Petition to award Tomac and Herlings the titles and wrap them in bubble wrap until MXDN

Related:
Create New Tag

7/28/2018 5:24 PM

yes or no

View Results

|

7/28/2018 5:27 PM

Fingers crossed they both make it through to Red Bud healthy. What an event it's going to be. All the best GP guys plus the 4 best guys in the 450 class in America. I can't wait

|

7/28/2018 5:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/28/2018 5:31 PM

Lets just not race all year so we can get to the MXdN safe and sound.

Fuck no.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

7/28/2018 5:34 PM

This might sound pessimistic but I have a feeling that this battle we’re waiting for might not happen. It’s almost too good to be true.

Weve seen hundreds of times before where two title rivals hardly meet on track at all during the season.

I could see Tomac not getting good starts, Herlings getting hurt before the race, Tomacs pants falling down, etc.

I pray that I’m wrong!!

|

7/28/2018 5:47 PM

The fact you guys think the original poster is being serious bewilders me.

|

7/28/2018 7:30 PM

craigathan404 wrote:

This might sound pessimistic but I have a feeling that this battle we’re waiting for might not happen. It’s almost too good to ...more

We just saw the two of them go at it not even a year ago..both riders were at 100%..

|

7/28/2018 8:24 PM

craigathan404 wrote:

This might sound pessimistic but I have a feeling that this battle we’re waiting for might not happen. It’s almost too good to ...more

Brad460 wrote:

We just saw the two of them go at it not even a year ago..both riders were at 100%..

Yeah but just as often as we are gifted some awesome racing we are also robbed of some awesome battles due to injury, team changes,maybe jeffrey gets food poisoning the AM of MXdN, weird shit like that. Like I said I really hope I’m wrong!

|

7/29/2018 12:38 AM

craigathan404 wrote:

I have thought the same thing for a while now... I can see one getting a great start and the other getting burried. Then we will have to deal with a year of people arguing about lap times ?

|

7/29/2018 4:07 AM

Hope to see them both in same class at MXON so they race each other twice and not just one race

|

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

7/29/2018 4:22 AM

RichardLoots wrote:

Hope to see them both in same class at MXON so they race each other twice and not just one race

I’d go opposite lol. Herlings will probably ride open if it makes sense to get a better result for the team to get a podium... gotta look at those options I guess?

|

7/29/2018 4:25 AM

motonation24 wrote:

I’d go opposite lol. Herlings will probably ride open if it makes sense to get a better result for the team to get a podium... ...more

i know , Herlings has always raced open class at MXON ..

|

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

7/29/2018 5:56 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/29/2018 6:49 AM

Bloody FanBois (and Haterists)

Race, and deal with it.

Bugger the 'Cotton Wool' mindset of so many of you.

Wrap them in Bubble Wrap, as the OP puts forward, and they'd then get their arses handed to them by riders who were not so coddled.

They'll get there, or not. So bloody be it.

|

7/29/2018 7:17 PM

RichardLoots wrote:

If they're in the same class, they'd race three times: once in the Saturday qualifying race, then twice Sunday. They raced five times last year, including the USGP qualifying race ...

Herlings: 1 - 1 - 1 - 2 - 1
Tomac: 5 - 6 - 12 - 1 - 3

There are lotsa "yeah buts," but these are dull facts.

|

F1. MotoGP. MXGP. Screw the rest.

7/29/2018 11:52 PM

Let Eli spend the time between now and the Des Nations practicing starts with Bogle. If he and Herlings are both on their A Game I think the start will decide it.

|

Are you smart enough to buy a bike that costs less, weighs less, makes more horsepower per cubic centimeter, can be rebuilt for recycled aluminum can money and is giggle inducing? It is hard to believe that the American riding public flunks this test en masse. How stupid are you?

7/30/2018 12:19 AM

Tomac is a coward opting out the last two MXoN and now doing this one on home soil.

|

7/30/2018 3:43 AM

Photo

es337, just got the rolls, where should I send'em?
|

7/30/2018 4:23 AM

TDeath21 wrote:

Tomac is a coward opting out the last two MXoN and now doing this one on home soil.

Armchair Patriot.

|

7/30/2018 5:58 AM

TDeath21 wrote:

NateDawg wrote:

Armchair Patriot.

if you look at Tomacs results outside the USA and the USGP races on US tracks it makes sense ..
never won a moto outside the USA but almost a perfect record at USGP'swink

|

7/30/2018 8:33 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/30/2018 8:33 AM

TDeath21 wrote:

NateDawg wrote:

Armchair Patriot.

Has nothing to do with nationalism and I never once mentioned that. Fight that straw man though good job!

|

7/30/2018 8:47 AM

If Musquin goes 1-1 for the remaining 3 rounds, he wins the title.
Just saying whistling
I know it won't happen. But Tomac can't afford to make any mistakes with a 15 point lead with 3 rounds to go.
As good as kenny has been lately, he could easily get in between tomac and musquin if Tomac gets a bad start. That's 6 points in one moto.

Herlings: another story. I'd agree if they just handed him the golden plate now. 6 races remaining, two of which are deep sand tracks.

|

7/30/2018 9:19 AM

TDeath21 wrote:

NateDawg wrote:

Armchair Patriot.

RichardLoots wrote:

if you look at Tomacs results outside the USA and the USGP races on US tracks it makes sense ..
never won a moto outside the ...more

Richard Herlings getting nervous about Tomac beating Herlings. laughing

|

7/30/2018 9:29 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/30/2018 9:34 AM

FlaNard wrote:

Let Eli spend the time between now and the Des Nations practicing starts with Bogle. If he and Herlings are both on their A ...more

This is a great point, maybe the the only truly good point I've read on this read. But consider ...

• Starts used to be Herlings' achilles heel, but he simply doesn't make bad starts anymore.

• Tomac makes so-so starts all the time.

Tomac has been great at running down leaders when he makes a poor start, but the chances of him (or anyone) running down Herlings in that fashion are zero. I'd give Herlings a better chance of running down Tomac (or any leader), but the first moto of last year's USGP showed us that Herlings still had to settle for second. So, yeah, the starts should be the key.

And what in hell has gotten into Bogle at the start?

|

7/30/2018 9:35 AM

FlaNard wrote:

Let Eli spend the time between now and the Des Nations practicing starts with Bogle. If he and Herlings are both on their A ...more

Brownstone322 wrote:

This is a great point, maybe the the only truly good point I've read on this read. But consider ...

• Starts used to be ...more

The GPs have the grates, the MXDN will have them too. Just like SX and Tomacs starts where much better in SX with the easy grates. IMO all tracks should be natural starts.

|

7/30/2018 9:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/30/2018 10:00 AM

shaffstall721 wrote:

not really , raced him 4 times last year and won 3 moto's , was fastest in both quali and won the USGP and Iron Man

Herlings record outside europe is a lot better as Tomacs tongue

Herlings his starts are better , he doesnt need to be "on "to be fast . doesnt make as many mistakes and he improved a lot over last year and his pants are just better quality

so there isnt much to worry about , Herlings is coming over to whoop ass

i only explained why it would make sense for Tomac to race this one ,
lets hope he doesnt choke as there is a lot of pressure on Eli to go 1-1 and the fans want a good race and dont want to hear about who might have won because of fastest laptimes etc etc

|

7/30/2018 10:02 AM

RichardLoots wrote:

never won a moto outside the ...more

shaffstall721 wrote:

RichardLoots wrote:

not really , raced him 4 times last year and won 3 moto's , was fastest in both quali and won the USGP and Iron Man

Herlings ...more

I remember Herlings getting smoked by a certain Cooper Webb a few years ago. In fact, Forkner beat him too.

|

7/30/2018 10:08 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/30/2018 10:28 AM

NateDawg wrote:

I remember Herlings getting smoked by a certain Cooper Webb a few years ago. In fact, Forkner beat him too.

for your memory , Herlings raced 4 moto's that season in the USA

he won 3 of them , lost 1 and ..thats your idea of getting smoked ?? laughing laughing selective memory its called dude

|

7/30/2018 10:28 AM

NateDawg wrote:

And shortly thereafter, Herlings smoked Webb at the MXoN at Maggiora.

Webb: 4th Race 1, 10th Race 3
Herlings: 2nd Race 2, 1st Race 3

|

7/30/2018 11:05 AM

FAIL

|

7/30/2018 11:32 AM

Brownstone322 wrote:

And shortly thereafter, Herlings smoked Webb at the MXoN at Maggiora.

Webb: 4th Race 1, 10th Race 3
Herlings: 2nd Race 2, 1st ...more

He also beat Jeremy Martin, a 2x champ, at Glen Helen a week after Charlotte. I know it was JMart's first race with Geico but we all know how much experience any US rider has at Glen Helen.

|

7/30/2018 11:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/30/2018 11:46 AM

RichardLoots wrote:

Herlings ...more

NateDawg wrote:

RichardLoots wrote:

for your memory , Herlings raced 4 moto's that season in the USA

he won 3 of them , lost 1 and ..thats your idea of getting ...more

My point was everyone acts like Herlings has been unbeatable whenever he comes to the States, which is not true. And yes, in that 2nd moto at Charlotte Webb smoked Herlings and Jeffrey had already clinched the title so there's no excuse why he couldn't go 100%.

And judging from how Cairoli and Gajser faired against Tomac in the USGPs in 2016 I don't think Herlings would've beaten him on those days either.

|