Per Round SX Sponsorship Opportunity

mxb2
12/7/2019 4:21pm
DL wrote:
Yes! The race jersey, pant and pit shirts are 100% unique from race to race. I’d say the only limitation is the few weeks needed to...
Yes! The race jersey, pant and pit shirts are 100% unique from race to race. I’d say the only limitation is the few weeks needed to get everything produced so there will be a cut off time for art work to be approved. In addition the sponsor will get a jersey, pant and pit shirt to take home.
mxb2 wrote:
Sorry if i missed a post,. What happens to sponsor $$ from the round , if he doesnt qualify?
APLMAN99 wrote:
What happens to any sponsor's money if a rider doesn't qualify?

Are you seriously asking this question?
Yep, thats what i asked.
DL
12/7/2019 11:44pm
mxb2 wrote:
Sorry if i missed a post,. What happens to sponsor $$ from the round , if he doesnt qualify?
APLMAN99 wrote:

mxb2 wrote:
Yep, thats what i asked.
Some teams have a responsibility to put a rider on the bike if the primary rider gets injured. In this scenario Michael will carry the sponsor to another round. I’ll also add that each sponsor is open to negotiate in their best interest. At the end of the day it’s racing and it’s unpredictable. Hope that answers your questions.
mxb2
12/8/2019 6:39am
APLMAN99 wrote:

mxb2 wrote:
Yep, thats what i asked.
DL wrote:
Some teams have a responsibility to put a rider on the bike if the primary rider gets injured. In this scenario Michael will carry the sponsor...
Some teams have a responsibility to put a rider on the bike if the primary rider gets injured. In this scenario Michael will carry the sponsor to another round. I’ll also add that each sponsor is open to negotiate in their best interest. At the end of the day it’s racing and it’s unpredictable. Hope that answers your questions.
Thanks . Good luck to you guys.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
12/8/2019 7:22am
Why doesn't Vital set up to sponsor a round and users could also chip in?

Imagine the exposure for Vital if 20% of a SX crowd checked it out. They could see the results through the analytics right away if it worked.

The Shop

kkawboy14
12/8/2019 7:31am
Ramrod wrote:
Why doesn't Vital set up to sponsor a round and users could also chip in? Imagine the exposure for Vital if 20% of a SX crowd...
Why doesn't Vital set up to sponsor a round and users could also chip in?

Imagine the exposure for Vital if 20% of a SX crowd checked it out. They could see the results through the analytics right away if it worked.
To easy!
erickx450
12/8/2019 5:23pm
ML is definitely a smart guy and got this $15,000 number from somewhere.
500guy
12/8/2019 5:34pm
DL wrote:
Letting you all know the latest........ Michael has two rounds sold and working on more. We really appreciate the constructive comments a lot of you made...
Letting you all know the latest........ Michael has two rounds sold and working on more. We really appreciate the constructive comments a lot of you made. Please feel free to reach out to Michael or myself with questions or suggestions you have. Thanks! Michael's cell 909 499-7424 email mxleib@gmail.com
That is really cool, as a small business owner it's hard for me to think of that type of money.

it's really cool that there are some out there that can make it work.

I would also think a company that gets engaged like this would maybe wanting shirts or something to wear for friends and employee's that attend the event. (at additional cost)

Like you said you would need time to make that happen but it might be another revenue source.
APLMAN99
12/8/2019 5:39pm Edited Date/Time 12/8/2019 5:41pm
mxb2 wrote:
Yep, thats what i asked.
DL wrote:
Some teams have a responsibility to put a rider on the bike if the primary rider gets injured. In this scenario Michael will carry the sponsor...
mxb2 wrote:
Thanks . Good luck to you guys.
You asked about what would happen if he didn't qualify, not if he was injured and didn't make it to a round. Those are very different scenarios. Not qualifying infers attempting to, but failing, to qualify for the night's final.

DL's response makes great sense if the rider doesn't try to race a round due to injury. If the rider finishes fifth in the LCQ, however, that's another matter. The sponsor has gotten their exposure in the pits already, which is where the bulk of the exposure would come from.

If I were Feld, I'd think about giving every rider who does this sort of program the ability to do a 15-30 second spot some time during the broadcast to pimp these types of sponsors. It could be a great way to show that you are trying to increase the earnings of the riders without having to increase purse money. There is plenty of time during the broadcast to do those things, and it would be a huge selling point to local markets that they want to embrace and end up with more butts in seats ultimately.

Hopefully ML is working on a plan with Feld to get some sort of segment on his program shown on the broadcast.
Mr. Info
12/9/2019 7:00am
Fled doesn’t do advertising for free do they?
owndjoo852
12/9/2019 7:35am
I think this is a great move. It's been big in NASCAR for years now. You see lots of drivers/teams that have different title sponsors for different races. We did it here at Nationwide with Jr. With the costs of an entire season, it really does limit the ability of sponsoring for many companies. But sharing that cost with different companies, and being able to specifically market to local events with national coverage is great too. $15k isn't bad at all for that either. Covering expenses and maybe adding a little profit is the point of professional racing. Subtract out the cost of the vehicle/bikes/fuel/lodging/fees/etc. and it's not bad at all. The guy talking about paying $3k for a title sponsor position was getting a steal. That's not going to cover even showing up at the race for the rider, let alone the cost of all the custom marketing pieces for the event.
12/9/2019 7:49am
Mr. Info wrote:
Fled doesn’t do advertising for free do they?
Hell no Feld doesn't do anything for free. They don't give 2 shits about growing the sport, just growing their bank account. I get that they have to look out for #1, but their moves seem fairly shortsighted most of the time
zippytech
12/9/2019 7:49am
Now that he got a few, when do we get to know who they are, so we can maybe purchase the products from his new sponsors?
APLMAN99
1/4/2020 1:51pm
zippytech wrote:
What ever happen with this?
A1 may not have been one of the rounds sold. First two sponsors listed are Canvas and Rocket Exhaust.

Still a good concept, but I can see where it'd be difficult to get it going.
zippytech
1/4/2020 1:57pm
ML got 7000 + views on this site I know they are busy but I would have thought that would be enough to post an update so we know where to look for him. Is he even racing?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
1/4/2020 1:58pm
zippytech wrote:
ML got 7000 + views on this site I know they are busy but I would have thought that would be enough to post an update...
ML got 7000 + views on this site I know they are busy but I would have thought that would be enough to post an update so we know where to look for him. Is he even racing?
He's there and he's racing.
zippytech
1/4/2020 2:16pm
Any idea what his setup looks like any pics?
jeffro503
1/4/2020 6:44pm
DL wrote:
Hey Don! Michael looks great tonight , and I hope you guys get to see all the rounds out , or at least a lot of them. Good luck tonight , and maybe see you guy's again this next summer up here!

Lookin' sharp!!

Titanium
1/4/2020 7:19pm
I love the idea and wish you the best of luck with it! In the future I believe various different and widespread applications of this concept could bring HUGE $$$$ into the sport. It gives the rider a independent contractor type of status and leaves it up to him and his results to keep it going.
500guy
1/4/2020 7:34pm
Good Job qualifying, definitely visible out there, Who is the sponsor what do they do? CANVAS? what is it
DL
1/4/2020 11:23pm
Hey Guys, thanks for the positive comments. Michael planned to showcase Canvas at round 1. He’s got some pretty cool race deals done. He’ll make an announcement this week. FYI he finished 12th tonight. He’s got more in the tank!
Kyle978
1/4/2020 11:28pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Hey Don! Michael looks great tonight , and I hope you guys get to see all the rounds out , or at least a lot of...
Hey Don! Michael looks great tonight , and I hope you guys get to see all the rounds out , or at least a lot of them. Good luck tonight , and maybe see you guy's again this next summer up here!

Lookin' sharp!!

Sir, you’ve got a little bit leftover on your lip.
Tumblin
1/5/2020 12:06am
A1 and Awesome!...and now moving into A qualifiers...way to go Michael!
mmcmx
1/5/2020 12:48am
Great ride by Michael, still have my BELIEB tee from 2012 when I stayed at racesocal, nice to see him still going well!
APLMAN99
1/5/2020 10:06am
DL wrote:
Hey Guys, thanks for the positive comments. Michael planned to showcase Canvas at round 1. He’s got some pretty cool race deals done. He’ll make an...
Hey Guys, thanks for the positive comments. Michael planned to showcase Canvas at round 1. He’s got some pretty cool race deals done. He’ll make an announcement this week. FYI he finished 12th tonight. He’s got more in the tank!
Hope it goes well and the sponsor lineup fills up completely.

Wish there was a way for supporters to know which rounds were still needed in case they had potential contacts there but it’d just feed the critics who don’t agree with the potential this has.

On a side note, the gear selection at Canvas is absolutely crazy. If you can’t find something you like in that selection, you just can’t be pleased!!!!
DL
1/5/2020 11:53am
APLMAN99 wrote:
Hope it goes well and the sponsor lineup fills up completely. Wish there was a way for supporters to know which rounds were still needed in...
Hope it goes well and the sponsor lineup fills up completely.

Wish there was a way for supporters to know which rounds were still needed in case they had potential contacts there but it’d just feed the critics who don’t agree with the potential this has.

On a side note, the gear selection at Canvas is absolutely crazy. If you can’t find something you like in that selection, you just can’t be pleased!!!!
As of today three races are confirmed, A2, Phoenix and Seattle.

Post a reply to: Per Round SX Sponsorship Opportunity

The Latest