Peick on Friese: "Could have snapped his femur... ended his career..."

enketchum
Edited Date/Time 1/9/2017 5:48pm
Weston Peick to Steve Matthes, January 07, 2017.

Peick: "..."

Matthes: "The semi race, we thought we were going to see another... some aggressive racing."

Peick: "...Yeah, you know, the semi was ridiculous. Like, I got a bad start, caught my way up, made multiple passes, and then I got behind Friese and he just starts looking back, sees me, fucking idiot's cross jumping me left and right, like, almost cleaning us both out and then the last turn before the finish line, I could have fuckin just snapped his femur, but I was like, you know, it's..."

Matthes: "That's what I was gonna ask you, looks like you could have ran it in a little harder..."

Peick: "Yeah, I could have, I could have fuckin ended his, his career, but uhh...

Matthes: "Did you think about that suspension last year, and all that?"

Peick: "Yeah, I just, I figured I have to race with the piece of shit all season, so I was like, you know, I'm not gonna start this off at A1, and, and start it off on a bad foot. So, I just had some words with him after, telling him that he's an idiot rider and he doesn't know how to keep a straight line. So, it is what it is, and we finished A1 actually racing and not sitting on the sidelines, so...

Matthes: "..."

What do you think about the animosity between Peick and Friese? Whose side do you take? How does it make you feel?
|
BobPA
1/9/2017 5:46pm
Sounds like Peick just got done with leg day
motosurf
1/9/2017 5:46pm
Peick 100%. Friese rides like a Joe. And he knows it
Jmicmoto13
1/9/2017 5:47pm
I like Peick and he made the right decision not "retaliating." Friese is a known instigator so I have no sympathy toward anything that happens to him. If Andrew Short doesn't get along with you, you're the problem. Go Peick!
coastie44
1/9/2017 5:53pm Edited Date/Time 1/9/2017 7:10pm
Jmicmoto13 wrote:
I like Peick and he made the right decision not "retaliating." Friese is a known instigator so I have no sympathy toward anything that happens to...
I like Peick and he made the right decision not "retaliating." Friese is a known instigator so I have no sympathy toward anything that happens to him. If Andrew Short doesn't get along with you, you're the problem. Go Peick!
I like peick too but he has to stop saying shit when he is hot under the collar. Given his program (JGR) he shouldnt be behimd friese for more than 3 corners. He needs to use that as motivation and train harder and get faster so hes not stuck behind him!

The Shop

UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
1/9/2017 5:54pm
Friese races with a lot of heart, you have to like that.
Jmicmoto13
1/9/2017 5:58pm Edited Date/Time 1/9/2017 5:58pm
coastie44 wrote:
I like peick too but he has to stop saying shit when he is hot under the collar. Given his program (JGR) he shouldnt be behimd...
I like peick too but he has to stop saying shit when he is hot under the collar. Given his program (JGR) he shouldnt be behimd friese for more than 3 corners. He needs to use that as motivation and train harder and get faster so hes not stuck behind him!
Absolutely right. Peick can have that fire but tone it down a touch.
1/9/2017 5:58pm
If you take to watching Friese on the track I don't think his riding is as "squirly" as people make out. I genuinely think a lot of riders and fans have hopped on the "his a shit, asshole rider" because of the run ins his had with people and it's fun to have another Mike Alessi. If you watch him he has a relatively smooth style and obviously I've never been on the track with the guy but on TV he certainly doesn't look all over the place. I also feel like everyone's talked up Peick's big tough guy persona that he feels the need to cuss a lot and have animosity with any rider that he remotely gets in a battle with, seems like a good guy for the most part though. I don't really side with either two but it gets tedious when a rider who's clearly not shit gets called shit because his the "bad guy".
ky_savage
Fantasy
500th
1/9/2017 6:02pm
Jmicmoto13 wrote:
Absolutely right. Peick can have that fire but tone it down a touch.
He can keep the fire hot, but he needs to redirect it from his mouth to his throttle hand.
kiwifan
1/9/2017 6:03pm
Peick needs to be a lot more professional, I get he is pissed at Friese but heck!!!!!
Jmicmoto13
1/9/2017 6:10pm
ky_savage wrote:
He can keep the fire hot, but he needs to redirect it from his mouth to his throttle hand.
Well said!
RCB33
Fantasy
139th
1/9/2017 6:40pm
Friese has said himself that he doesn't mind, and expects people to race him the same way he races him, he takes what he deals and I can get behind that, I'm not a huge peick fan. It's not that I don't like him, I actually liked him as a privateer but he seems to have let the factory rides go to his head. Besides if he's really that much better than Vince as some of you think, why didn't he blow past him anyway?
StretchASU
1/9/2017 6:42pm
Its like the Reed/Stewart battles but between riders with a lot less talent.
DonM
1/9/2017 6:48pm
There is a reason a line of riders form behind Friese when he gets a good start and we all watch knowing that something is about to happen as he roadblocks and rides with the eyes in the back of his...
Shenzi
Fantasy
1276th
1/9/2017 6:53pm
enketchum wrote:
Weston Peick to Steve Matthes, January 07, 2017. [u]Peick[/u]: "..." [u]Matthes[/u]: "The semi race, we thought we were going to see another... some aggressive racing." [u]Peick[/u]...

Matthes: "The semi race, we thought we were going to see another... some aggressive racing."

Peick: "...Yeah, you know, the semi was ridiculous. Like, I got a bad start, caught my way up, made multiple passes, and then I got behind Friese and he just starts looking back, sees me, fucking idiot's cross jumping me left and right, like, almost cleaning us both out and then the last turn before the finish line, I could have fuckin just snapped his femur, but I was like, you know, it's..."

Matthes: "That's what I was gonna ask you, looks like you could have ran it in a little harder..."

Peick: "Yeah, I could have, I could have fuckin ended his, his career, but uhh...

Peick: "Yeah, I just, I figured I have to race with the piece of shit all season, so I was like, you know, I'm not gonna start this off at A1, and, and start it off on a bad foot. So, I just had some words with him after, telling him that he's an idiot rider and he doesn't know how to keep a straight line. So, it is what it is, and we finished A1 actually racing and not sitting on the sidelines, so...

What do you think about the animosity between Peick and Friese? Whose side do you take? How does it make you feel?
I understand some peeps like his MMA/meathead attitude but his comments right here is why I would have never spent $ on Peick. First of all, stuck behind Friese? with the money JGR spends on him? On a Factory Suzuki?! For real?

Even at the pick of the fight between Stanton/JMB and Bradshaw or Bradshaw and Matiasevich or Chad and JS7, never they spoke like that in the media, even Hannah who's was not one to hold his opinion would have said stuff like that in public. Those guys were smart enought.

Pretty sad that he believes that he'll be racing Friese all season, not sure JGR and Suzuki are expecting that.

Shenzi
Fantasy
1276th
1/9/2017 6:54pm
StretchASU wrote:
Its like the Reed/Stewart battles but between riders with a lot less talent.
Reed and Stewart never spoke like that in public.
jeffro503
1/9/2017 6:59pm
enketchum wrote:
Weston Peick to Steve Matthes, January 07, 2017. [u]Peick[/u]: "..." [u]Matthes[/u]: "The semi race, we thought we were going to see another... some aggressive racing." [u]Peick[/u]...

Shenzi wrote:
I understand some peeps like his MMA/meathead attitude but his comments right here is why I would have never spent $ on Peick. First of all...
I understand some peeps like his MMA/meathead attitude but his comments right here is why I would have never spent $ on Peick. First of all, stuck behind Friese? with the money JGR spends on him? On a Factory Suzuki?! For real?

Even at the pick of the fight between Stanton/JMB and Bradshaw or Bradshaw and Matiasevich or Chad and JS7, never they spoke like that in the media, even Hannah who's was not one to hold his opinion would have said stuff like that in public. Those guys were smart enought.

Pretty sad that he believes that he'll be racing Friese all season, not sure JGR and Suzuki are expecting that.

Actually Hannah said exactly that , but worse! He said he tried to break Howerton's leg. Among a bunch of other stuff throughout the years.
GoonSquad250x
Fantasy
4018th
1/9/2017 7:01pm
moto589 wrote:
Sadly I think this is true
I agree. He just hasn't been the same since he got his JGR dealUnsure
Shenzi
Fantasy
1276th
1/9/2017 7:01pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Actually Hannah said exactly that , but worse! He said he tried to break Howerton's leg. Among a bunch of other stuff throughout the years.
I'm not commenting on "breaking the leg"...
DFWracefan
1/9/2017 7:03pm
Maybe Vince was just looking back to see if Weston was throwing any punches his way?
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
1/9/2017 7:03pm
I was wondering what was up with Peick yapping at Friese after that race, I didn't see anything bad (from tv mind you). It looked like Peick was bitching to him from frustration out of not being able to pass him.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
1/9/2017 7:06pm
I like Peick and I'm a fan. Kudos for him not parking Vince in that race - good decision. Sounds like he grew up a little. That said, he needs to grow up a little more now and shut the hell up with that kind of talk. He should just focus on the racing ahead of him. He needs to be a professional. Ya, Vince likes to road block - BFD, get over it. So does Alessi and multiple other riders. They tend to be good starters but don't have the speed to hang with the rest of the pack, so they get out in front and do everything possible to hold the best position possible and qualify for the main. I like Peick. I think it's a super cool story that he went from full blown struggling privateer to a top 10 racer in the most stacked field in history of the sport. I root for him every race, but I can't stand the drama bullshit. Just go do your job. Crap like that is a distraction, nothing more.
mxjon454
1/9/2017 7:08pm
I think peick has exceeding the expectations that everyone thought he was initially capable of. From watching him when he first went pro, to say he would have had a podium or 2 in SX i wouldve said hell no. The expectations people put on him now i dont think are realistic. I see him as a consistent top 10 rider, with a top 5 on a good night and maybe just maybe squeeze out a podium on a very good night. Fans and the industry hyped him up. He is a better rider then friese though, and friese does seem to ride a way wider bike when peick is behind him IMO.
mxjon454
1/9/2017 7:10pm
moto589 wrote:
Sadly I think this is true
I agree. He just hasn't been the same since he got his JGR dealUnsure
Hes gotten on the podium with his JGR deal and he never did that on his own.
MXerDW
1/9/2017 7:11pm
Peick 8th and Friese 17th, enough said.
JRT812
1/9/2017 7:20pm
UpTiTe wrote:
Friese races with a lot of heart, you have to like that.
Um no.
Fourth_Floor
1/9/2017 7:22pm
I think it's funny. Can't even really say Peick acts like a bully b/c Friese clearly gives zero fucks.
visser62
1/9/2017 7:23pm
Peick is entertaining, but I don't have much respect for him.
dean122
1/9/2017 7:26pm Edited Date/Time 1/9/2017 7:26pm
I really want to root for Peick, ,but he really needs to chill out on his, "I'm a bad ass that'll fuck your shit up, break your legs, curb stomp your skull attitude". If you're behind VF and have problems getting around him, that's on you.

Post a reply to: Peick on Friese: "Could have snapped his femur... ended his career..."

The Latest