Perfect non knee brace?

cloverdale
I am a 50 plus A rider (off road single track) who is not concerned about knee brace protection. However, I am looking for significant support because my knees have the normal wear and tear of a guy my age. I tried the original red Asterisk knee braces and absolutely hated the feel for riding off road. Money is no object, what is the perfect brace that adds support (not concerned about protection) that feel like you are not wearing a brace. I believe there are others who are in the same situation. thx
|
xplane
3/8/2017 6:21pm
I have EVS Web Pro the support has to be experienced to be believed. It is that good.
Jack_Mehoff
Fantasy
55th
3/8/2017 8:03pm
my 55 year old dad has some mobius braces. He says they feel like normal knee guards and hasn't tweaked his knee at all in the year he's had them. The leatt ones look good too
TXDirt
3/8/2017 8:25pm
What is a non knee brace? If money is no object then get knee braces.
gsxr6
3/8/2017 8:50pm
Most of the good knee guards have a metal hinge and give some protection for hyperextension and flexion. The full leg ones I notice less than a normal knee guard, as they seem to move around alot less.

The Shop

gsxr6
3/8/2017 9:26pm
I personally won't ride with anything less than a full brace, and while I don't think they are very comfortable, they do help with squeezing the bike with the legs, which is a plus at least. The guards pbody showed offer quite a bit more knee protection than just going without/ only running shin guards.
speed_racer
Fantasy
2007th
3/8/2017 10:09pm
Try the new TP199 brace/pad from EVS, bought myself a set.
Compression with added knee pads, so far I like them.
DP71
3/9/2017 10:17pm
ive torn acl and mcl without even crashing, have custom ctis, and mobius, they are great and fit amazing, much much better then asterisks.even the ctis feel to "knee bracey" i love the mobius.
Preston412
3/10/2017 7:43am
Mueller Wrap around Hinged knee brace. you can get them at CVS,Walgreens,Walmart and Amazon.

You can get them for less then Mueller are listing them for. I had two pair and worked very well and still keep a pair in the bag just in case a actual brace malfunctions.

https://www.muellersportsmed.com/by-body-part/knee-braces-and-supports/…

https://www.muellersportsmed.com/by-body-part/knee-braces-and-supports/…
JBecker 72
3/10/2017 8:01am
Try the new TP199 brace/pad from EVS, bought myself a set.
Compression with added knee pads, so far I like them.
I'm interested in a set, but not sure on sizing. What's your height/weight, and what size did you go with? Can't find a sizing guide on their website.
419250f
3/10/2017 8:54am
gsxr6 wrote:
I personally won't ride with anything less than a full brace, and while I don't think they are very comfortable, they do help with squeezing the...
I personally won't ride with anything less than a full brace, and while I don't think they are very comfortable, they do help with squeezing the bike with the legs, which is a plus at least. The guards pbody showed offer quite a bit more knee protection than just going without/ only running shin guards.
I have such trouble with squeezing the bike with braces, especially on an incline or even a slight incline
as this puts my knees on the tank and squeezing plastic on plastic is slippery.
I just cannot stay forward under acceleration.
It must be my height and long legs that give me this problem because I hear so many people
say the same as you, yet they are a hindrance for me.

When I wear cheap pads, the insides of my knees are black and blue, but I can ride so much better
and have more control. Sucks.
xplane
3/10/2017 9:02am
The dude literally says money is no object and nobody can even find braces that cost $100 or more? What the hell, you need to spend more to get a legit brace...EVS Web Pro http://evs-sports.com/web-pro
Forty
3/10/2017 10:19am
cloverdale wrote:
I am a 50 plus A rider (off road single track) who is not concerned about knee brace protection. However, I am looking for significant support...
I am a 50 plus A rider (off road single track) who is not concerned about knee brace protection. However, I am looking for significant support because my knees have the normal wear and tear of a guy my age. I tried the original red Asterisk knee braces and absolutely hated the feel for riding off road. Money is no object, what is the perfect brace that adds support (not concerned about protection) that feel like you are not wearing a brace. I believe there are others who are in the same situation. thx
I hated my Asterisk for the first few rides, now I cannot tell they are on. The set that I have is the 2nd generation, the newest are much more streamlined and do not look to have that bunched feeling on the inside of your knee.

Try them out....great product.
SigPig
3/10/2017 10:23am
pbody wrote:
If you want a knee brace, go Cti2. If you want to go the more basic knee guard route, but with comfort and some extra protection...
If you want a knee brace, go Cti2.

If you want to go the more basic knee guard route, but with comfort and some extra protection, I've fallen in love with the Leatt Dual Axis Knee Guard.

http://www.leatt.com/shop/body-protection/knee-leg-guards-hard-shell/kn…

I have the custom CTi braces but have moved to the dual axis knee guards. They've been great for what I do.
3/10/2017 11:32am
I used EVS SX01 or SX02 for years. Raced for 16 years (2.5 professionally) and never once had a knee injury. I bought "legit" knee braces one time, and the first time I ever rode in them, I dabbed my foot in a corner and broke my tib/fib right where the brace ended. Didn't even crash. SX01 and 02 are neoprene with the metal hinge on the inside and outside of the knee, very comfortable as well.

Post a reply to: Perfect non knee brace?

The Latest