Performance Enhancing Drugs

Mod Killer
10/26/2011 3:27pm Edited Date/Time 10/26/2011 4:06pm
SuperMario wrote:
I haven't stepped backwards..............a fucking druggie is a druggie........whatever kind of sport and whatever kind of drug. There was probably nobody more determined then Ayrton Senna...
I haven't stepped backwards..............a fucking druggie is a druggie........whatever kind of sport and whatever kind of drug.

There was probably nobody more determined then Ayrton Senna in F-1 and he was a skinny kid when he came in but he trained his ass off, and ate a diet that most could never handle, yet there has NEVER been any talk of anyone in auto racing using drugs to enhamce their performance.

That is credible.
have you ever spent time in the F1 paddock?

you might be surprised to find out some of that sports dirty lil secrets. im in no way discrediting senna. he was schumacher before schumacher was schumacher.

those drivers are great athletes. it takes tremendous heart and conditioning to do what they do. which is all the more reason why taboo PED's would benefit a driver. any athlete with the determination and discipline required to follow the diet senna was on, completely fits the personality type that would use taboo PED's. (food for thought).

and if we are going to talk about F1, that sport is the worst example of a sport with regards to "cheating", "scandal", and the likes. hell, that sport invented cheating in motorsports. its all about who can bend the rules the best. horrible horrible example hahaha.

i love F1 (in theory), but that sports culture isnt too coy about its stance on skirting the rules.
10/26/2011 3:31pm
Cygnus wrote:
so you think all of those soccer players are PED free??
SuperMario wrote:
I don't watch soccer.......I don't have any interest in that sport, just the same as I have zero interest in hockey, despite being from Canada.
Cygnus wrote:
I think Cigarettes make people stupid. seriously!
Its always funny how MX will take money from tobacco, beer and energy drinks, yet claim it is garbage

Ironic....isn't it
Mod Killer
10/26/2011 3:34pm Edited Date/Time 10/26/2011 3:45pm
Homey55 wrote:
Using the TDF as a parallel, I think [u]most[/u] people realize that all those guys are on some sort of drugs. They have scandal after scandal...
Using the TDF as a parallel, I think most people realize that all those guys are on some sort of drugs. They have scandal after scandal every year and it has degraded the sport, in the fan's eye. As a fan of the sport of MX/SX, I would hate to see people start to get busted for drugs. Our sport is so small as it is and if it got out that all the top riders were "cheating" the networks would drop us like a rock and the fans would turn their backs on the people they idolized whether they were guilty or not.

I don't have any inside info and I don't even want to speculate, but as a fan, I just don't want to "go there" and ruin our sport. I really am dissappointed to see people make accusations without proof of other top guys "cheating" as that hurts the sport just as bad.

There is also nothing wrong with idolizing a top MX/SX rider. You can have more than 1 idol as far as I know Smile
case in point as to why it needs to be kept under the rug.

i believe this guy makes up the majority. its a hear no evil and see no evil society we live in. this person is asking to be lied too.

and if the blatant truth were ever to be too big to ignore, he openly admits to being willing to turn his back on a sport that he previously turned a blind eye too.

his stance/definitions of "cheating" and the "ruining of the sport" show severe lack of perspective.

when it was found out that the earth was round, many were angry and their was a huge backlash. why? paradigm shifts aint comfortable to deal with. change hurts.

homey55, i commend your honesty. dont take my remarks as an insult please.

The Shop

Cygnus
10/26/2011 3:35pm
SuperMario wrote:
I don't watch soccer.......I don't have any interest in that sport, just the same as I have zero interest in hockey, despite being from Canada.
Cygnus wrote:
I think Cigarettes make people stupid. seriously!
SuperMario wrote:
Its always funny how MX will take money from tobacco, beer and energy drinks, yet claim it is garbage

Ironic....isn't it
Who claimed it's garbage? WTF are you talking about. Step back and smoke a cig man.
Cygnus
10/26/2011 3:36pm
Just for the record I have only smoked tobacco but once in my life.
Nerd
10/26/2011 4:33pm
SuperMario wrote:
I haven't stepped backwards..............a fucking druggie is a druggie........whatever kind of sport and whatever kind of drug. There was probably nobody more determined then Ayrton Senna...
I haven't stepped backwards..............a fucking druggie is a druggie........whatever kind of sport and whatever kind of drug.

There was probably nobody more determined then Ayrton Senna in F-1 and he was a skinny kid when he came in but he trained his ass off, and ate a diet that most could never handle, yet there has NEVER been any talk of anyone in auto racing using drugs to enhamce their performance.

That is credible.
Define "performance enhancing drugs" for us, please.
Cygnus
10/26/2011 4:46pm
Nerd wrote:
Caffeine and Nicotine,Duh.
flarider
10/26/2011 4:50pm
Nerd wrote:
I asked that back on page one
Nerd
10/26/2011 4:55pm
Nerd wrote:
flarider wrote:
I asked that back on page one
I've asked it a couple of times, too. No one can seem to answer it.
Homey55
10/26/2011 5:08pm
Mod Killer wrote:
case in point as to why it needs to be kept under the rug. i believe this guy makes up the majority. its a hear no...
case in point as to why it needs to be kept under the rug.

i believe this guy makes up the majority. its a hear no evil and see no evil society we live in. this person is asking to be lied too.

and if the blatant truth were ever to be too big to ignore, he openly admits to being willing to turn his back on a sport that he previously turned a blind eye too.

his stance/definitions of "cheating" and the "ruining of the sport" show severe lack of perspective.

when it was found out that the earth was round, many were angry and their was a huge backlash. why? paradigm shifts aint comfortable to deal with. change hurts.

homey55, i commend your honesty. dont take my remarks as an insult please.
Not offended at all.

I'm looking at it as a casual observer, having no idea what goes on behind closed doors, just as 90% of the fan's view the sport.

My overall view of the subject is "be careful what you wish for".
10/26/2011 5:08pm
Nerd wrote:
You know what matters more than training that few people talk about? Diet. The fuel you put in your body. That's the big key to cyclists...
You know what matters more than training that few people talk about?

Diet.

The fuel you put in your body.

That's the big key to cyclists as trainers, they know how to fuel a body.
Absolutely. I think RV this year is a perfect example of this. Aldon doesn't let him eat/drink the garbage he used to, and by his appearance and race results you can see the difference.

Too many people in every physical activity get too caught up in crap that doesn't work and neglect to correctly monitor their diet, rest, and amount of training.
Sherwood
10/26/2011 5:20pm
The definition of a PED will make the people who are for them argue anything is a PED so people arguing against that aren't going to post the definition.
bwh998
10/26/2011 5:31pm
The people who will bitch about the athletes doping will also be the first ones to start bitching when the records stop being broken. Do you think baseball would be very popular today if all of Babe Ruth's old records still stood?
Nerd
10/26/2011 5:34pm
Sherwood wrote:
The definition of a PED will make the people who are for them argue anything is a PED so people arguing against that aren't going to...
The definition of a PED will make the people who are for them argue anything is a PED so people arguing against that aren't going to post the definition.
Which means, ironically, that those who refuse to define it for fear of losing the argument are exactly like people who take PEDs: Fear of losing makes them act dishonestly.

Funny, huh?
Sherwood
10/26/2011 5:42pm Edited Date/Time 10/26/2011 5:43pm
Sherwood wrote:
The definition of a PED will make the people who are for them argue anything is a PED so people arguing against that aren't going to...
Nerd wrote:
Which means, ironically, that those who refuse to define it for fear of losing the argument are exactly like people who take PEDs: Fear of losing...
Which means, ironically, that those who refuse to define it for fear of losing the argument are exactly like people who take PEDs: Fear of losing makes them act dishonestly.

Funny, huh?
As long as the rules the people are following are the same and the AMA enforce them the same then the playing fields as fair as it can get.

I find it funny the people that argue "shades of grey" for everything want to make this argument a black and white deal.
Nerd
10/26/2011 5:49pm
Sherwood wrote:
Nerd wrote:
Which means, ironically, that those who refuse to define it for fear of losing the argument are exactly like people who take PEDs: Fear of losing...

Funny, huh?
Sherwood wrote:
As long as the rules the people are following are the same and the AMA enforce them the same then the playing fields as fair as...
As long as the rules the people are following are the same and the AMA enforce them the same then the playing fields as fair as it can get.

I find it funny the people that argue "shades of grey" for everything want to make this argument a black and white deal.
We're not. By applying the "black or white" logic to the essential question, it becomes obvious that there is a MASSIVE gray area. That's the point of the question.

But, of course, you know this.
Sherwood
10/26/2011 5:57pm
Nerd wrote:

Funny, huh?
Sherwood wrote:
As long as the rules the people are following are the same and the AMA enforce them the same then the playing fields as fair as...

Nerd wrote:
We're not. By applying the "black or white" logic to the essential question, it becomes obvious that there is a MASSIVE gray area. That's the point...
We're not. By applying the "black or white" logic to the essential question, it becomes obvious that there is a MASSIVE gray area. That's the point of the question.

But, of course, you know this.
The "grey area" that the broad definition leaves is supposed to be filled by the sanctioning body as to what's allowed and what's not.

After they do that it's then up to the athletes to find the loopholes and exploit it and push it to the limits as they do in all sports but not cross that pine where your cheating as defined by the rule book. It's up to the sanctioning body to watch over this, enforce it, and change the rules the following year to try and eliminate as many loopholes as possible.
10/26/2011 6:00pm
SuperMario wrote:

That is credible.
Nerd wrote:
The classification of substances as performance-enhancing drugs is not entirely clear-cut and objective. As in other types of categorization, certain prototype performance enhancers that are universally classified as such (like anabolic steroids), whereas other substances (like vitamins and protein supplements) are virtually never classified as performance enhancers despite their significant effects on athletes' performance. As is usual with categorization, there are borderline cases; caffeine, for example, is considered a performance enhancer by some athletic authorities but not others
yosmithy
10/26/2011 6:22pm
For the sake of conversation, why not start with this list of banned substances as

PEDs
mxpunk
10/26/2011 6:36pm
this thread is really dumb

"well, i know someone whos a pro who does PED's but i dnt wanan say their name"

if you aren't gonna say their name, dont fucking bring it up!!
motoxxx599
Fantasy
875th
10/26/2011 7:25pm
mxpunk wrote:
this thread is really dumb "well, i know someone whos a pro who does PED's but i dnt wanan say their name" if you aren't gonna...

Agreed.
bullpen58
10/26/2011 8:01pm
Mr. Mod Killer,

Killer job with edumacating the dumbfounded masses. Jesus Christ. I am blown away that there is someone with a brain in here. Nice work.
mxpunk
10/26/2011 8:31pm
mxpunk wrote:
this thread is really dumb "well, i know someone whos a pro who does PED's but i dnt wanan say their name" if you aren't gonna...

motoxxx599 wrote:
Agreed.
FYI, ecstacy isn't a PED !!! lolol
burb
10/26/2011 9:48pm
Modkillers clueless
Mod Killer
10/26/2011 11:43pm Edited Date/Time 10/26/2011 11:44pm
Sherwood wrote:
Nerd wrote:

Funny, huh?
well said sherwood.

the thread should have ended on these two posts. there is nothing left to add.

everything that could possibly be said, has been said, from every angle. if someone feels there is anything left to debate, chances are someone just needs to go back and re-read this entire thread because its pretty thorough.

next time this topic is brought up, we should just link to this one. its got a lot of good info, and the discussion stayed civil and intelligent for the most part.

(thx bullpen. but for every person like u who appreciates the efforts i made in this thread, there are others who want to find out where i live cause of the exstacy story hahaha)

oh, and burb, when youre done trolling, go work on that 125 so we can go riding this weekend. if you get it done in time, you can have my spot at the showa ride day at glen helen this friday if you want.
Nerd
10/26/2011 11:52pm
yosmithy wrote:
For the sake of conversation, why not start with this list of banned substances as

PEDs
Those are examples, not a definition.
themrtoad
10/27/2011 12:06am
In europe we actually caught Andrea Bartolini on steroids. I am convinced he had used them for a while before getting caught, and I guess that means he didn't deserve his goldmedal in 500class.

I don't know if they found trace in his urine or blood. I do know that the guy that finished 2nd was clean, and in a fair world he would have won probably.

I think you have a cheating mentality in the US concerning PED's. Therefore I can never take the results your rider performe seriously. MX in general is really naiv against PED's. US mx is still in the stoneage.

I think all your arguments are bullshit. I want all cheaters to get caught. This only showes mx has a really long way to go before it should be taken seriously by anyone.

Finally...If i doubted some of the stuff before, now I'm convinced just how full of shit your topriders are.

I think the US guys will win in Lommel as well. They should have at least 10-15% over their opponents in stamina due to all the drugs.
Mod Killer
10/27/2011 12:17am Edited Date/Time 10/27/2011 12:18am
themrtoad wrote:
In europe we actually caught Andrea Bartolini on steroids. I am convinced he had used them for a while before getting caught, and I guess that...
In europe we actually caught Andrea Bartolini on steroids. I am convinced he had used them for a while before getting caught, and I guess that means he didn't deserve his goldmedal in 500class.

I don't know if they found trace in his urine or blood. I do know that the guy that finished 2nd was clean, and in a fair world he would have won probably.

I think you have a cheating mentality in the US concerning PED's. Therefore I can never take the results your rider performe seriously. MX in general is really naiv against PED's. US mx is still in the stoneage.

I think all your arguments are bullshit. I want all cheaters to get caught. This only showes mx has a really long way to go before it should be taken seriously by anyone.

Finally...If i doubted some of the stuff before, now I'm convinced just how full of shit your topriders are.

I think the US guys will win in Lommel as well. They should have at least 10-15% over their opponents in stamina due to all the drugs.
i think a lot of this thread got lost in translation for this guy.

and all this sentiment really does is bring this discussion down to the level of a simple AMA vs FIM argument.

he's clearly not aware that all the best drugs have always come from europe.

so lets all just agree to ignore this post.

Post a reply to: Performance Enhancing Drugs

The Latest