Peacock TV - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DF313
Fantasy
2455th
Edited Date/Time 1/18/2021 9:51am
Just noticed at the bottom of the webpage, and in the settings portion of the app, you can opt out of NBC selling your personal information and preferences to advertisers. I am sure every company already does this, but at leas they let you opt out if you'd like.
|
SPYGUY
Fantasy
725th
1/18/2021 10:06am
Perhaps letting Peacock advertisers see that a lot of people are watching Supercross will cause an influx of advertisers to the sport meaning more good-paying rides and a popularity wave to where Tuesday Night Supercross becomes just as big, if not bigger, than Monday Night Football.

Or perhaps not.
ShawdowGlen
1/18/2021 10:38am
I don't know about you....but I love getting those offers for glassware with my family's name engraved on them...
slipdog
1/18/2021 11:00am
I don't know about you....but I love getting those offers for glassware with my family's name engraved on them...
I just bought matching bracelets with the GPS coordinates of the exact location my wife and I first met. How did they know that's just what I needed?
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
1/18/2021 12:12pm
slipdog wrote:
I just bought matching bracelets with the GPS coordinates of the exact location my wife and I first met. How did they know that's just what...
I just bought matching bracelets with the GPS coordinates of the exact location my wife and I first met. How did they know that's just what I needed?
How did they know the GPS coordinates????!!!! BlinkBlinkBlink

The Shop

nskerb
1/18/2021 3:15pm
If you use the internet and own a smartphone. All of your information and all future information is already out there. Not much going back or hiding stuff at this point.
aeffertz
1/18/2021 6:30pm
nskerb wrote:
If you use the internet and own a smartphone. All of your information and all future information is already out there. Not much going back or...
If you use the internet and own a smartphone. All of your information and all future information is already out there. Not much going back or hiding stuff at this point.
Sad reality but I guess I am okay with the trade off. A world of information and communication at your finger tips vs. complete privacy.

The internet is too cool. Though I do often think about how simple things could be if you were “off the grid”. I like health insurance and the internet though. Grinning
nskerb
1/18/2021 7:07pm
aeffertz wrote:
Sad reality but I guess I am okay with the trade off. A world of information and communication at your finger tips vs. complete privacy. The...
Sad reality but I guess I am okay with the trade off. A world of information and communication at your finger tips vs. complete privacy.

The internet is too cool. Though I do often think about how simple things could be if you were “off the grid”. I like health insurance and the internet though. Grinning
I completely agree. I don’t love the idea that my information is being pimped out to the highest bidder, but in the big picture I’m pretty fucking boring. There’s no real reason that my information would be worth any more than analytics for targeted advertisements.
1/19/2021 7:26am
Ever buy a new vehicle? Nothing is worse than getting 5 calls a day about buying an "extended warranty". ill never buy another new vehicle because of this! shits ridiculous, I've even opted out and told them to stop calling but this still do from different numbers day after day. Should be against the law!
teggers
1/19/2021 7:21pm
That's what they are in business to do.

Post a reply to: Peacock TV - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Latest