about coming up with your own design? Second, I choose none of the above and suggest the Jeff Ward fair well helmet.

Lastly - Did anyone else realize YETI was around in the 90's? Because I sure didn't. According to Wikipedia, they were founded in 2006. Is Jeff Ward a time traveler?

(I know it's Yeti Bikes... it's a joke)

|

12/5/2018 5:10 AM

That Bradshaw helmet is really cool.

|

12/5/2018 6:12 AM

ga_pike wrote:

Couple things... first, what about coming up with your own design? Second, I choose none of the above and suggest the Jeff Ward fair well helmet.

Lastly - Did anyone else realize YETI was around in the 90's? Because I sure didn't. According to Wikipedia, they were founded in 2006. Is Jeff Ward a time traveler?

(I know it's Yeti Bikes... it's a joke)

I've played around with original designs, I guess it's just more fun to replicate designs from back in the day when I was younger and totally emersed in moto.

You are the second person who has told me that I should do either that or Ward's other number helmet.

|

12/5/2018 6:16 AM

I'll make the voting deadline next Friday. I'll be doing primer by then.

Bradshaw is in the lead, but he has been known to crack when the pressure is on.

|

12/5/2018 5:31 PM

mwssquad827 wrote:

smashingpumpkins167 wrote:

Oops, I fixed it.

I change my vote from Bradshaw to chicken!! Both any of the above would be super cool!

|

12/5/2018 10:23 PM

I voted for Carmichael 99 but this one would be just fine for me.

|

12/6/2018 12:49 PM

Really like this one back in the day, RIP Brian.

|

12/6/2018 12:59 PM

Chicken for the win. He always had the coolest style. My first favorite rider as a little guy.

|

12/6/2018 1:03 PM

|

12/6/2018 1:09 PM

I voted for the chicken helmet but starting to like Peelouts helmet a bit

|

12/6/2018 1:15 PM

peelout wrote:

Holy shit! I need that

|

12/6/2018 1:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/6/2018 1:25 PM

|

12/6/2018 1:25 PM

|

12/6/2018 2:58 PM

Can you please show us the finished product whichever helmet you choose?

I love the Chicken helmet and Bradshaw one.

|

12/6/2018 3:22 PM

peelout wrote:

Holy shit! I need that

Full face, with a bit of hair around the chin guard would be perfect.

|

12/6/2018 4:31 PM

Ramrod wrote:

Can you please show us the finished product whichever helmet you choose?

I love the Chicken helmet and Bradshaw one.

Yes definitely! I will be taking progress pictures as I go.

|

12/6/2018 4:38 PM

If you love burgers........

|

12/6/2018 4:50 PM

TrashcanTLD wrote:

I voted for Carmichael 99 but this one would be just fine for me.

Yep... Doug had some sweet helmets!!!

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/6/2018 5:12 PM

Yes definitely! I will be taking progress pictures as I go.

If you don't mind me asking but how much do you charge to paint a helmet I was thinking of getting a white bell or aria helmet and do this design but where it is orange make red and where it is green make purple thanks

|

12/6/2018 6:19 PM

5thgearpinnedJB65 wrote:

If you don't mind me asking but how much do you charge to paint a helmet I was thinking of getting a white bell or aria helmet and do this design but where it is orange make red and where it is green make purple thanks

I could for $300. I have wondered whether it is fine to replicate designs for profit, (really at $300 it probably isn't even a profit, but I'm mostly just doing this for fun). I see reputable painters like tagger doing replicas of old TLD lids, so I think it's fine. I just need to check. I know the McGrath ones are a little trickier because he owns the trademark for showtime, so technically you have to pay McGrath big bucks if you want to put showtime on there.

McGrath helmets are always tricky because they are the coolest. I'm actually working on a replica of the helmet that that design is based on. It's going to be the original green design. When they paint those bubbles they are actually on vinyl and they stick them on after painting them. Here are some practice ones I did for the green lid.

|

12/6/2018 6:58 PM

peelout wrote:

You’d look like real butthead wesring something like that.

|

12/6/2018 7:27 PM

Skullz

|

12/6/2018 8:03 PM

I could for $300. I have wondered whether it is fine to replicate designs for profit, (really at $300 it probably isn't even a profit, but I'm mostly just doing this for fun). I see reputable painters like tagger doing replicas of old TLD lids, so I think it's fine. I just need to check. I know the McGrath ones are a little trickier because he owns the trademark for showtime, so technically you have to pay McGrath big bucks if you want to put showtime on there.

McGrath helmets are always tricky because they are the coolest. I'm actually working on a replica of the helmet that that design is based on. It's going to be the original green design. When they paint those bubbles they are actually on vinyl and they stick them on after painting them. Here are some practice ones I did for the green lid.

You did a great job on the bubbles and Yea I don't need showtime on there I was also wonder how hard would it be if you put a shark fin on there if it's to much of a hassle it's not a big deal I've just always wanted a helmet with a shark fin I don't know if you want my number but I'm down to get this done it just has to be sometime after Christmas cause I've spent so much money this last month thanks

|

12/6/2018 8:30 PM

5thgearpinnedJB65 wrote:

You did a great job on the bubbles and Yea I don't need showtime on there I was also wonder how hard would it be if you put a shark fin on there if it's to much of a hassle it's not a big deal I've just always wanted a helmet with a shark fin I don't know if you want my number but I'm down to get this done it just has to be sometime after Christmas cause I've spent so much money this last month thanks

Cool man. I PMed you with my number. The PMs go direct to your email if you haven't used them before. They're a little confusing.

A fin can be tricky on modern helmets because they're usually shaped weird, but I have wanted to try cutting one a little bit and seeing if I could get it on one.

|

12/7/2018 3:56 AM

Mike Healey x Gun's n roses

|