Phil Alderton gone 3 years today

Related:
Create New Tag

3/9/2015 1:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/9/2015 1:20 PM

Great story Phil penned back in 07 I believe. Expert racer innovative team owner and generous to a fault. Miss you Flipper. Wish we had just one more REM race together..............

Never know when we see somebody it might actually be the last time.

|

"My philosophy is to have a really good time and never to let anything stop me from doing what I want to do.

Michel Petrucciani

3/9/2015 2:29 PM

RIP Phil, Troy racing is still one of the coolest moto brands to ever exist imo.

|

Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting


3/9/2015 3:40 PM

Godspeed, Phil. Had some fun Ohio battles with him BITD.

|

3/10/2015 9:27 PM

Thoughts to family and friends Rock, having been there the pain never goes away, we just learn to live with it.

|

Kevin Windham‏ @kdub_14

Not 1factory racer hasnt been told that if ucan help teammate out, then do it 4 championship. Few r in a position like MM25 #partofthesport

3/10/2015 11:18 PM

Rock,

Your last sentance is so true. I just took leave and drove from Virginia to Kansas. My Dad got diagnosed with late stage pancreatic cancer that has spread. We should get a timeline on Friday of how long he has left. Pretty hard though living so far away and knowing this might be the last time.

|

3/10/2015 11:47 PM

What did Phil actually die from? I think I heard heroin OD but I'm not sure if that was Phil or somebody else.

|

"Victory has a hundred fathers, but defeat is an orphan." ~ John F. Kennedy

3/10/2015 11:56 PM

zook11 wrote:

What did Phil actually die from? I think I heard heroin OD but I'm not sure if that was Phil or somebody else.

Yeah, sad...

|

Who Ever Dies With The Most Toys Wins...
No Point Waiting Till Then... Newman Wins





3/11/2015 8:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/11/2015 8:17 AM

I remember back in 96ish my family in I were over in Dayton visiting with my great aunt (I grew up in Indy so it was a short drive). My dad and I used to sneak out after lunch and make our rounds to the local motorcycle dealers and the local hobby shops. HOT/YOT was always one of our stops and when we stopped in, I started looking at the new Troy replica Bell lids. This blond haired guy with more swagger and style than you could imagine started talking to us about these Bell lids. After a bit we started talking about the local racing scene. He must have talked old school District 11 and 15 moto with my dad and I for about an hour. I never did buy the helmet but when we left we both were in shock that the team manager of the powerhouse Troy team just bullshit with us about moto and we couldn't get over how cool that guy was.
That is my memory of Phil Alderton and it was a good one! I remember it like it was yesterday. Godspeed.

|

3/12/2015 9:40 AM

motokiwi wrote:

RIP Phil, Troy racing is still one of the coolest moto brands to ever exist imo.

So true. The YOT bikes were so good looking. Really miss the 5th Dragon.

|

3/26/2015 3:54 PM

yz763 wrote:

I remember back in 96ish my family in I were over in Dayton visiting with my great aunt (I grew up in Indy so it was a short drive). My dad and I used to sneak out after lunch and make our rounds to the local motorcycle dealers and the local hobby shops. HOT/YOT was always one of our stops and when we stopped in, I started looking at the new Troy replica Bell lids. This blond haired guy with more swagger and style than you could imagine started talking to us about these Bell lids. After a bit we started talking about the local racing scene. He must have talked old school District 11 and 15 moto with my dad and I for about an hour. I never did buy the helmet but when we left we both were in shock that the team manager of the powerhouse Troy team just bullshit with us about moto and we couldn't get over how cool that guy was.
That is my memory of Phil Alderton and it was a good one! I remember it like it was yesterday. Godspeed.

Great story and thanks for sharing. Phil's generosity and love of all things moto is how I remember him. He also knew as much about Husqvarna as anyone to the point Phil put together a special hybrid engine of his own making for Danny Laporte to race the Nationals with.. I say hybrid because it was a mix of three or four different models of Husqvarna.

|

"My philosophy is to have a really good time and never to let anything stop me from doing what I want to do.

Michel Petrucciani