Photos of Pourcel's pass on Bubba !!!

Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 5:01pm
|
bvm111
9/29/2008 4:35pm
solid pass i think... that cant be what boobah was crying about.... is it?
crowe176
9/29/2008 4:40pm
There is no way he was upset about that.
PJ205
9/29/2008 4:44pm
Id hope not, thats as clean as it gets!

The Shop

Factoryphoto
9/29/2008 4:49pm
Thats not the one, the one there talking about is where pourcel bumped him out of the rut
either way it was just racing Bubba should not be upset over it he should know hes the man.
ddog558
9/29/2008 4:57pm
Shouldnt he have been used to a #4 doing that to him???

I kid, I kid
Mr. Ryan
9/29/2008 5:09pm
is pourcel on a '09???? if so howcome js isn't. Thats a clean pass no argument.
9/29/2008 5:15pm
That ain't it. Right before that pic Pourcel came in on Bubba and Bubba had to jump out of his rut and looked over at him...but it didn't look dirty to me at all.
I didn't see whatever he did to Villopoto.
Camp332
9/29/2008 5:19pm Edited Date/Time 9/29/2008 5:19pm
I don't see anything wrong with any of that. Even if Seb bumped him to the outside before the sequence started, "rubbin is racin."
Devil1nNj
9/29/2008 5:31pm
That pass is not the pass he was referring to.
I personally did not think any of SP's riding looked dirty. It was a battle where one guy was inferior and it showed. It was hard to really tell with the angles on Media zone. There were 2 situations that come to mind that looked close, but, I have not re watched the moto yet.
Posting this sequence, and inferring that this is the situation James was upset over is nothing more then Fishing.

People bash J-law constantly for riding like SP was yesterday. The argument is "Jason doesn't have the fitness to race with _______ . That's the only reason he rides that close and dirty."

How is this any different? I love rubbing as part of racing. But from James point of view, he puts in all the hrs focusing on fitness. Had SP not burnt out after 4 laps running James pace we would have had a great race with 2 comparable racers. That simply was not the case, and James came away feeling it was dirty. Im going to re watch...
BobbyM
9/29/2008 5:34pm
who is the poosey that posted this again?
PD441
9/29/2008 5:34pm
That was after the "contact" but I didn't see a problem with it. Sometimes close racing brings a little rubbin'.

We still won the event so no harm, no foul.
davis224
Fantasy
138th
9/29/2008 8:11pm
it looked to me like it was stewart trying to pass pourcel there, not the other way around. Vurb moto's video shows the pass in question, he definetely went in on bubba, he knew it was an agressive move, but it was no takeout attempt. Agressive but not too dirty.
9/29/2008 8:12pm
ddog558 wrote:
Shouldnt he have been used to a #4 doing that to him???

I kid, I kid
LOL .. but yea that wasnt the pass bUbba was mad at...
Jefro98
9/30/2008 1:55am
GuyB caught the moment:
I saw it on TV, nothing serious. The pic is just after Seb bumbed Stewart over the berm.

chussy
9/30/2008 2:43am
God some of you guys talk some bollox.

I was 15 feet away stood on marshal point aiming the camera along the straight, both riders came up over the jump along the pit lane straight, Bubba just had the lead.

James left the door slightly ajar and Seb had to go for it, as he wouldnt be a true racer if he didnt, James was shocked at the move and lost a bit of control and went over the berm.

No dirty racing move or dirty tactics just a good attacking move by Pourcel.

`ol Ger
9/30/2008 2:49am
Seb took his line. Happens all the time during races.
Alex
9/30/2008 3:40am
Yeah I was there too. I think seb caught his toe on a haybale wich unbalanced him otherwise he would have got the very inside rut. Because he was unbalanced he went a fration wider and took Bubbas rut. I was pretty dissapointed to hear Bubba making a meal out of a straightforward racing move, i know he's under severe pressure but that ws sad. Not shaking Sebs hand was worse still. As for the Vilippoto contact that was in the first turn. Theres a lot going on in a first turn plenty contact all round and again, sad to hear them making out like there was dirty riding going on. Seb was looking forward not sideways at Ryan.
LUDO
9/30/2008 6:33am Edited Date/Time 9/30/2008 6:34am
chussy wrote:
God some of you guys talk some bollox. I was 15 feet away stood on marshal point aiming the camera along the straight, both riders came...
God some of you guys talk some bollox.

I was 15 feet away stood on marshal point aiming the camera along the straight, both riders came up over the jump along the pit lane straight, Bubba just had the lead.

James left the door slightly ajar and Seb had to go for it, as he wouldnt be a true racer if he didnt, James was shocked at the move and lost a bit of control and went over the berm.

No dirty racing move or dirty tactics just a good attacking move by Pourcel.

YOU SAID IT.... "James was shocked at the move"
He is so used to people not fighting him over here, he probably felt like "how can you do this to me?"
Not a big deal. But James should be smarter and not even show that he cared or that it was a big deal...not even mention it really. If asked by the press, he shld just say : "oh I made a small mistake coming in that corner and I corrected my riding after that and smoked him"
thats how a PR veteran like RC would have handled it...use the embarrassing question and turn it to your advantage.
LUDO
9/30/2008 6:41am
Alex wrote:
Yeah I was there too. I think seb caught his toe on a haybale wich unbalanced him otherwise he would have got the very inside rut...
Yeah I was there too. I think seb caught his toe on a haybale wich unbalanced him otherwise he would have got the very inside rut. Because he was unbalanced he went a fration wider and took Bubbas rut. I was pretty dissapointed to hear Bubba making a meal out of a straightforward racing move, i know he's under severe pressure but that ws sad. Not shaking Sebs hand was worse still. As for the Vilippoto contact that was in the first turn. Theres a lot going on in a first turn plenty contact all round and again, sad to hear them making out like there was dirty riding going on. Seb was looking forward not sideways at Ryan.
yeah, unfortunately, not shaking hands with a competitor is something fans remember for a long time. Many people still to this day mention to me the awesome race Roncada had w/ Bubba at Vegas and where Roncada was still pumped to finish a good second and Bubba was mad at him for....... racing??.

Reminds me of RC being seriously booed at some time in his career.
RC went back to question what was wrong with himself and his image, thenwith some strong PR classes, corrected himself and then made legions of fans. It's still not too late for Bubba.
Adam43
9/30/2008 7:00am
Yep, James has a history of being kind of a prima-donna when he gets pressure from someone he didn't expect.

Something he would want to work on, methinks.
9/30/2008 7:23am
CRF122 wrote:
Go dig up the other "pass" on Stewart and maybe find where he took Villo out and get back to us.
Just open your eyes... And use your brain.

EvilEvilEvil
9/30/2008 7:24am
Alex wrote:
Yeah I was there too. I think seb caught his toe on a haybale wich unbalanced him otherwise he would have got the very inside rut...
All is said.
ncdirtrider
9/30/2008 7:47am
So James had a bad moment. Hopefully he regrets it by now. Are you all held to this scrutiny over how you handle things that tick you off that probably shouldn't? I admit it was poor sportsmanship, but give the guy a break already. Definitely the off season.
CRF122
9/30/2008 7:57am
CRF122 wrote:
Go dig up the other "pass" on Stewart and maybe find where he took Villo out and get back to us.
Just open your eyes... And use your brain.

EvilEvilEvil
Just control your little spastic frenchy fingers and stop posting stupid shit, maybe have a smoke or something.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
9/30/2008 7:59am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 8:38pm
Maybe it also had something to do with the contact that Pourcel had with Villopoto in the first moto.

There's no doubt Pourcel is very fast, and he had a great day.

I did hear that one of Pourcel's pit boards was translated to the Team USA guys as something along the lines of, "Show him who you are."

In my opinion, all of this stuff is just part of what makes the MXoN the best one-day race in the sport.

Post a reply to: Photos of Pourcel's pass on Bubba !!!

The Latest