Perimeter of the stadium floor

Related:
Create New Tag

2/22/2020 8:07 PM

Am I the only one that thinks they need to do something with the perimeter of the tracks? If it’s wet it’s like ice, if you crash it’s concrete or plywood...

|

2/22/2020 8:43 PM

You are not the only one. It might not be feasible to put dirt down everywhere, but how about some kind of foam surface?

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

2/22/2020 9:01 PM

I agree. Dirt would at least give and off track mistake a chance to save it and get back in track without landing on “ice”. Also with a CW2 incident like tonight at least it’s dirt rather than concrete/plywood

|

2/22/2020 9:18 PM

Nets all around

|

2/22/2020 9:21 PM

How about a bunch of old mattresses.

|

2/22/2020 11:38 PM

Nah....let's make a moat....fill it with Sharks with fricken laser beams attached to their heads.

|

Support those who protect us....our military, law enforcement and 1st responders.

2/23/2020 12:18 AM

Joko wrote:

Nets all around

Better yet, get a bunch of wrestling mats.

Call them "Matthes Mats"

Just think of all that surface area for sponsors logos. They'll pay for themselves.

|

2/23/2020 12:25 AM

I think 4 inch thick Gym mats that Velcro together would work. It would also make the whole setup look more professional like the tuffblox do.

But then again it would make it difficult for track workers and such to navigate... hmmmm

|

2/23/2020 12:26 AM

What about some sort of carpet? Or I guess people would get carpet burns...

|

2/23/2020 12:33 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/23/2020 12:33 AM

Can we all stop trying to pick at every little detail thinking we can fix the sport and its safety? We all know moto is dangerous. If every thought by someone for safety was followed, we'd only be watching flat track. Sorry for the rant... But let's just know that these guys are modern day gladiators and they have their own choosing.

|

2/23/2020 2:17 AM

If the riders in this sport had any say..

|

2/23/2020 3:27 AM

Dirt would probably be the best option. It would require more loads hauled in, but it would probably be the cheapest way to go. When I saw the thread I thought 1 inch thick rubber mats, but they would be heavy. Also they would have the problem of transporting them round to round which would be an added expense.

|

2/23/2020 3:29 AM

In terms of square meterage, it can't be a huge area to cover, if you're thinking a 2-3 metre perimeter around the track? You can get those thick rubber mats they put under swings & see-saws in kids play areas.

|

2/23/2020 4:26 AM

Maybe they need to add 2 more wheels to the bikes and roll cages and race on asphalt.

The answer is nothing you put on the perimeter of the track, that is also logistically feasible is gonna prevent injury.

|