Penalty points on rider's AMA license just like FIA Super License

Related:
Create New Tag

2/10/2021 10:10 AM

F1 uses a penalty points system for all of their drivers.

"The Super Licence penalty points system is a method of accruing punishments from incidents in Formula One introduced for the 2014 season. Each Super Licence, which is required to compete in F1, has a maximum of twelve points that can be accrued before action is undertaken on the driver. Points remain on the Super Licence for a period of twelve months before they are removed."


-Something like this seems pretty easy to do and could solve a lot problems with how AMA currently deals with stuff.

|

2/10/2021 12:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/10/2021 12:24 PM

Csb146 wrote:

F1 uses a penalty points system for all of their drivers.

"The Super Licence penalty points system is a method of accruing punishments from incidents in Formula One introduced for the 2014 season. Each Super Licence, which is required to compete in F1, has a maximum of twelve points that can be accrued before action is undertaken on the driver. Points remain on the Super Licence for a period of twelve months before they are removed."


-Something like this seems pretty easy to do and could solve a lot problems with how AMA currently deals with stuff.

It would be good if they wanted Barcia out for sure.

He just hit Cianciarulo, Roczen, Frieze and Tomac all in one race.

|

2/10/2021 1:03 PM

SilverSpurs wrote:

It would be good if they wanted Barcia out for sure.

He just hit Cianciarulo, Roczen, Frieze and Tomac all in one race.

It's not like every time a rider made contact it would be a point. There would have to be something laid out, but I could see incidents like Lawrence & Moismen, Freese & Barcia even Dean & Roczen's deal being a point. Essentially a single point wouldn't mean much, but it might keep riders from repeatedly causing issues. Honestly it can't be worse than what AMA is doing no which is endless "warnings" that mean nothing.

|

2/10/2021 1:05 PM

At this point bam is out of the championship. He’s going to be going for wins and win bonuses. Doubt he cares about points. Go ahead and dock him.

|

2/10/2021 1:11 PM

The AMA has enough issues just figuring out who gets in the main event and when a white flag should be thrown out.

|

2/10/2021 2:18 PM

The AMA can't even police the current rule book properly and you want to assign something to each rider that they'll need to monitor?

Yeah, good luck with that.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

2/10/2021 3:23 PM

Doesn’t the AMA already have super secret probation......

|

2/11/2021 7:22 AM

BMc914 wrote:

The AMA has enough issues just figuring out who gets in the main event and when a white flag should be thrown out.

Yeah, they got this. Photo

|