Pepsi buying Rockstar for $3.85B

Related:
Create New Tag

3/11/2020 7:17 AM

Time will tell if this will be Moto positive or negative.

|

3/11/2020 7:27 AM

Opens up potential sponsorship to the rest of their portfolio. Good thing

|

3/11/2020 7:31 AM

misterwaterfallin wrote:

Opens up potential sponsorship to the rest of their portfolio. Good thing

yeah with the CBDMD stuff the snackside of PepsiCo should see a real sales boost!

|

3/11/2020 7:32 AM

I don't think they will change what works and why they managed to established themselves in this action drink "niche". There should be benefits on the cost to produce, and indeed that may open up a bit their portfolio.

I would be really interested to see their portfolio for instance with Michael Leib's Canvas concept.

|

3/11/2020 8:54 AM

Well Burger King has ruined everything they’ve put their hands on so this might be the same

|

3/11/2020 9:14 AM

I don't drink "Pop" or any energy drink... poison.

Well...maybe a splash in a cocktail...but that's about it.

|

(The preceding post by Indian Dunes 4ever is heavily laced with Cognitive Bias)

3/11/2020 9:17 AM

dimesandrhymes wrote:

Well Burger King has ruined everything they’ve put their hands on so this might be the same

BK lounge is owned by 3G who own Popeyes and tim hortons as well. They all seem to be doing pretty dam well

|

3/11/2020 9:26 AM

xrmark wrote:

BK lounge is owned by 3G who own Popeyes and tim hortons as well. They all seem to be doing pretty dam well

Excuse me but as a Canadian I must interject and say that Tim's quality has gone to shit since BK bought them.

|

Washed up Canadian ex-pro couch racer. Selling bikes for a living

2008 KTM 525XC
2009 KTM 450SX
2016 YFZ450R

3/11/2020 9:28 AM

Indian_Dunes_4ever wrote:

OK Boomer...

|

3/11/2020 9:30 AM

dimesandrhymes wrote:

xrmark wrote:

I’m wondering if Wendy’s is part of that group too? In my area allot of the Tim Hortons share a building with a Wendy’s.

|

3/11/2020 10:11 AM

BroFoSho wrote:

OK Boomer...

You're cute with your little labels....

|

3/11/2020 10:31 AM

dimesandrhymes wrote:

xrmark wrote:

Not Tim Hortons. Major problems there.

|

3/11/2020 10:49 AM

Lol "I don't drink that poison, I only use a splash to flavor the other poison I happily slug down"

|

3/11/2020 10:51 AM

Cool story bro, do you spend much of you time staggering around answering questions nobody asks?

|

3/11/2020 11:09 AM

Tubesteak_Cowboy wrote:

Lol "I don't drink that poison, I only use a splash to flavor the other poison I happily slug down"

Did I stutter?

Photo

|

3/11/2020 11:14 AM

From my understanding they were saying the acquisition was a move to boost caffeine quantities in the current Pepsi line. They were distributing and warehousing Rockstar and their contract restricted caffeine increases in Pepsi.

|

3/11/2020 12:18 PM

dimesandrhymes wrote:

xrmark wrote:

jbrown15 wrote:

I’m wondering if Wendy’s is part of that group too? In my area allot of the Tim Hortons share a building with a Wendy’s.

Wendy's bought them first, I think Tim's has changed hands a few times now. They haven't been Canadian for decades (no any good for that matter).

The day they stopped making donuts fresh on site was the day they became dead to me. Their coffee sucks too. It's just got a higher caffeine content, so people flock there to get a fix.

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Empty a bag of skittles into the toilet and then flush. It's like watching a five second long nascar race.

3/11/2020 12:23 PM

As long as Red Bull and Monster are in extreme sports Rockstar will be there

|

3/11/2020 12:27 PM

bh84 wrote:

Excuse me but as a Canadian I must interject and say that Tim's quality has gone to shit since BK bought them.

Probably. It’s not like BK and Popeyes are any good

|

3/11/2020 12:30 PM

xrmark wrote:

bh84 wrote:

xrmark wrote:

Probably. It’s not like BK and Popeyes are any good

I tried that Popeyes chicken sandwich today. I’m not ready to shoot anyone for it...yet.

|

3/11/2020 12:51 PM

Team Taco Bell Kawasaki.

|

3/11/2020 12:59 PM

MOTO1313 wrote:

Team Taco Bell Kawasaki.

Team KFCJGR Suzuki

|

3/11/2020 1:02 PM

Team YUM! has a nice ring to it.

Taco Bell/KFC/Pizza Hut decals all over it. Appeals to all audiences.

|

If it's got two wheels, I know just the guy to crash it.

MotoTribology.com - Motorcycle Lubrication Education

3/11/2020 1:03 PM

MOTO1313 wrote:

Team Taco Bell Kawasaki.

New Team Idea - Yo Quiro GasGas

|

3/11/2020 1:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/11/2020 1:16 PM

Rooster wrote:

Wendy's bought them first, I think Tim's has changed hands a few times now. They haven't been Canadian for decades (no any good for that matter).

The day they stopped making donuts fresh on site was the day they became dead to me. Their coffee sucks too. It's just got a higher caffeine content, so people flock there to get a fix.

Its sad when the Country Style pour your own coffee at the gas station is better than what you get at Tim's. They even buy donuts and fritters from a local bakery every morning, its my stop now instead of waiting in the Tim`s drive thru, its cheaper too!

|

Washed up Canadian ex-pro couch racer. Selling bikes for a living

2008 KTM 525XC
2009 KTM 450SX
2016 YFZ450R

3/11/2020 1:33 PM

BroFoSho wrote:

OK Boomer...

Yea no for sure, anyone actually using this term immediately just comes off looking like a wanna be trendy bag of douche

Photo

|

3/11/2020 1:41 PM

As long as they’re still 2 for 3$ lol

|

3/11/2020 1:50 PM

MotoTribology wrote:

Team YUM! has a nice ring to it.

Taco Bell/KFC/Pizza Hut decals all over it. Appeals to all audiences.

That Joe Rogan thing over in non-moto says 45% of Americans over the age of 45 are obese. Sounds like good marketing to keep the audience plump.

|

3/11/2020 2:03 PM

Moto Obsessed wrote:

Yea no for sure, anyone actually using this term immediately just comes off looking like a wanna be trendy bag of douche

Photo

It's just the way many of the current generation portray their "toughness"....from behind the safety of a keyboard, without the fear of consequences.

Labels are used by the ignorant. ...but if I were to label myself, I'm Gen X.

|

3/11/2020 2:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/11/2020 2:18 PM

MOTO1313 wrote:

Team Taco Bell Kawasaki.

Team Taco Bell Bultaco!

Photo

Three gold stars for anyone who knows who those four gents sitting at the table are.

|

Do It In The Dirt!