Peick penalty

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
Edited Date/Time 1/12/2016 10:02am
It sounds like he'll sit out next week (on top of missing the main this week), plus a $5k fine.

No penalty for Friese.
|
Jimmy_Sloan
1/9/2016 11:49pm
I can sympathize with Peick, but I also understand the penalty.
Sully22
1/9/2016 11:52pm
Wonder what the JGR team thinks about it.
kiwifan
1/9/2016 11:55pm
GuyB wrote:
It sounds like he'll sit out next week (on top of missing the main this week), plus a $5k fine.

No penalty for Friese.
I am sure he feels bad for his temporary act of indiscretion, he can repay his sponsors, team and fans by coming out firing and winning when he is back...

The Shop

1/9/2016 11:55pm Edited Date/Time 1/9/2016 11:56pm
VF55 needs to be disciplined at some point...but Pieck needs to show discipline, but I still think Vince had what's coming to him
NMRed
1/9/2016 11:56pm
Well Coach was there tonight. He didn't look too pleased. JGR knows how to deal with situations like these. Same way if it was in NASCAR.
1/9/2016 11:59pm
Bummer for Peick to lose his cool, I'm sure many others would have done the same. On the positive side, the drama is good for the sport. It will attract a few new fans
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
1/10/2016 12:00am Edited Date/Time 1/10/2016 12:03am
Sully22 wrote:
That's what I wondering also...
Would be great to hear Vince,Weston & Coy on the next Pulp show. Smile

I think in a 17 race series, a 1 race suspension (tonight's race) would had been firm enough (that's what I was assuming was going to happen).
A bit surprised it was 2 races...2 races is quite a hit on points and sponsor impressions.
But 2 is still better then 3 or 4 or 5. Smile
Silliker269
1/10/2016 12:02am
Fuck that shit dude , I could see this week but next week too . no fucking way , Friese should get something too ,
kiwifan
1/10/2016 12:03am
It also made for a great 1st round story !! :-)
toroP
1/10/2016 12:07am
Reed got one race for his "retaliation" with Canard, JS got 18 months for taking his meds.
What if Reed went WP on Canard? What if James punched anyone once?
Sully22
1/10/2016 12:08am
Sully22 wrote:
FastEddy wrote:
That's what I wondering also... Would be great to hear Vince,Weston & Coy on the next Pulp show. :) I think in a 17 race series...
That's what I wondering also...
Would be great to hear Vince,Weston & Coy on the next Pulp show. Smile

I think in a 17 race series, a 1 race suspension (tonight's race) would had been firm enough (that's what I was assuming was going to happen).
A bit surprised it was 2 races...2 races is quite a hit on points and sponsor impressions.
But 2 is still better then 3 or 4 or 5. Smile
Matthes just posted on Twitter that j-bone isn't talking...doesn't sound like things are good. Between Weston and Barcia dropping to 15th, JGR had a pretty bad night.
enketchum
1/10/2016 12:09am
Why does this never result in assault charges? That seems the best way to take care of these situations, yet it never happens. 5k for that action means nothing to Pieck
enketchum
1/10/2016 12:10am
And Reed can ride like that and get black flagged.....

Sure
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
1/10/2016 12:18am Edited Date/Time 1/10/2016 12:37am
enketchum wrote:
Why does this never result in assault charges? That seems the best way to take care of these situations, yet it never happens. 5k for that...
Why does this never result in assault charges? That seems the best way to take care of these situations, yet it never happens. 5k for that action means nothing to Pieck
It's a professionally sanctioned sporting event so they let the sanctioning body handle it.
If it went that route ,where does it start at?
Assault defined by law with intent in mind could be viewed as just elbowing a guy in a corner on purpose.
Shoving someone out of the way to get to your bike etc.... I could go & on with scenarios.
Then it's a long drawled out legal process with a trial & appeals and all that stuff.
It's even a major hassle for the victim also, depositions, trial etc...
Probably best(for both parties involved) to let the sanctioning body take immediate action and be done with it move on.
Fights in the sport are nothing new...
This should be a wake up call in regards to a 2 race suspension.
The fine is low,but the suspension effects the entire team & sponsors.
It's quite a hit.
EcoSX478
1/10/2016 12:29am
I hope Peick's hand is alright. Anyone have any update on that??
BSmooth13
1/10/2016 12:32am
GuyB wrote:

No penalty for Friese.
The second line of what you typed is the major err here, IMO.

Also, if I read another person type either "Peick puched...assault...blah blah.." or "...(assault)..." then I'm going to....well, probably just complain on Vital more about that being such an exaggerated statement.

If that's truly assault, and you genuinely - as a fan of sx and mx - feel that way, then this may not be your lane. I understand why someone might make the statement as it relates to trying to overtly prove a point about WP being in the wrong (which is, to an extent, undeniable). That being said, if you honestly think that was assault, which is an offense worthy of criminal prosecution...please. He hit a dude that had a helmet on, if Friese was so terribly injured from said assault, he wouldn't have raced anymore. Let's all just try really hard to be reasonable...I know that's a huge thing to ask for sometimes, but try hard - I know we can do it...maybe..
Jimmy_Sloan
1/10/2016 12:41am
BSmooth13 wrote:
The second line of what you typed is the major err here, IMO. Also, if I read another person type either "Peick puched...assault...blah blah.." or "...(assault)..."...

Also, if I read another person type either "Peick puched...assault...blah blah.." or "...(assault)..." then I'm going to....well, probably just complain on Vital more about that being such an exaggerated statement.

If that's truly assault, and you genuinely - as a fan of sx and mx - feel that way, then this may not be your lane. I understand why someone might make the statement as it relates to trying to overtly prove a point about WP being in the wrong (which is, to an extent, undeniable). That being said, if you honestly think that was assault, which is an offense worthy of criminal prosecution...please. He hit a dude that had a helmet on, if Friese was so terribly injured from said assault, he wouldn't have raced anymore. Let's all just try really hard to be reasonable...I know that's a huge thing to ask for sometimes, but try hard - I know we can do it...maybe..
It was assault. When you punch another person and it's not self defense, it IS assault. Whether it was assault or not does not depend on the injuries incurred, that would only play into what extent the prosecutor could charge. Both players and coaches have been criminally charged for assault on the playing field, Peick is not exempt because it is a sporting event.
jeffro503
1/10/2016 12:46am
enketchum wrote:
Why does this never result in assault charges? That seems the best way to take care of these situations, yet it never happens. 5k for that...
The 5K isn't the big hit , everything else is with just a loss of one race....when you account for all the other loss's involved there Mr lawyer.

Lesson's learned...

Weston : Needs to keep his cool and let the sanctioning body do the work for him.
Vince : Quit riding like an asshole and and starting shit with someone you couldn't obviously finish.

Bad situation on both sides here.
BSmooth13
1/10/2016 12:47am
It was assault. When you punch another person and it's not self defense, it IS assault. Whether it was assault or not does not depend on...
It was assault. When you punch another person and it's not self defense, it IS assault. Whether it was assault or not does not depend on the injuries incurred, that would only play into what extent the prosecutor could charge. Both players and coaches have been criminally charged for assault on the playing field, Peick is not exempt because it is a sporting event.
Yea, so this is what I was getting at. We can parse out the legalese, but if you believe a DA should be actively investigating and pursuing a case against WP for tonight, then I can't do anything but say I disagree. Guess I can have a bit of respect for your passionate fandom, but I do not understand a rational person thinking that what occurred meets a common sense definition of assault
Canerat
1/10/2016 12:48am
GuyB wrote:

No penalty for Friese.
kiwifan wrote:
I am sure he feels bad for his temporary act of indiscretion, he can repay his sponsors, team and fans by coming out firing and winning...
I am sure he feels bad for his temporary act of indiscretion, he can repay his sponsors, team and fans by coming out firing and winning when he is back...
I doubt Peick will break into the top five this year. This JGR factory ride has gone to his head....
kiwifan
1/10/2016 12:51am
Canerat wrote:
I doubt Peick will break into the top five this year. This JGR factory ride has gone to his head....
Sometimes things like this change a person, I would like to think this incident will light a fire in his racing belly
Sully
1/10/2016 12:55am
Did any of you boobs read Eddy's post? He broke down why this isn't assault. For the love of God, ladies, calm down.

That said, Peick was definitely in the wrong, but hopefully the AMA will be keeping a close eye on Friese for the rest the season. If all of the racers are aware of his dirty riding, hopefully the AMA finally takes notice, too.
40Plus_922mx
1/10/2016 12:59am
Not counting the past, just tonight, Friese did what others have done tonight. Peike over reacted and completely lost his cool. I do not excuse his actions because of Friese's past or his reputation as some eluded to even in the broadcast. Although I do fully understand how Peike felt in the heat of the moment however. Well it sure was one hell of an opener.
gnarwhip
1/10/2016 1:04am
Friese has had that coming for years, I'm glad he got wailed on in front of everyone. He moved over on Peick in the heat before, and also Wilson, causing them both to crash. Closed fist punches weren't the best call, probably a couple of shoves or a tackle would've been better. Bottom line is Peick lost it, but also gained about 10,000 fans.
rutsmash
1/10/2016 1:07am
BSmooth13 wrote:
The second line of what you typed is the major err here, IMO. Also, if I read another person type either "Peick puched...assault...blah blah.." or "...(assault)..."...

It was assault. When you punch another person and it's not self defense, it IS assault. Whether it was assault or not does not depend on...
Does anybody use common sense anymore or are we all just dumb f'in liberals now? How about take the totality of the situation into account..Peick is wrong and overreacted but Freise had a helmet on and was really not in any danger of a head injury, has a history of this kind of thing and etc. So calm down with the assault charge for cryin out loud...again step back and look at it with common sense and you know this is not a criminal incident.
1/10/2016 1:26am
That seems fair. If weston had continued or harmed vince physically I could see a 6 race suspension being reasonable personally.
Starcrossed
1/10/2016 1:26am
gnarwhip wrote:
Friese has had that coming for years, I'm glad he got wailed on in front of everyone. He moved over on Peick in the heat before...
Friese has had that coming for years, I'm glad he got wailed on in front of everyone. He moved over on Peick in the heat before, and also Wilson, causing them both to crash. Closed fist punches weren't the best call, probably a couple of shoves or a tackle would've been better. Bottom line is Peick lost it, but also gained about 10,000 fans.
He may gain some new fans , but it also may come at the expense of losing some support from his sponsors as well as drawing some criticism from his team, and potentially negating much of the good will he has earned from many of his current fans over his years of hard work. He's going to have to work hard and try to put this behind him. He hasn't been setting the world on fire recently, and may be on his last factory ride if he doesn't show some serious upside in 2016. I think there may be some anger management classes in the near future for Mr. Peick, per order of the coach. From what I know of Joe Gibbs, he's going to want to make sure that it is well known that this type of behavior is unacceptable. I wish Weston the best, and a win or a few podiums down the road could really help his cause.

Post a reply to: Peick penalty

The Latest