People in love with Townley

Related:
Create New Tag

6/3/2007 5:38 PM

Why is every other person on the 101 bandwagon. Last I checked, RV was in the points lead and was is contention in every moto he entered. There is going to be 6-8 differnet moto winners, whoever is on the podium the most will come out on top. All these people on the 101 train need to slow down. RV knows how to win, he's been on the podium every race. People are so quick to judge, it's pathetic. If this was supercross and RV had a 9 point lead, people would be handing him the #1 plate, but for some reason now he is being counted out. Remember, people made the same mistake with RC and those same people have been eating crow for some time since. 20 motos to go, thats a lot of racing.

|

6/5/2007 2:20 AM

I think he's just a nice guy! And that's why people like him.

RV and BT both know how to win. And I believe most people have been expecting RV to dominate... and that hasn't happened. BT has been faster than RV and it seems like he is in better shape as well.

And I haven't jumped on his bandwagon this year... I've been on it for a few years (even before I moved to BT's home country 3 years ago).

|

6/5/2007 6:35 AM

mpy wrote:

RV and BT both know how to win. And I believe most people have been expecting RV to dominate... and that hasn't happened. BT has been faster than RV and it seems like he is in better shape as well.

And I haven't jumped on his bandwagon this year... I've been on it for a few years (even before I moved to BT's home country 3 years ago).

Agree with everything you have said minus the extended bandwagon. I like Townley a lot. I like RV a lot. Anybody's to win for sure.

|

6/5/2007 5:04 PM

mpy wrote:

mud wrote:

Agree with everything you have said minus the extended bandwagon. I like Townley a lot. I like RV a lot. Anybody's to win for sure.

he beats the hell, out of #@&*head J-Law...that kid needs a reality check weekly !

|

6/6/2007 7:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/16/2016 5:54 PM

mpy wrote:

mud wrote:

Mike Bierman wrote:

he beats the hell, out of #@&*head J-Law...that kid needs a reality check weekly !

Not taking a thing away from Townley. There is no way he is dominating. Different tracks suit different riders. RV and BT are equal....same bike, great ability, great program, period. Whoever is up front the most will prevail. Mix in a few others, including J-law= great racing/competition. Enjoy the view, if it ever fu@kin appears on speed. May the best 12 race \"man\" win.

|

6/7/2007 10:20 AM

mud wrote:

Mike Bierman wrote:

eurohero wrote:

Not taking a thing away from Townley. There is no way he is dominating. Different tracks suit different riders. RV and BT are equal....same bike, great ability, great program, period. Whoever is up front the most will prevail. Mix in a few others, including J-law= great racing/competition. Enjoy the view, if it ever fu@kin appears on speed. May the best 12 race \"man\" win.

The pit stop for a wheel in the first moto at High Point was costly, but his ride from deep in the back of the pack (Ben described it as \"Way last.\") was pretty inspired.

Villopoto didn't have anything for Ben in the second moto.

I think the two of them are very close in speed and fitness at the moment. It's going to be a very interesting season.

|

6/7/2007 5:08 PM

Mike Bierman wrote:

eurohero wrote:

GuyB wrote:

The pit stop for a wheel in the first moto at High Point was costly, but his ride from deep in the back of the pack (Ben described it as \"Way last.\") was pretty inspired.

I think the two of them are very close in speed and fitness at the moment. It's going to be a very interesting season.

Was not there to see it, I take it you were, has not aired in my area. There are going to be races where RV settles for a certain spot because he can see and has experienced the \"bigger picture.\" If his goal is to make at least 1 point on Townley every weekend, thats a championship, who cares if he had anything for him in \"x-moto\" or not. Why put it on the ground trying, when you can secure and build a points lead running second. BT is a great rider, no doubt. Remember Glen Helen last year what RV did to Alessi. He probably could have been top 3-5 in the 450 class on the 250. He came into GH where he wanted to be on his terms. He made Alessi look like a true triple digit. He will break that out when the time is right. The 2 fastest SX east coasters almost beat themselves. Townley barely pulled that out after some major setbacks. Maybe RV is sitting back watching this unfold again, only he is not very likely to stall with the championship on the line. RV probably loves that everybody is on the BT wagon because in his mind, he has more in the tank, not to mention that BT is either hot, or cold just like SX.

|

6/7/2007 5:10 PM

Mike Bierman wrote:

eurohero wrote:

GuyB wrote:

Was not there to see it, I take it you were, has not aired in my area. There are going to be races where RV settles for a certain spot because he can see and has experienced the \"bigger picture.\" If his goal is to make at least 1 point on Townley every weekend, thats a championship, who cares if he had anything for him in \"x-moto\" or not. Why put it on the ground trying, when you can secure and build a points lead running second. BT is a great rider, no doubt. Remember Glen Helen last year what RV did to Alessi. He probably could have been top 3-5 in the 450 class on the 250. He came into GH where he wanted to be on his terms. He made Alessi look like a true triple digit. He will break that out when the time is right. The 2 fastest SX east coasters almost beat themselves. Townley barely pulled that out after some major setbacks. Maybe RV is sitting back watching this unfold again, only he is not very likely to stall with the championship on the line. RV probably loves that everybody is on the BT wagon because in his mind, he has more in the tank, not to mention that BT is either hot, or cold just like SX.

|

9/6/2007 10:15 PM

eurohero wrote:

GuyB wrote:

eurohero wrote:

remember this post? Where did everyone go?

|