6/28/2020 4:04pm
Looks awesome, would love to see the company resurrected
snackfedbear
6/28/2020 5:08pm
That looks like so much fun. Gonna have to make the trip down to perris soon

The Shop

Alex.434
6/28/2020 8:02pm
I was there Thursday (4 days ago). I got there right before sunset and rode till 8:30. Must have missed ya!
6/29/2020 9:08am
Alex.434 wrote:
I was there Thursday (4 days ago). I got there right before sunset and rode till 8:30. Must have missed ya!
Ah damn! Yeah, i was there until about 8:15 or so.

Another moto. This time under the lights with a sick sky!

Alex.434
6/29/2020 11:13am Edited Date/Time 6/29/2020 11:15am
Sorry brain fart. I was there Wed....

Having trouble keeping track of the days mate! :-D Looks like Thursday was the better day, it was slamma jamma on Wednesday night...

Fun being able to see the speedo.. you're going 50mph off the big rocky hill jump.
Natester551v
6/29/2020 11:35am
Bryan, I must admit I'm struggling to let go of ICE motorcycles (and I'm sure it's still a ways off, but probably inevitable), but dang that looks fun.

I've owned and ridden e-bikes (currently riding an analog Trek mtb, but a lot of SoCal buddies ride e-bikes), but I'm super curious: what's the plan for spares if something uniquely Alta goes bad or wears out? I'm sure this has been discussed extensively amongst Alta owners, but I'm worried I'd find myself riding at 80% just so I didn't break something. I'm sure suspension, plastic, chains, etc. are no big deal, but I'm thinking electric motor, battery,

Super cool video by the way...I found myself smiling every time you'd go smoking past a 450. Used to get that same satisfaction on my YZ125 when I was racing desert on it...going up against big bore four strokes was fun.
yak651
Fantasy
214th
6/29/2020 11:45am
You must scare the shit out of people when you come up on them and they can't hear it and right there you are!
Natester551v
6/29/2020 11:49am
yak651 wrote:
You must scare the shit out of people when you come up on them and they can't hear it and right there you are!
definitely have to pick your spots...I was thinking the same thing...
Holigan
6/29/2020 12:59pm
I visited with my local dealer this past Saturday to see if he still had any Altas hidden away. He said that Suzuki bought his last one, and told him it was headed to Japan. He also said to expect either a KTM, Husky or GasGas branded one soon. How cool would it be to have a bike that doesn't run on gas that is called GasGas?

By the way, love my Alta
Alex.434
6/29/2020 1:16pm
We have two Altas in the garage. They are wicked fun. An MX and EX. I absolutely LOVE the EX for ripping the technical trails outside my door.
Rawly
6/29/2020 1:53pm
Nice videos , thank you !! Weird to not see a cable on the left side of the bars. Must be so smooth to ride that thing. Vibration must be close to zero.
6/29/2020 3:48pm
Bryan, I must admit I'm struggling to let go of ICE motorcycles (and I'm sure it's still a ways off, but probably inevitable), but dang that...
Bryan, I must admit I'm struggling to let go of ICE motorcycles (and I'm sure it's still a ways off, but probably inevitable), but dang that looks fun.

I've owned and ridden e-bikes (currently riding an analog Trek mtb, but a lot of SoCal buddies ride e-bikes), but I'm super curious: what's the plan for spares if something uniquely Alta goes bad or wears out? I'm sure this has been discussed extensively amongst Alta owners, but I'm worried I'd find myself riding at 80% just so I didn't break something. I'm sure suspension, plastic, chains, etc. are no big deal, but I'm thinking electric motor, battery,

Super cool video by the way...I found myself smiling every time you'd go smoking past a 450. Used to get that same satisfaction on my YZ125 when I was racing desert on it...going up against big bore four strokes was fun.
These bikes are pretty rock solid. Many owners have had 0 issues. Less than a dozen or so (out of about 900) have had battery issues (repairable by the right person), and some rare cases have seen some electrical components crap out. I havent heard of anyone having a motor issue. Plastic is Alta specific except for the front end (Honda fender, number plate, KTM fork guards). There is a company in Michigan who purchased most of Altas surplus inventory when they closed doors, so many parts can still be had if needed.

The community is pretty close and tight nit. Were not going to let these bikes die out. To this day, there still isn't anything close to the MXR/EXR in terms of performance, so we want to keep these things going for a long time.

My Altas get ridden way more than my gas bikes these days. They're always working, never really need maintenance, and always perform 100% every time im on them. Temperature, altitude, etc mean nothing to this bike. It performs the same at 15,000ft at 30 degrees as it does at sea level at 80 degrees.
6/29/2020 3:51pm Edited Date/Time 6/29/2020 3:54pm
yak651 wrote:
Sure do! Ive had a few riders tell me i scared the crap out of them when i come flying by without making any noise. It forces me to ride somewhat defensively, knowing that other riders cant hear me. It is actually why i yell at riders ahead sometimes, just simply to let them know someone is near them.

BTW, riding with a group of Altas is a trip!
6/29/2020 3:53pm
Rawly wrote:
Nice videos , thank you !! Weird to not see a cable on the left side of the bars. Must be so smooth to ride that...
Nice videos , thank you !! Weird to not see a cable on the left side of the bars. Must be so smooth to ride that thing. Vibration must be close to zero.
No clutch, no shifting, no stalling the bike, very little noise, and no vibrations! Its super smooth and allows you to ride longer physically than a gas bike IMO. You also make less mistakes on one.
6/29/2020 4:22pm
Alex.434 wrote:
Sorry brain fart. I was there Wed.... Having trouble keeping track of the days mate! :-D Looks like Thursday was the better day, it was slamma...

Having trouble keeping track of the days mate! :-D Looks like Thursday was the better day, it was slamma jamma on Wednesday night...

Fun being able to see the speedo.. you're going 50mph off the big rocky hill jump.
Haha did you see the speed going around that high speed flat right hander? I was hitting 60mph on the display some laps haha! Just leaned over and never letting off. So fun.
Alex.434
6/29/2020 5:02pm
Alex.434 wrote:
Sorry brain fart. I was there Wed.... Having trouble keeping track of the days mate! :-D Looks like Thursday was the better day, it was slamma...

Haha did you see the speed going around that high speed flat right hander? I was hitting 60mph on the display some laps haha! Just leaned...
Haha did you see the speed going around that high speed flat right hander? I was hitting 60mph on the display some laps haha! Just leaned over and never letting off. So fun.
I did! Yeah that section is 4th pinned on my 250 two-stroke.

Funny I was reading issue of MXA recently that did a whole feature on Husqvarna's Auto bikes from the late 70's thru mid-80's. They won a shitload of offroad titles and even a 500GP race (if I recall correctly). The MXA guys MX'ed them here in SoCal during that time and they talk about how without having to shift or use the clutch, the rider was able to free up some mental space to focus more on the track, lines, riding, etc. And how the auto let them not worry about stalling out anymore in tight corners and all that jazz.

Again, they destroyed offroad and won 5 AMA off road titles in a row during that time.

Reminded me of riding our Altas.
Johnny Depp
6/29/2020 5:19pm
You are riding well and that Alta sure looks comfortable. Want.
Electro21
Fantasy
75th
6/29/2020 5:25pm
That thing looks like a blast to ride!
JohnMatrix
7/1/2020 11:00am
Dude, nice! You're ripping out there. Perris is super fun and your video is making me want to go there this weekend.
RCMXracing
7/1/2020 11:40am
Videos like this will make us gear heads pay attention. Looks fun as hell. Love my 4 stokes, 2 strokes, and would add an electric especially if we got E Moto only tracks built “in town”.

Seriously other than dust what would city councils have to say negative? At some point would be along the lines of skate parks, BMX parks right? What comes to mind is land value for the chunk you would need... doubtful a city would donate land. They sure do for multiple baseball fields, tennis etc. but Moto takes more room. Maybe it starts small with E pit bikes. Oh but the liability factor... SMH. I can dream.

Post a reply to: Perris Raceway on my Alta Redshift MXR

The Latest