Peelout...remember this goat trail?

Titan1
Edited Date/Time 12/7/2017 10:13am
I rode it on Friday...It had been on my bucket list for a long time, and I finally got the chance this past weekend.

I didn't have a helmet cam on...but I remembered you posted yours. Great times!

https://youtu.be/m47Ok98ajSA
|
josh8811
12/4/2017 10:33am
I've only gone up that once. It was back when I partied and I almost left jager from the night before on the trail. There's a fun tech loop along cliff we ride, and finish by coming down there. Can't wait to get back down to SG!
Xeno
12/4/2017 10:42am
So rad! Looks like a good place for the Shinko Cheater tire.
Titan1
12/4/2017 10:46am
josh8811 wrote:
I've only gone up that once. It was back when I partied and I almost left jager from the night before on the trail. There's a...
I've only gone up that once. It was back when I partied and I almost left jager from the night before on the trail. There's a fun tech loop along cliff we ride, and finish by coming down there. Can't wait to get back down to SG!
We rode the single track along the base of the cliff from the pump station. We didn't know about a trail along the cliffs...interesting.
jevyguy
12/4/2017 10:58am
Nice! I went up that trail and turned around at the wedge because the guys I was with didnt want anything to do with it. Video does absolutely no justice

The Shop

Flip109
12/4/2017 11:14am
That was a pretty wild trail. I'll stick to the well groomed mx tracks. Not into all those jagged rocks!BlinkLaughing
Titan1
12/5/2017 12:28pm
Looks like a great place for a Rekluse clutch!
The Rekluse clutch made that trail ride-able on my KX450 (with stock gearing)...lol
peelout
12/5/2017 12:38pm
oh hell yeah, nice work Titan! did you go up it too? the whole trail is pretty damn sketchy going up as well as down. fun stuff.

we did a ton of exploring over by the Toquerville trail too, found a ton of hidden gems out there. and the best part was we had our 5 gallon desert tanks on and full of fuel. There's a pretty fun dirt road you can ride from Warner Valley to the Toquerville area to get some mileage in. great area.
Titan1
12/5/2017 3:43pm
peelout wrote:
oh hell yeah, nice work Titan! did you go up it too? the whole trail is pretty damn sketchy going up as well as down. fun...
oh hell yeah, nice work Titan! did you go up it too? the whole trail is pretty damn sketchy going up as well as down. fun stuff.

we did a ton of exploring over by the Toquerville trail too, found a ton of hidden gems out there. and the best part was we had our 5 gallon desert tanks on and full of fuel. There's a pretty fun dirt road you can ride from Warner Valley to the Toquerville area to get some mileage in. great area.
We were actually down there to ride in Mesquite...but I crashed and broke my handlebars and had to run to St. George to buy new ones...so rather than drive back to mesquite and waste another hour of day light...we just drove to Warner Valley and rode out there until dark.

Check out my flexx bars...these same bars have been on three different bikes and taken a lot of abuse...and I finally broke them:

KGAspeed
12/5/2017 5:26pm
Titan1 wrote:
We were actually down there to ride in Mesquite...but I crashed and broke my handlebars and had to run to St. George to buy new ones...so...
We were actually down there to ride in Mesquite...but I crashed and broke my handlebars and had to run to St. George to buy new ones...so rather than drive back to mesquite and waste another hour of day light...we just drove to Warner Valley and rode out there until dark.

Check out my flexx bars...these same bars have been on three different bikes and taken a lot of abuse...and I finally broke them:

That's the first I've seen that happen to those bars - 'most I know carry them from bike to bike just as you said. Hopefully they hooked you up a little for a new set...
vetmxr
12/5/2017 5:34pm
I rode out there for the first time in my life last spring.......un fucking believable.......I was so mad that it took me 48 years to find this dirt bike mecca. You guys out there are very lucky to have that. Amazing riding....nothing like it. You can make your ride as hard or as easy as you want to.

Very important to ride with guys at your own skill level. Not faster or slower. You'll either be scared to death the whole ride or be gassed from helping get lesser skilled riders through stuff.

We did Five miles of hell at Green River on my first trip out there. I made it through but decided I'd rather ride my bike instead of lifting it over and through gnarly shit all day. Smile

Guys that poo poo rekluse clutches and e starting should spend a day or two riding single track in Utah....
peelout
12/6/2017 8:21am
Is that close to sand hallow??
the top of this cliff and the whole other side is basically the sand-hollow area. the sand is horrible though, deep and soft and nothing like say Saint Anthony or Little Sahara.

@VetMxr... 5 miles of hell is unreal. there is soooo much great stuff, Green River, Moab, StGeorge, Northern Utah has a lot of good mountain single track and good stuff as well. North of Little Sahara is epic too.

hit me up next time you come this way, i'm always looking for guys to ride with.
Titan1
12/6/2017 8:46am
Titan1 wrote:
We were actually down there to ride in Mesquite...but I crashed and broke my handlebars and had to run to St. George to buy new ones...so...

KGAspeed wrote:
That's the first I've seen that happen to those bars - 'most I know carry them from bike to bike just as you said. Hopefully they...
That's the first I've seen that happen to those bars - 'most I know carry them from bike to bike just as you said. Hopefully they hooked you up a little for a new set...
First I've ever seen as well...these bars got more than their moneys worth of miles out of them, I don't need any favors on a new set.

But I did talk with Fastco...and they said they are designed to break like that.
mwssquad827
12/6/2017 2:00pm
We are planning on coming down in Jan... is it going to be good riding then???
Titan1
12/7/2017 10:13am
We are planning on coming down in Jan... is it going to be good riding then???
It should be great riding then!

If you're lucky you'll even get some rain! The dirt will be perfect if you do...just be careful in the washes...flash floods are no joke...and it doesn't have to be raining ON YOU for there to be danger...you have to watch for storms way up stream (usually to the North down there).

But you'll have a blast!

Post a reply to: Peelout...remember this goat trail?

The Latest