Petition to award Tomac and Herlings the titles and wrap them in bubble wrap until MXDN

es337
7/28/2018 5:24pm Edited Date/Time 7/31/2018 10:16am
Poll

yes or no

Choices
|
RG1
7/28/2018 5:27pm
Fingers crossed they both make it through to Red Bud healthy. What an event it's going to be. All the best GP guys plus the 4 best guys in the 450 class in America. I can't wait
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3657th
7/28/2018 5:30pm Edited Date/Time 7/28/2018 5:31pm
Lets just not race all year so we can get to the MXdN safe and sound.

Fuck no.
7/28/2018 5:34pm
This might sound pessimistic but I have a feeling that this battle we’re waiting for might not happen. It’s almost too good to be true.

Weve seen hundreds of times before where two title rivals hardly meet on track at all during the season.

I could see Tomac not getting good starts, Herlings getting hurt before the race, Tomacs pants falling down, etc.

I pray that I’m wrong!!
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3776th
7/28/2018 5:47pm
The fact you guys think the original poster is being serious bewilders me.

The Shop

Brad460
Fantasy
773rd
7/28/2018 7:30pm
This might sound pessimistic but I have a feeling that this battle we’re waiting for might not happen. It’s almost too good to be true. Weve...
This might sound pessimistic but I have a feeling that this battle we’re waiting for might not happen. It’s almost too good to be true.

Weve seen hundreds of times before where two title rivals hardly meet on track at all during the season.

I could see Tomac not getting good starts, Herlings getting hurt before the race, Tomacs pants falling down, etc.

I pray that I’m wrong!!
We just saw the two of them go at it not even a year ago..both riders were at 100%..
7/28/2018 8:24pm
This might sound pessimistic but I have a feeling that this battle we’re waiting for might not happen. It’s almost too good to be true. Weve...

I pray that I’m wrong!!
Brad460 wrote:
We just saw the two of them go at it not even a year ago..both riders were at 100%..
Yeah but just as often as we are gifted some awesome racing we are also robbed of some awesome battles due to injury, team changes,maybe jeffrey gets food poisoning the AM of MXdN, weird shit like that. Like I said I really hope I’m wrong!
7/29/2018 12:38am

I pray that I’m wrong!!
I have thought the same thing for a while now... I can see one getting a great start and the other getting burried. Then we will have to deal with a year of people arguing about lap times ?
7/29/2018 4:07am
Hope to see them both in same class at MXON so they race each other twice and not just one race
7/29/2018 4:22am
Hope to see them both in same class at MXON so they race each other twice and not just one race
I’d go opposite lol. Herlings will probably ride open if it makes sense to get a better result for the team to get a podium... gotta look at those options I guess?
7/29/2018 4:25am
I’d go opposite lol. Herlings will probably ride open if it makes sense to get a better result for the team to get a podium... gotta...
I’d go opposite lol. Herlings will probably ride open if it makes sense to get a better result for the team to get a podium... gotta look at those options I guess?
i know , Herlings has always raced open class at MXON ..
Bearuno
7/29/2018 5:56am Edited Date/Time 7/29/2018 6:49am
Bloody FanBois (and Haterists)

Race, and deal with it.

Bugger the 'Cotton Wool' mindset of so many of you.

Wrap them in Bubble Wrap, as the OP puts forward, and they'd then get their arses handed to them by riders who were not so coddled.

They'll get there, or not. So bloody be it.
7/29/2018 7:17pm
If they're in the same class, they'd race three times: once in the Saturday qualifying race, then twice Sunday. They raced five times last year, including the USGP qualifying race ...

Herlings: 1 - 1 - 1 - 2 - 1
Tomac: 5 - 6 - 12 - 1 - 3

There are lotsa "yeah buts," but these are dull facts.

FlaNard
7/29/2018 11:52pm
Let Eli spend the time between now and the Des Nations practicing starts with Bogle. If he and Herlings are both on their A Game I think the start will decide it.
TDeath21
7/30/2018 12:19am
Tomac is a coward opting out the last two MXoN and now doing this one on home soil.
NateDawg
7/30/2018 4:23am
TDeath21 wrote:
Tomac is a coward opting out the last two MXoN and now doing this one on home soil.
Armchair Patriot.
7/30/2018 5:58am
TDeath21 wrote:
NateDawg wrote:
Armchair Patriot.
if you look at Tomacs results outside the USA and the USGP races on US tracks it makes sense ..
never won a moto outside the USA but almost a perfect record at USGP'sWink
TDeath21
7/30/2018 8:33am Edited Date/Time 7/30/2018 8:33am
TDeath21 wrote:
NateDawg wrote:
Armchair Patriot.
Has nothing to do with nationalism and I never once mentioned that. Fight that straw man though good job!
crusty_xx
Fantasy
179th
7/30/2018 8:47am
If Musquin goes 1-1 for the remaining 3 rounds, he wins the title.
Just saying Whistling
I know it won't happen. But Tomac can't afford to make any mistakes with a 15 point lead with 3 rounds to go.
As good as kenny has been lately, he could easily get in between tomac and musquin if Tomac gets a bad start. That's 6 points in one moto.

Herlings: another story. I'd agree if they just handed him the golden plate now. 6 races remaining, two of which are deep sand tracks.
7/30/2018 9:19am
TDeath21 wrote:
NateDawg wrote:
Armchair Patriot.
if you look at Tomacs results outside the USA and the USGP races on US tracks it makes sense .. never won a moto outside the...
if you look at Tomacs results outside the USA and the USGP races on US tracks it makes sense ..
never won a moto outside the USA but almost a perfect record at USGP'sWink
Richard Herlings getting nervous about Tomac beating Herlings. Laughing
7/30/2018 9:29am Edited Date/Time 7/30/2018 9:34am
FlaNard wrote:
Let Eli spend the time between now and the Des Nations practicing starts with Bogle. If he and Herlings are both on their A Game I...
Let Eli spend the time between now and the Des Nations practicing starts with Bogle. If he and Herlings are both on their A Game I think the start will decide it.
This is a great point, maybe the the only truly good point I've read on this read. But consider ...

• Starts used to be Herlings' achilles heel, but he simply doesn't make bad starts anymore.

• Tomac makes so-so starts all the time.

Tomac has been great at running down leaders when he makes a poor start, but the chances of him (or anyone) running down Herlings in that fashion are zero. I'd give Herlings a better chance of running down Tomac (or any leader), but the first moto of last year's USGP showed us that Herlings still had to settle for second. So, yeah, the starts should be the key.

And what in hell has gotten into Bogle at the start?
Park Boys
Fantasy
44th
7/30/2018 9:35am
FlaNard wrote:
Let Eli spend the time between now and the Des Nations practicing starts with Bogle. If he and Herlings are both on their A Game I...
This is a great point, maybe the the only truly good point I've read on this read. But consider ... • Starts used to be Herlings'...
This is a great point, maybe the the only truly good point I've read on this read. But consider ...

• Starts used to be Herlings' achilles heel, but he simply doesn't make bad starts anymore.

• Tomac makes so-so starts all the time.

Tomac has been great at running down leaders when he makes a poor start, but the chances of him (or anyone) running down Herlings in that fashion are zero. I'd give Herlings a better chance of running down Tomac (or any leader), but the first moto of last year's USGP showed us that Herlings still had to settle for second. So, yeah, the starts should be the key.

And what in hell has gotten into Bogle at the start?
The GPs have the grates, the MXDN will have them too. Just like SX and Tomacs starts where much better in SX with the easy grates. IMO all tracks should be natural starts.
7/30/2018 9:57am Edited Date/Time 7/30/2018 10:00am
not really , raced him 4 times last year and won 3 moto's , was fastest in both quali and won the USGP and Iron Man

Herlings record outside europe is a lot better as Tomacs Tongue

Herlings his starts are better , he doesnt need to be "on "to be fast . doesnt make as many mistakes and he improved a lot over last year and his pants are just better quality

so there isnt much to worry about , Herlings is coming over to whoop ass

i only explained why it would make sense for Tomac to race this one ,
lets hope he doesnt choke as there is a lot of pressure on Eli to go 1-1 and the fans want a good race and dont want to hear about who might have won because of fastest laptimes etc etc
NateDawg
7/30/2018 10:02am
not really , raced him 4 times last year and won 3 moto's , was fastest in both quali and won the USGP and Iron Man...
not really , raced him 4 times last year and won 3 moto's , was fastest in both quali and won the USGP and Iron Man

Herlings record outside europe is a lot better as Tomacs Tongue

Herlings his starts are better , he doesnt need to be "on "to be fast . doesnt make as many mistakes and he improved a lot over last year and his pants are just better quality

so there isnt much to worry about , Herlings is coming over to whoop ass

i only explained why it would make sense for Tomac to race this one ,
lets hope he doesnt choke as there is a lot of pressure on Eli to go 1-1 and the fans want a good race and dont want to hear about who might have won because of fastest laptimes etc etc
I remember Herlings getting smoked by a certain Cooper Webb a few years ago. In fact, Forkner beat him too.
7/30/2018 10:08am Edited Date/Time 7/30/2018 10:28am
NateDawg wrote:
I remember Herlings getting smoked by a certain Cooper Webb a few years ago. In fact, Forkner beat him too.
for your memory , Herlings raced 4 moto's that season in the USA

he won 3 of them , lost 1 and ..thats your idea of getting smoked ?? LaughingLaughing selective memory its called dude
7/30/2018 10:28am
NateDawg wrote:
And shortly thereafter, Herlings smoked Webb at the MXoN at Maggiora.

Webb: 4th Race 1, 10th Race 3
Herlings: 2nd Race 2, 1st Race 3

BobKerr
7/30/2018 11:05am
FAIL
7/30/2018 11:32am
And shortly thereafter, Herlings smoked Webb at the MXoN at Maggiora.

Webb: 4th Race 1, 10th Race 3
Herlings: 2nd Race 2, 1st Race 3

He also beat Jeremy Martin, a 2x champ, at Glen Helen a week after Charlotte. I know it was JMart's first race with Geico but we all know how much experience any US rider has at Glen Helen.
NateDawg
7/30/2018 11:44am Edited Date/Time 7/30/2018 11:46am
NateDawg wrote:
for your memory , Herlings raced 4 moto's that season in the USA he won 3 of them , lost 1 and ..thats your idea of...
for your memory , Herlings raced 4 moto's that season in the USA

he won 3 of them , lost 1 and ..thats your idea of getting smoked ?? LaughingLaughing selective memory its called dude
My point was everyone acts like Herlings has been unbeatable whenever he comes to the States, which is not true. And yes, in that 2nd moto at Charlotte Webb smoked Herlings and Jeffrey had already clinched the title so there's no excuse why he couldn't go 100%.

And judging from how Cairoli and Gajser faired against Tomac in the USGPs in 2016 I don't think Herlings would've beaten him on those days either.
7/30/2018 11:44am
He also beat Jeremy Martin, a 2x champ, at Glen Helen a week after Charlotte. I know it was JMart's first race with Geico but we...
He also beat Jeremy Martin, a 2x champ, at Glen Helen a week after Charlotte. I know it was JMart's first race with Geico but we all know how much experience any US rider has at Glen Helen.
That's right. And Forkner as well.

Post a reply to: Petition to award Tomac and Herlings the titles and wrap them in bubble wrap until MXDN

The Latest