Petition to Fix the Announcing and Broadcasting of Supercross (Fire Ricky)

Edited Date/Time 5/3/2019 5:01pm
http://chng.it/mZyysXXb75

I think we are all in the same page with this and I hope maybe this could work. Let’s stand together and fix this VITAL issue with the power of VITAL.

Please don’t dumbgeon this. I’m serous and this isn’t a joke thread.
|
VicDaMoan03
4/6/2019 7:23pm
I like RC but he's the Jason Witten of supercross announcing. No shame it admitting it - he is already the greatest of all time in his prior profession. Time to reflect and recognize your strengths and weaknesses and admit this is a weaknesses and give it up.
level
4/6/2019 7:24pm
It’s the whole package. They miss everything. We heard the crowd go loud and saw Marvin dropping on the left side timing so obvious he went down and the announcers are just talking like nothing happened when I’m like how do you not hear and see that.

Then Daniel Blair talks way too long when they go to him trying to be all cool and smart and it’s just annoying. Just so fuc**** frustrating when the camera and announcers keep missing the action.

The Shop

drenmaster
Fantasy
1214th
4/6/2019 7:29pm
this makes me laugh.. wish this made it to their social media segment somehow. Laughing
Kawi15
4/6/2019 7:44pm
I do not understand you guys and your problem.
4/6/2019 7:44pm
mxbigd17 wrote:
This is a “must” situation
It really is. It’s killing the the joy of watching the race. I hope all you guys team up with me on this and sign. I hate that I have to hear the crowd go crazy to know something happened or that I can literally call the race better with the one view in the screen I have and watching the timing when that’s not off too.

It’s so bad.
4/6/2019 7:46pm
Kawi15 wrote:
I do not understand you guys and your problem.
Are you serious?

Helen Keller would agree with this petition.
level
4/6/2019 7:46pm Edited Date/Time 4/6/2019 7:47pm
Still don’t know what happened with musquin unless they tell us later. About to watch the second 450 heat. They are usually pretty good about replaying stuff they missed but there job as announcers is to inform the audience what is going on all over the track and getting the camera men on board also so there needs to be better communication.
However they need to really keep us informed of the whole race and get to working on that on how to achieve that better especially with top riders.
Oh well it’s easy to bitch from the sidelines.
4/6/2019 8:20pm
Seriously. If I could just hear the bikes and turn off Ricky and Ralph I would. I hope this works.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2797th
4/6/2019 8:22pm
Has a change.org petition actually ever achieved anything?
4/6/2019 8:23pm
Derpin' DJ wrote:
Has a change.org petition actually ever achieved anything?
Good question. But it’s worth a shot at this point.
Knobbyjake
4/6/2019 8:24pm
Dump the whole crew and start fresh. Won't happen this year but we can hope for next year.
4/6/2019 8:25pm
I listened to music tonight while watching and had the race volume up just loud enough to hear the bikes and it was great!
4/6/2019 8:27pm
Knobbyjake wrote:
Dump the whole crew and start fresh. Won't happen this year but we can hope for next year.
That’s the bummer it won’t happen soon enough. But shit at least we can start trying to get next year set up better.
VicDaMoan03
4/6/2019 8:28pm
Knobbyjake wrote:
They had the chance to do that before this new season with the network switch. It would have been very easy but apparently some big wig likes the job RC and Ralph are doing and moved them over to NBC.
4/6/2019 8:29pm
Markturbo wrote:
I listened to music tonight while watching and had the race volume up just loud enough to hear the bikes and it was great!
Exactly!
You aren’t alone and that is not okay.
We shouldn’t have to try to distract our selves from the race we wait all week to watch. Bad business model if you ask me. If your pushing away the established fans you surely won’t gain any new ones...
Fourth_Floor
4/6/2019 8:30pm
You're a fucking dipshit if you think RC is going to lose his job due to your gay ass online petition. Are you seriously that stupid?
4/6/2019 8:32pm
level wrote:
It’s the whole package. They miss everything. We heard the crowd go loud and saw Marvin dropping on the left side timing so obvious he went...
It’s the whole package. They miss everything. We heard the crowd go loud and saw Marvin dropping on the left side timing so obvious he went down and the announcers are just talking like nothing happened when I’m like how do you not hear and see that.

Then Daniel Blair talks way too long when they go to him trying to be all cool and smart and it’s just annoying. Just so fuc**** frustrating when the camera and announcers keep missing the action.

The announcers are apparently instructed to talk about only what's on screen. Can't blame everything on Ricky and Ralph. Ricky isn't great, but he does articulate his points well sometimes and knows more about racing than anyone here. Quit the crying.
jonesaustin
4/6/2019 8:32pm Edited Date/Time 4/6/2019 8:35pm
Ricky is doing great imo. Though Emig was one of our finest hours. The thing with Shaheen is his tenor voice. It would work for Formula One (and that’s a compliment) but his tone is too mild for Supercross, yet the corporate suits have decided not to acknowledge this because they want a “Pro” in the booth for ratings. Big surprise there, since the “experts” always know so little. We need a style of commentary we don’t have, and it’s been said so many times now, for SOOIO many years now, alas... What can you do. Executives don’t listen, they’re all about optics, and Shaheen checks that box for them. They can enjoy the paychecks, but deep down they know they’re not that on top of things, which is privately rewarding.
4/6/2019 8:35pm
Ricky is doing better in my opinion, it RALPH.... The guy is annoying, waaay over the top, just tired of hearing him rant about riders injuries, bobble's etc...
I say keep Ricky, scrap Ralph and put Emig back in the booth and if not Emig than put Blair. Anyone but RALPH........

Post a reply to: Petition to Fix the Announcing and Broadcasting of Supercross (Fire Ricky)

The Latest