Perch Mounted Handguards

TomC31
Edited Date/Time 2/20/2021 6:54am
Does anyone have any suggestions for Perch Mounted Handguards for a YZ450F? Cycra have the Eclipse model for KTM and Husqvarna, but I haven’t been able to find any for Yamaha.
UFO used to make a set but they are no longer available!
Thankyou in advance!
|
Wink
2/18/2021 4:50am
We run magura clutch and brembo brake on YZ450FX and run Husky white handguards, hydraulic clutch is a must have
tsoenksen18
2/18/2021 7:34am
I would recommend the Enduro Engineering ones, they are super solid and don't move around but also can take a hit and not break anything.
rallendude
2/18/2021 7:41am
I'm sure you have your reasons but I would never run perch mounted, even the KTM version, because of the risk that the guard might break the perch in a crash. Even if it just breaks the bolt, that bolt is what secures the lever. When I ran hand guards in MX I always used the plastic Cycra mounts so that the guard could do it's own thing without interfering with the function of the clutch or brake.

The Shop

LungButter
2/18/2021 9:12am
rallendude wrote:
I'm sure you have your reasons but I would never run perch mounted, even the KTM version, because of the risk that the guard might break...
I'm sure you have your reasons but I would never run perch mounted, even the KTM version, because of the risk that the guard might break the perch in a crash. Even if it just breaks the bolt, that bolt is what secures the lever. When I ran hand guards in MX I always used the plastic Cycra mounts so that the guard could do it's own thing without interfering with the function of the clutch or brake.
I've been running perch mounted guards dang near exclusively for over 20 years and have never broken a single perch.

And.....now I'm screwed Laughing
BobPA
2/18/2021 10:05am
rallendude wrote:
I'm sure you have your reasons but I would never run perch mounted, even the KTM version, because of the risk that the guard might break...
My 300XC came stock with perch mounted hand guards. There is no possible way they will break the perch or mounting bolt. They are made from and incredibly flexible plastic that would tear before anything serious could happen.
TomC31
2/18/2021 9:19pm
Thankyou for the help, I was unaware of the Enduro Engineering ones and will look into that.
Moto Mofo
2/19/2021 7:41am
I’ve tried many different ones, but have never found a set of MX handguards that I like as much as the old, discontinued Acerbis ones Pastrana always ran.
TomC31
2/19/2021 6:39pm
Moto Mofo wrote:
I’ve tried many different ones, but have never found a set of MX handguards that I like as much as the old, discontinued Acerbis ones Pastrana...
I’ve tried many different ones, but have never found a set of MX handguards that I like as much as the old, discontinued Acerbis ones Pastrana always ran.
I wish they still made them!
Monk
2/19/2021 7:26pm
rallendude wrote:
That's a big "not gonna happen" bro
wrc777
Fantasy
587th
2/20/2021 6:51am
rallendude wrote:
There are zip ties that keep the handguard from folding back. Those break first. Smile
wrc777
Fantasy
587th
2/20/2021 6:54am
JDEGG#114 wrote:
G2 ergonomics for the win
The full wrap ones might be ok but I have a set of twisted flag mounts (and the screws) that say these aren’t good enough. I also had a clutch lever punch through the flag in a race and it took a while to pull it out. The ktm perch mounted are the best flag handguards I have ran.

Post a reply to: Perch Mounted Handguards

The Latest