Peacock it is!

RaceFan
1/4/2021 10:32pm Edited Date/Time 1/4/2021 10:33pm
Stupid question, hopefully not covered in the previous 3 pages, is Peacock an app available in the US app store?
edit to clarify: I know what Peacock is, just not sure if they have an app like the NBC Sports one.
CPR
1/4/2021 10:54pm
Well it looks like international viewers are getting royally screwed over yet again!

Peacock gets US viewers the SX season for $20usd, meanwhile the international pass is $130usd ($170aus)! That’s fucking extortion!!!

What possible reason could there be for such a big price difference? I don’t want to see any of you guys in the states complaining about the cost ever again 😭
bigjam
1/4/2021 10:54pm
Can we please make all smart tv’s support all these new apps now I need to buy a roku or hook the laptop up to stream the service I paid for... I mean it’s ridiculous
Layton
1/4/2021 10:56pm
RaceFan wrote:
Stupid question, hopefully not covered in the previous 3 pages, is Peacock an app available in the US app store? edit to clarify: I know what...
Stupid question, hopefully not covered in the previous 3 pages, is Peacock an app available in the US app store?
edit to clarify: I know what Peacock is, just not sure if they have an app like the NBC Sports one.
They have an app for a iPhone for sure.

On my laptop I’ve just been going to the website. Both seem to work.

I’m curious about the advertisements during the races? I wonder if they will coincide with the regular broadcast advertisements or just show up anywhere during the broadcast.

When you watch a show on the free version the show just stops, the ad plays, and the show restarts. They are not very long, maybe a minute and a couple of times in a half hour show.
I’d sure hate to have that happen right in the middle of a good battle.
If it’s during the normal commercial time then it wouldn’t be a big deal. In fact maybe that is what we will see, the normal commercials??

The Shop

8tensolutions
1/4/2021 11:18pm
WFO wrote:
As DC said, "It will be cheaper",....but that doesn't mean better. I'll pay whatever it is but our Sport is Dying,.....and some folks are still making...
As DC said, "It will be cheaper",....but that doesn't mean better. I'll pay whatever it is but our Sport is Dying,.....and some folks are still making a LOT of money off of it. Wonder Who those folks are?
DonM wrote:
NBC is doing this for all its motor sports coverage and I believe all sports that were/are on NBCSports Gold. Since Peacock is more than sports...
NBC is doing this for all its motor sports coverage and I believe all sports that were/are on NBCSports Gold. Since Peacock is more than sports and will have more subscribers than NBCSports Gold that would give the sport to more accessible eyeballs...how can this not be a step forward....I guess there is always going to be people that resist any change....but to say our sport is dying is off base...Things are changing fast in the cable/streaming arena which has nothing to do with our sport but to keep up and stay relevant in an ever changing world change has to be made to keep up...As I go through this thread and see all the negativity regarding the change and if I were to go back a year or two most of the same people complained about any change to the broadcasts....all the bitching about MX being on two different networks and it was soooo hard to figure out how to change the channel between motos, well guess what, by changing to peacock you will no longer have to do that....funny how everyone has missed that point.,,,I can’t wait for the day of the race everyone bitching about how they cant log into their Gold account....
I'm with you Don. Just makes no sense how this can be viewed as anything other than positive.
1/4/2021 11:31pm Edited Date/Time 1/4/2021 11:39pm
RaceFan wrote:
Stupid question, hopefully not covered in the previous 3 pages, is Peacock an app available in the US app store? edit to clarify: I know what...
Layton wrote:
They have an app for a iPhone for sure. On my laptop I’ve just been going to the website. Both seem to work. I’m curious about...

I’m curious about the advertisements during the races? I wonder if they will coincide with the regular broadcast advertisements or just show up anywhere during the broadcast.

When you watch a show on the free version the show just stops, the ad plays, and the show restarts. They are not very long, maybe a minute and a couple of times in a half hour show.
If it’s during the normal commercial time then it wouldn’t be a big deal. In fact maybe that is what we will see, the normal commercials??
Does anyone actually READ the press release or half the replies in this thread?
THERE ARE NO ADS DURING THE RACES. You aren't getting the races for free. Either pay for Peacock or pay for TV service.
People will complain about everything. Time slots. Different channels for the nationals. It goes on and on.
Is it perfect? Nope. Is it better than what we had? So far, yeah, cost wise.
We'll see how the quality is, because NBC Gold did have issues, but so does most everything.
RaceFan
1/5/2021 12:01am
Layton wrote:
They have an app for a iPhone for sure. On my laptop I’ve just been going to the website. Both seem to work. I’m curious about...

Thanks for the info.

As an international viewer, the pricing seems much the same as the NBC SX/MX pass. Not a deal breaker that's for sure.
Motofinne
1/5/2021 12:23am Edited Date/Time 1/5/2021 4:41am
CPR wrote:
Well it looks like international viewers are getting royally screwed over yet again! Peacock gets US viewers the SX season for $20usd, meanwhile the international pass...
Well it looks like international viewers are getting royally screwed over yet again!

Peacock gets US viewers the SX season for $20usd, meanwhile the international pass is $130usd ($170aus)! That’s fucking extortion!!!

What possible reason could there be for such a big price difference? I don’t want to see any of you guys in the states complaining about the cost ever again 😭
VPN did work for the Peacock website, so we should be able to access it with a VPN. The issue is that my SupercrossTV account was set on auto renew, so they already charged me with 130 USD.

My fault for not noticing it. But auto renew is just BS for a service with a lump sum of 100+ €/dollars. It's greasy no matter which way you look at it.
Bigshow
1/5/2021 2:24am
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Click “Annual Subscriptions” at the bottom and you can get a year for $49.99 instead of $4.99/mo($59.88). $10 is $10. lol
There is no annual subscription that I can see on my computer. I do not do smart phones and apps. I had already signed up early today and looked for an annual option when I signed up and could not see it then either.
Jmicmoto13
1/5/2021 4:20am
Looks like the Petcock option won't be too bad after all. Looking forward to watching some racing. On a similar subject, I'm tired of industry folks coming on here and being smart aleck's about people's opinions/ questions and various topics. Learn to not engage with banter. Makes you look petty and like you have a superiority complex. Glad to see DC deleted his bite from page 1. We don't need that crap.
kkawboy14
1/5/2021 4:24am
I pay $7 a month for ESPN thru my cable Bill......I never even watch ESPN!

The peacock deal sounds pretty good to me.
SEE ARE125
1/5/2021 4:36am
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Click “Annual Subscriptions” at the bottom and you can get a year for $49.99 instead of $4.99/mo($59.88). $10 is $10. lol
Bigshow wrote:
There is no annual subscription that I can see on my computer. I do not do smart phones and apps. I had already signed up early...
There is no annual subscription that I can see on my computer. I do not do smart phones and apps. I had already signed up early today and looked for an annual option when I signed up and could not see it then either.
It wasn’t listed, they only had the monthly plans listed. Down below, there was a link that said “See Annual Plans” that took you to another page with annual pricing. They definitely steer you toward the monthly plan though.

DC
1/5/2021 4:37am
Jmicmoto13 wrote:
Looks like the Petcock option won't be too bad after all. Looking forward to watching some racing. On a similar subject, I'm tired of industry folks...
Looks like the Petcock option won't be too bad after all. Looking forward to watching some racing. On a similar subject, I'm tired of industry folks coming on here and being smart aleck's about people's opinions/ questions and various topics. Learn to not engage with banter. Makes you look petty and like you have a superiority complex. Glad to see DC deleted his bite from page 1. We don't need that crap.
Sorry, I don't delete anything here, I'm not sure what crap you're talking about?

DC
Racer X
Jmicmoto13
1/5/2021 4:48am
Jmicmoto13 wrote:
Looks like the Petcock option won't be too bad after all. Looking forward to watching some racing. On a similar subject, I'm tired of industry folks...
DC wrote:
Sorry, I don't delete anything here, I'm not sure what crap you're talking about?

DC
Racer X
Your snarky "can I pull your car around sir" comment to be specific. When someone was moaning about you saying it would be cheaper. Ease up.
1/5/2021 4:55am
GrapeApe wrote:
I'm so beaten down by this transition from bundled cable to a hundred different streaming platforms. It was fun at first, now it's pretty apparent we'll...
I'm so beaten down by this transition from bundled cable to a hundred different streaming platforms. It was fun at first, now it's pretty apparent we'll all be spending more than the ridiculous monthly cable prices.
Just rotate services. We only subscribe to 3 at a time. So if we add Hulu, we drop Netflix. Once we're caught up on our shows on Hulu, we drop it and add Disney. You're only paying monthly so you can cancel and restart services at will.
DC
1/5/2021 4:57am
Jmicmoto13 wrote:
DC wrote:

DC
Racer X
Jmicmoto13 wrote:
Your snarky "can I pull your car around sir" comment to be specific. When someone was moaning about you saying it would be cheaper. Ease up.
Someone else must have cleaned that back-and-forth up. But I sure hope I retain the right to be sarcastic every now and then, just like anyone else... I just didn't realize the man wanted the package with no commercials when I said it would be cheaper, which Peacock is for me. Sorry.

DC
Racer X
mx196
Fantasy
4100th
1/5/2021 5:46am
DC wrote:
Someone else must have cleaned that back-and-forth up. But I sure hope I retain the right to be sarcastic every now and then, just like anyone...
Someone else must have cleaned that back-and-forth up. But I sure hope I retain the right to be sarcastic every now and then, just like anyone else... I just didn't realize the man wanted the package with no commercials when I said it would be cheaper, which Peacock is for me. Sorry.

DC
Racer X
DC,
In regards to viewership are they projecting it to gain more viewers or is it more of a lateral switch?
tingo
1/5/2021 6:08am
vdrsnk04 wrote:
Anybody have a promo code for Peacock lol?
Try code HOLIDAY. Tongue

Glad that it has all been sorted out. Purchasing now!
Janus9
1/5/2021 6:09am
I just signed up and since I use Xfinity for my internet, I got premium for free. Super stoked!
de883zx
1/5/2021 6:58am
I have comcast and its says i need a flex box which is free. does anyone know if I need one for each tv in my household?
sandtrack315
1/5/2021 7:08am
Janus9 wrote:
I just signed up and since I use Xfinity for my internet, I got premium for free. Super stoked!
Yup, I just did this too. I ended up paying the extra 5 per month to get the Premium Plus ad-free thing. 5 bucks a month ain't bad to watch everything on NBC without commercials, including supercross. This is great!
VicDaMoan03
1/5/2021 7:14am
Just paid my $50 for the year which is a great deal for MX/SX alone. All the other stuff is just a bonus. I don't know why some of you are complaining 🤷‍♂️
Layton
1/5/2021 7:15am
RaceFan wrote:
Layton wrote:

Does anyone actually READ the press release or half the replies in this thread? THERE ARE NO ADS DURING THE RACES. You aren't getting the races...
THERE ARE NO ADS DURING THE RACES. You aren't getting the races for free. Either pay for Peacock or pay for TV service.
People will complain about everything. Time slots. Different channels for the nationals. It goes on and on.
We'll see how the quality is, because NBC Gold did have issues, but so does most everything.
Yes I did read it.
Premium has advertisements.
You have to get the Premium Plus at $9.95 to avoid the advertisements.

Obviously you can go with a yearly plan and save some money.
DonM
1/5/2021 7:26am
Layton wrote:

Does anyone actually READ the press release or half the replies in this thread? THERE ARE NO ADS DURING THE RACES. You aren't getting the races...
Layton wrote:
Yes I did read it. Premium has advertisements. You have to get the Premium Plus at $9.95 to avoid the advertisements. Obviously you can go with...
Yes I did read it.

SX is commercial free with premium....now if you want to watch The office commercial free then by all means purchase the plus at $9.95 but for SX and MX there is no need.
DC
1/5/2021 7:26am
DC wrote:
Someone else must have cleaned that back-and-forth up. But I sure hope I retain the right to be sarcastic every now and then, just like anyone...

DC
Racer X
mx196 wrote:
DC,
In regards to viewership are they projecting it to gain more viewers or is it more of a lateral switch?
I really don't know the network answer to that, but the TV landscape as a whole is changing rapidly, as most kids only watch TV on their devices now, a lot of people are "cord cutters" and everyone is getting into the streaming business, as that's where new customers are. I know that in my household, about the only thing we watch on live TV is sports; everything else (sit-coms, movies, series) we watch whenever we want to on demand. NBC had a real awakening with NBC Sports Gold streaming the Olympics, and I think Peacock is the next step in that evolution.

No one wants to lose viewers, that's for sure, and with less and less people watching network TV, this seems like a logical transition for NBC, and I am sure we will see other networks heading this way as well, like ESPN+

DC
Racer X
STLSharky
1/5/2021 7:29am
Jmicmoto13 wrote:
not a personal fan but the dude comes on when beckoned and gets on here and answers all questions
when he doesnt have to, business wise the dude gets an A+.

With no industry guys here you get nothin.
1/5/2021 8:02am
Layton wrote:
Yes I did read it. Premium has advertisements. You have to get the Premium Plus at $9.95 to avoid the advertisements. Obviously you can go with...
Yes I did read it.

DonM wrote:
SX is commercial free with premium....now if you want to watch The office commercial free then by all means purchase the plus at $9.95 but for...
SX is commercial free with premium....now if you want to watch The office commercial free then by all means purchase the plus at $9.95 but for SX and MX there is no need.
Is MX commercial free with the $4.95 plan, too?
DonM
1/5/2021 8:05am
Layton wrote:
Yes I did read it.

DonM wrote:
SX is commercial free with premium....now if you want to watch The office commercial free then by all means purchase the plus at $9.95 but for...
Is MX commercial free with the $4.95 plan, too?
Yes....from the press release

“Peacock Premium to Feature Extensive Live and Commercial-Free Coverage of Supercross and Pro Motocross 2021 Seasons”

Post a reply to: Peacock it is!

The Latest