Penrite pulls out of Honda race team in Aust

Dave #125
Edited Date/Time 12/24/2020 2:16pm
Penrite pulls sponsorship for Australian based Honda Raceteam ( Aust and US.)
Who will replace them as new title sponsor?!
To be announced 24th dec.
Exciting times and a fresh look 🙏
|
davis224
Fantasy
138th
12/14/2020 2:40am
Woah, link? If true, what is Brayton going to do, retire? Who else was supposed to ride for them here?
CPR
12/14/2020 2:57am
Shit news
Talisker
12/14/2020 3:16am
If true, seems like everyone is closing shop. At least bike sales are good.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2803rd
12/14/2020 3:28am
Recent news about Clout makes sense if that's the case

The Shop

tek14
12/14/2020 3:33am
Derpin' DJ wrote:
Recent news about Clout makes sense if that's the case
What news?
12/14/2020 3:52am
I wonder why Clout didnt sign again. Because the team have said there not closing up even though they have lost their sponsor. Surely you would have to think that another year in the usa with even slightly better results and clout would get a ride over there full time. Big call for him to walk away from racing in usa when apparently thats his dream.
EngIceDave
12/14/2020 4:23am
Pennrite is just a sponsor, team is fine.
Yarrive will have a team line up
12/14/2020 6:24am
Talisker wrote:
If true, seems like everyone is closing shop. At least bike sales are good.
Problem is low supply. Not really able to take advantage of the demand. OEMs are trying.
EngIceDave
12/14/2020 9:10am Edited Date/Time 12/14/2020 9:10am
Y’all have lost the plot. 🤦🏻‍♂️
Like you would know, bro

LOL
lumpy790
12/14/2020 9:25am
sure they have something else in the works and article said info would be released on Christmas Eve
LungButter
12/14/2020 9:31am
No need to enlighten anyone who’s impatient......
Fair enough, so what'd you come here for? To make yourself feel better by saying "I know something you don't know but I can't say anything."

Classic.
Huckster
12/14/2020 9:39am
LungButter wrote:
Fair enough, so what'd you come here for? To make yourself feel better by saying "I know something you don't know but I can't say anything."...
Fair enough, so what'd you come here for? To make yourself feel better by saying "I know something you don't know but I can't say anything."

Classic.
Welcome to Vital bro.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
12/14/2020 9:40am
davis224 wrote:
Woah, link? If true, what is Brayton going to do, retire? Who else was supposed to ride for them here?
HONDA AND PENRITE WIN THEIR LAST EVENT TOGETHER.
December 14, 2020

The AMX MX OPEN was dominated by the Penrite Honda Team. Brett Metcalfe took the all new CRF450R to an impressive victory in the PRO 450 class and Kyle Webster won the PRO 250 class whilst Emma Milesevic won the women’s class. It was a great way to finish a successful relationship with Penrite said team owner Yarrive Konsky.

“We have experienced great success during our relationship. Penrite has achieved double digit growth most years and we aided in the development of their products through our teams testing and winning results”. Said Konsky.

The motorcycle industry has seen significant growth during the pandemic and more people are riding motorcycles which is exciting as Yarrive Konsky explained,

“Its an exciting time for motorcycle racing, the industry is up, there is a new promotor for the motocross championship, and we are maintaining our racing program in Australia, it’s disappointing to see Penrite take a different direction but I understand their position and appreciate their years of support”. Said Konsky

Sadly the 7-year relationship has come to an end as COVID placed pressure on Penrite to re-visit their marketing strategy according to Jarrod Harding, Penrite’s director for Motorsport.

“We believe that re-investing at the grass roots levels of motorcycle racing and making this exciting form of motorsport accessible to all is the most responsible way to provide our support given the current economic climate”

Yarrive thanks Penrite for their contribution to racing.

“We won 7 championships together which is a credit to everyone involved and I want to thank everyone at Penrite for their support”.

The team will announce its 2021 Australian Motocross Team on the 24th of December.
EngIceDave
12/14/2020 9:49am
LungButter wrote:
Fair enough, so what'd you come here for? To make yourself feel better by saying "I know something you don't know but I can't say anything."...

Classic.
This does make you look kind of silly.

Doesn't it Nate?
TeamGreen
12/14/2020 9:59am
“Its an exciting time for motorcycle racing, the industry is up, there is a new promotor for the motocross championship, and we are maintaining our racing program in Australia, it’s disappointing to see Penrite take a different direction but I understand their position and appreciate their years of support”. Said Konsky
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
12/14/2020 10:11am
LungButter wrote:

Classic.
The narrative of the thread was gloom and doom and the team losing riders and folding. A team member came in and said everyone is barking up the wrong tree. What I take from that is the team is still moving forward and there will be an official announcement of their 2021 plans on December 24. What more do you expect?
LungButter
12/14/2020 10:15am
GrapeApe wrote:
The narrative of the thread was gloom and doom and the team losing riders and folding. A team member came in and said everyone is barking...
The narrative of the thread was gloom and doom and the team losing riders and folding. A team member came in and said everyone is barking up the wrong tree. What I take from that is the team is still moving forward and there will be an official announcement of their 2021 plans on December 24. What more do you expect?
Well, I follow this sport close, close enough to know that he is a Mechanic in the Pits....not close enough to know he's with Penrite Honda now.

If that is they case, why not just say "don't worry we're all good, more news coming soon" instead of being a cool guy and trying to make everyone else look dumb?
kiwifan
12/14/2020 10:34am
davis224 wrote:
ex-Penrite Honda team in Aus nothing to do with team in US
EngIceDave
12/14/2020 10:37am
GrapeApe wrote:
The narrative of the thread was gloom and doom and the team losing riders and folding. A team member came in and said everyone is barking...
LungButter wrote:
Well, I follow this sport close, close enough to know that he is a Mechanic in the Pits....not close enough to know he's with Penrite Honda...
Well, I follow this sport close, close enough to know that he is a Mechanic in the Pits....not close enough to know he's with Penrite Honda now.

If that is they case, why not just say "don't worry we're all good, more news coming soon" instead of being a cool guy and trying to make everyone else look dumb?
He works for the team
TeamGreen
12/14/2020 10:52am
GrapeApe wrote:
LungButter wrote:
Well, I follow this sport close, close enough to know that he is a Mechanic in the Pits....not close enough to know he's with Penrite Honda...

EngIceDave wrote:
He works for the team
Ya get the feeling they didn't "know" that? Grinning

Then there's the PR that comes out and people are still argiung. Silly
12/14/2020 11:05am
davis224 wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
Really?
davis224
Fantasy
138th
12/14/2020 11:59am
davis224 wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
Care to elaborate? So Penrite Honda is still racing in the US, or did I miss something?
SydAus
12/14/2020 12:16pm
davis224 wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
davis224 wrote:
Care to elaborate? So Penrite Honda is still racing in the US, or did I miss something?
Both the US and AUS team are fine. Just a title sponsor change which they are announcing soon. They are stronger than ever.
hypermoto
12/14/2020 12:20pm
GrapeApe wrote:
LungButter wrote:

Smfh. Classic vital. Calling actual insiders and team members out. 🤣🤣🤣
kiwifan
12/14/2020 12:25pm
kiwifan wrote:
davis224 wrote:
SydAus wrote:
Both the US and AUS team are fine. Just a title sponsor change which they are announcing soon. They are stronger than ever.
I was under the impression that Penrite was still sponsoring the US team, maybe they arent....
LungButter
12/14/2020 12:35pm
hypermoto wrote:
Smfh. Classic vital. Calling actual insiders and team members out. 🤣🤣🤣
No newb, classic Vital is posting something exactly like the Insider did that says "I know something you don't and won't say."

Nice try though.

Post a reply to: Penrite pulls out of Honda race team in Aust

The Latest