Phoenix SX camera question

danman
Edited Date/Time 1/4/2013 11:28pm
My wife and I are attending the Phoenix SX and my wife has some pretty nice camera equipment. We are wondering what she will be allowed to carry in. I found the Chase Field policy, but does Feld had more restrictions, or is Chase Fields the one to abide by? Anyone know?

Here is the Chase Field camera policy:
Chase Field Security is enforcing a policy that limits the size and types of cameras that are allowed into the ballpark. The policy allows still cameras with fixed lenses and those with interchangeable lenses to enter the stadium. For cameras capable of changing lenses, there is a size stipulation that the lens cannot be longer than 12 inches in length and no more than 4 inches in diameter. Guests are not allowed to bring any type of camera support system including monopods and tripods. Video cameras are allowed into the stadium but guests are not allowed to film the playing field or any game action. Taking video of the teams and/or players is prohibited by Major League Baseball. The camera policy is to be enforced by all security personnel when guests enter the stadium. Anyone violating this policy is subject to having their camera equipment confiscated. Guests can retrieve the non-compliant photography equipment after the game at Guest Relations. In order to minimize any potential delay in entering the gates of Chase Field, it is recommended that guests review their equipment prior to going to the game to ensure it is in compliance with this policy.
|
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
1/4/2013 1:29am
Sounds like that policy's for baseball only...but I don't know if it's enforced for other events as well.
danman
1/4/2013 8:10am
GuyB wrote:
Sounds like that policy's for baseball only...but I don't know if it's enforced for other events as well.
That's what is looks like, I was just wondering if anyone had any other insight. I just don't want to lug the camera bag around if we are going to have to carry it back to the vehicle because the lens is too big.
bmoto816
1/4/2013 8:45am
I'm a complete nobody that had some decent camera equipment, nobody ever said anything the 3 years I took pics at Phoenix.
I hope they haven't changed that for your sake, I hope this helps!
40Plus_922mx
1/4/2013 8:55am Edited Date/Time 1/4/2013 8:55am
I used to try and get this camera into supercrosses about 10 years ago before phones took decent pics.

I was hassled at all rounds. I ended up putting it into the shoulder/arm sleeve area of my jacket. With my jacket off I held it in my hand. As they searched me I raised my arms lifting the jacket. They padded me down and waived me in. I have also put it at the very bottom of a backpack full of water bottles and jackets. They open the top, feel the sides and waived me in.

Hope this helps.

The Shop

Mr. Ted
Fantasy
1522nd
1/4/2013 9:09am
I've never had a problem taking decent cameras into Chase. But I don't have a 2 foot telescopic lens, either. I would call Chase Field directly and ask if the policy applies to SX. 877-994-0471
danman
1/4/2013 10:04pm
Mr Ted, thanks for the phone #. I will call tomorrow and see if anyone is around. Apparently, the lens my wife wants to bring is pretty close to the max dimensions for baseball.
40Plus_922mx
1/4/2013 11:28pm
Good idea to try Chase themselves. But it's the inept security who freak out usually not knowing the rules and try to error on the conservative side especcially in the first few minutes of the gates opening. If you get there after the rush, and waltz in usually they are all chilled out by then.

Post a reply to: Phoenix SX camera question

The Latest