Phil Nicoletti to race select 450 Nationals

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
PR....

Phil Nicoletti to race select 450 Nationals for the 
Autotrader/Yoshimura/Suzuki Factory Racing Team

Brea, CA (May 2, 2018) – The Autotrader/Yoshimura/Suzuki Factory Racing Team is happy to announce that Phil Nicoletti will be contesting select 450 rounds of the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship this summer. The Cochecton, NY native will be filling in on the all-new Suzuki RM-Z450 while Justin Bogle heals from an upper arm injury sustained during the 2018 Monster Energy Supercross Championship.
Nicoletti has been with the Autotrader/Yoshimura/Suzuki Factory Racing Team since 2014. Determined and tough, the 29-year-old has earned 27 top-ten finishes in the 450 Nationals during his career, including three overall top-five finishes. Nicoletti will compete on a race-by-race basis until Justin Bogle returns to action.
“I’m happy to be able to ride the Suzuki RM-Z450 for the outdoors,” stated Nicoletti. “I want to redeem myself after missing most of the Nationals last year, and not having the chance to race the RM-Z450 to my full potential. I’m excited to ride the new chassis and continue my relationship with my friends on the Autotrader/Yoshimura/Suzuki Factory Racing Team.”
Team manager Jeremy Albrecht is looking forward to continue working with Nicoletti. “I’m excited to have Phil continue with us for the start of the Nationals. He has the ability to make an impact on the RM-Z450. I’m looking forward to seeing what he can accomplish.”
The 2018 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship will open at Hangtown in Rancho Cordova, Calif.
|
rdrurypi
5/2/2018 11:43am
Ok, good for Phil! Where does that leave Mookie?
5/2/2018 11:46am
I knew Phil wasn't going anywhere. He's happy where he is, both in terms of the team and living here in the Charlotte area, training at ClubMX, etc. I actually wondered during this whole "contract standoff" if they were at an impasse because my last statement is such public knowledge that maybe they were short changing ole Filthy a little. Hate to say "taking advantage" of the fact that he doesn't want to go anywhere else; but, yea, that.
5/2/2018 12:03pm Edited Date/Time 5/2/2018 12:03pm
rdrurypi wrote:
Privateer Kawi. And top 10's Hangtown.

edit. This is a joke. He wont be at hangtown. Sad
tek14
5/2/2018 12:19pm
Mookie full time 450 outdoors.

The Shop

MX Culture
5/2/2018 1:33pm
rdrurypi wrote:
Privateer Kawi. And top 10's Hangtown.

edit. This is a joke. He wont be at hangtown. Sad
He wants to be. He’s looking for an outdoor ride.
22Ryann
Fantasy
4080th
5/3/2018 3:33am
This is great news for Phil, but I'm still confused on why this guy has to ride a select round series & why is he satisfied with that? He absolutely rips outdoors & always gets left waiting for something to come up. I wish he got that KTM for outdoors. oh well
motoxxx599
Fantasy
985th
5/3/2018 5:16am
22Ryann wrote:
This is great news for Phil, but I'm still confused on why this guy has to ride a select round series & why is he satisfied...
This is great news for Phil, but I'm still confused on why this guy has to ride a select round series & why is he satisfied with that? He absolutely rips outdoors & always gets left waiting for something to come up. I wish he got that KTM for outdoors. oh well
I think all he wants is a chance. If he is consistently top 10 there is no way they will take him off the bike. I would think he would have Peick covered outdoors.
Adam43
5/3/2018 8:47am
If Phil delivers, he won't have to worry about the "select" part.
tprice07
5/3/2018 8:53am
Phill needs a manager that will secure him a real deal. I don't get why he can't just get a deal signed so he doesn't always have to be up in the air for a ride. JGR spends mad money, they can't find some salary to give the guy some security?
jeffro503
5/3/2018 9:51am
tprice07 wrote:
Phill needs a manager that will secure him a real deal. I don't get why he can't just get a deal signed so he doesn't always...
Phill needs a manager that will secure him a real deal. I don't get why he can't just get a deal signed so he doesn't always have to be up in the air for a ride. JGR spends mad money, they can't find some salary to give the guy some security?
Two things here......

1.) Like guys have already mentioned , if he does good at the first few , he'll probably run all the rounds.

2.) He isn't just a racer , as JGR has him on board as a R&D / testing guy as well , and he gets paid for it.

Will be nice to see Phil back on a big bike outdoors. I was hoping to see Malcolm ride for JGR as well , so this news kinda sucks to hear that he won't be. Or is that set in stone?
MelonFan123
5/3/2018 9:59am
Malcolm seemed pretty confident in an interview with Matthes a few weeks ago that he would racing the outdoors. Sounded like he had a few different options.

My assumption was he had a sponsor that he can bring in to help fund his efforts with JGR (BTO maybe?). With Phil getting the Bogle slot who knows if that can still happen?
Markee
Fantasy
1890th
5/3/2018 10:22am
Was hoping philthy would fill in the KTM spot.
tek14
5/3/2018 10:55am
Malcolm seemed pretty confident in an interview with Matthes a few weeks ago that he would racing the outdoors. Sounded like he had a few different...
Malcolm seemed pretty confident in an interview with Matthes a few weeks ago that he would racing the outdoors. Sounded like he had a few different options.

My assumption was he had a sponsor that he can bring in to help fund his efforts with JGR (BTO maybe?). With Phil getting the Bogle slot who knows if that can still happen?
JGR could bring 3 bikes and keep Phil as reserve. What I really hoping is Mookie to KTM factory for summer but that doesnt add with BTO backing him.
Trudare69
5/3/2018 12:15pm Edited Date/Time 5/3/2018 12:16pm
22Ryann wrote:
This is great news for Phil, but I'm still confused on why this guy has to ride a select round series & why is he satisfied...
motoxxx599 wrote:
I think all he wants is a chance. If he is consistently top 10 there is no way they will take him off the bike. I...
I think all he wants is a chance. If he is consistently top 10 there is no way they will take him off the bike. I would think he would have Peick covered outdoors.
Has Peick covered outdoors? Good on Phil but I'd be shocked if he took it to Westin on the rounds he's doing....
andyman
5/3/2018 12:43pm
22Ryann wrote:
motoxxx599 wrote:
I think all he wants is a chance. If he is consistently top 10 there is no way they will take him off the bike. I...
Trudare69 wrote:
Has Peick covered outdoors? Good on Phil but I'd be shocked if he took it to Westin on the rounds he's doing....
Im quite sure that Phil said on Pulp Mx show that he's always had Weston covered in outdoors.
Maybe it was some other rider who they were talking, but my 10 dollars says that Phil will beat weston Wink
philG
5/3/2018 1:27pm
Anyone who thinks Filthy is Factory KTM material is on drugs.

Great fit for JGR, he will be pulling a wage from there long after his race career is done.
Matt Fisher
Fantasy
1117th
5/3/2018 5:18pm
motoxxx599 wrote:
Trudare69 wrote:
andyman wrote:
Im quite sure that Phil said on Pulp Mx show that he's always had Weston covered in outdoors. Maybe it was some other rider who they...
Im quite sure that Phil said on Pulp Mx show that he's always had Weston covered in outdoors.
Maybe it was some other rider who they were talking, but my 10 dollars says that Phil will beat weston Wink
Barring an injury from either rider that keeps them from racing, there's no way Phil finishes in front of Weston.
malachi177
5/3/2018 6:23pm
rdrurypi wrote:
Mookie wants to chill and fish I bet. He's a SX guy.
5/3/2018 6:27pm
Barring an injury from either rider that keeps them from racing, there's no way Phil finishes in front of Weston.
History proves otherwise. Phil has beaten Weston plenty of times.
Matt Fisher
Fantasy
1117th
7/21/2018 4:08pm
I'm just going to leave this here.
6. Weston Peick 223
7. Benny Bloss 199
8. Phil Nicoletti 196

I suspect that if Weston didn't need hand surgery, the points gap would be much wider.
BobPA
7/21/2018 4:13pm
I'm just going to leave this here. 6. Weston Peick 223 7. Benny Bloss 199 8. Phil Nicoletti 196 I suspect that if Weston didn't need...
6. Weston Peick 223
7. Benny Bloss 199
8. Phil Nicoletti 196

I suspect that if Weston didn't need hand surgery, the points gap would be much wider.
Digging up a two and a half month old thread? Nice work bro.
Jtommr
7/21/2018 4:37pm
I'm just going to leave this here. 6. Weston Peick 223 7. Benny Bloss 199 8. Phil Nicoletti 196 I suspect that if Weston didn't need...
6. Weston Peick 223
7. Benny Bloss 199
8. Phil Nicoletti 196

I think for jumping on a new bike and team in the middle of the season Phil is doing great!
akmx17
7/21/2018 4:59pm
Would say Phil is more marketable at this point too
7/21/2018 5:30pm
Phil is great.. he sent it down that hill 1 lap on TV and battled hard with Cooper Webb.
Sign him up for 2019 based on that
Matt Fisher
Fantasy
1117th
7/21/2018 8:29pm
6. Weston Peick 223
7. Benny Bloss 199
8. Phil Nicoletti 196

BobPA wrote:
Digging up a two and a half month old thread? Nice work bro.
Given that our discussion was how Phil would fair compared to Weston during the MX season (as I quoted), it's quite relevant, bro.

WarrenMX
7/21/2018 10:27pm
Jtommr wrote:
I think for jumping on a new bike and team in the middle of the season Phil is doing great!
Agreed. Man I hope he beats Peick this year.
yak651
Fantasy
214th
7/22/2018 8:20am
6. Weston Peick 223
7. Benny Bloss 199
8. Phil Nicoletti 196

Jtommr wrote:
Exactly, seems to be getting more used to the new bike. Plus Phil seems likeable, Weston eh....

Post a reply to: Phil Nicoletti to race select 450 Nationals

The Latest