Peacock TV

daemon616
1/18/2021 7:20am
I agree there could be a lot of room for improvement. I liked how it worked on NBC Sports Gold for the things mentioned in this thread. Oh well hopefully it gets better.
honda341
1/18/2021 3:56pm
Under my sports it does nit have Supercross or SX, just motorsports. Then no where in there had qualifying. Using you search method worked. Thanks Don
DonM
1/18/2021 4:19pm
honda341 wrote:
Under my sports it does nit have Supercross or SX, just motorsports. Then no where in there had qualifying. Using you search method worked. Thanks Don
Sorry it’s under motor sports just have to scroll to the right...
1/18/2021 6:29pm
I don’t have the race replay on peacock or nbc sports. Am I alone. I’m super bummed. I was flying that night and I can’t get the race. I thought signing up for peacock would fix it but it’s really pissing me off. Help please!

The Shop

garagedog
Fantasy
722nd
1/18/2021 7:01pm Edited Date/Time 1/18/2021 7:02pm
I don’t have the race replay on peacock or nbc sports. Am I alone. I’m super bummed. I was flying that night and I can’t get...
I don’t have the race replay on peacock or nbc sports. Am I alone. I’m super bummed. I was flying that night and I can’t get the race. I thought signing up for peacock would fix it but it’s really pissing me off. Help please!
I posted a screenshot above ^ (PC using google chrome browser).

If you are on a little mobile device, you wont see "Sports" initially. You will have to scroll the menu bar (swipe from right to left). Then scroll down until you see "Supercross". To get to last weeks race, you will have to click on the right arrow on the right side of the screen. >

-SX tomorrow night!!!!
1/18/2021 7:46pm
Peacock is not compatible w/ Linux:

This prob will not impact many users but note that the Peacock platform does NOT work on Linux operating systems no matter what browser is used.

Only brief clips (like the H1 11min highlight clip recently posted which doesn't enforce DRM) will playback under Linux.

Search "peacock 2003 error Linux" for detailed info if interested in related DRM details impacting Linux.
CPR
1/19/2021 12:32am
SCC wrote:
I would glady pay $20/mo for a 4k stream instead of the 480p Peacock offers for $5. I have 1g fiber internet and uhd tv.
STLSharky wrote:
cameras sucked ass, blurry as hell
8500rpm wrote:
Makes me wonder, is PeacockTV and Supercross Live (for outside US) the same feed? Seems the complaints are the same.

https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Supercross-live-picture-…

They’re clearly not the same, the international stream is $110 more, so it must be better right?! Whistling
KurtJ99
Fantasy
682nd
1/19/2021 3:02am
Minor misleading point on free premium. Peacock has a button in subscription page that says Xfinity has free premium peacock, but when I got the confirmation code peacock had a pop up that said my Xfinity plan doesn’t include it. Maybe because I only have internet through Infinity.
1/19/2021 4:53am
With nbc sports gold I could use my iPhone and lightning to av adapter to see it on my tv screen instead of the small iPhone...
With nbc sports gold I could use my iPhone and lightning to av adapter to see it on my tv screen instead of the small iPhone screen. Now with peacock it just has audio on the tv , no video. All other apps still work thru phone to tv. Read that the app doesn’t support this connection. Anybody else having this issue ?
Can anyone else confirm/deny the validity of this claim?

Due to certain restrictions, there will be times where a direct physical connection from my iphone to a TV will be the only method avaible for me to watch these races via the Peacock app.

Appreciate any input.
cloud41
1/19/2021 5:00am
With nbc sports gold I could use my iPhone and lightning to av adapter to see it on my tv screen instead of the small iPhone...
With nbc sports gold I could use my iPhone and lightning to av adapter to see it on my tv screen instead of the small iPhone screen. Now with peacock it just has audio on the tv , no video. All other apps still work thru phone to tv. Read that the app doesn’t support this connection. Anybody else having this issue ?
Can anyone else confirm/deny the validity of this claim? Due to certain restrictions, there will be times where a direct physical connection from my iphone to...

Due to certain restrictions, there will be times where a direct physical connection from my iphone to a TV will be the only method avaible for me to watch these races via the Peacock app.

Appreciate any input.
I was unable to display the peacock app on my laptop while hooking up my phone. I tried several times. Luckily, you can go on the peacock website and view via the browser.
tprice07
1/19/2021 5:10am
How do I get commercials? I’m tired of sitting in a quiet room between races. Did this all last year and the year before. It’s the worst experience. The whole premium no commercials thing is bogus. It’s like being put in timeout as a kid.
xrmark
1/19/2021 5:44am
How do people have this hard of a time with the app. Download it, Type your shit in, proceed to watch races. Easy as 1,2,3...
DonM
1/19/2021 5:45am
I don’t have the race replay on peacock or nbc sports. Am I alone. I’m super bummed. I was flying that night and I can’t get...
You can also search “qualifying” or “Main” and it will come up searching SX or Supercross won’t work...
1/19/2021 5:52am
Can anyone else confirm/deny the validity of this claim? Due to certain restrictions, there will be times where a direct physical connection from my iphone to...

Appreciate any input.
Can confirm, tried this weekend and does not work with the lightning to av adapter
1/19/2021 6:12am
xrmark wrote:
How do people have this hard of a time with the app. Download it, Type your shit in, proceed to watch races. Easy as 1,2,3...
Seriously. I'm such a procrastinator I bought the roku that day and still had it sitting in the box 15min before the race started. It was easy. And I'm so far from being tech savy
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
1/19/2021 6:19am
tprice07 wrote:
How do I get commercials? I’m tired of sitting in a quiet room between races. Did this all last year and the year before. It’s the...
How do I get commercials? I’m tired of sitting in a quiet room between races. Did this all last year and the year before. It’s the worst experience. The whole premium no commercials thing is bogus. It’s like being put in timeout as a kid.
Yeah, bonus - no commercials. But you are going to sit and listen to dead air....Pretty dumb concept to list this as a bonus
Dimblewambie
1/19/2021 6:36am
tprice07 wrote:
How do I get commercials? I’m tired of sitting in a quiet room between races. Did this all last year and the year before. It’s the...
Daily sarcasm award has to go to tprice, please tell me this is sarcasm.
slipdog
1/19/2021 6:54am
I had the Peacock app on my Vizio tv. Took 5 min to sign up for Premium and worked like a champ. No complaints here...
slipdog
1/19/2021 6:56am
tprice07 wrote:
Daily sarcasm award has to go to tprice, please tell me this is sarcasm.
I spent my commercial downtime talking crap at that Vitalmx place. Problem solved!
MOTORSPORTFOX
1/19/2021 7:10am
For those with Samsung TV's...
I could not figure out a way to stream onto my Samsung TV.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Peacock TV and we greatly appreciate your feedback.

We apologize for any inconvenience, currently we are not supported on Samsung Smart TV or through Apple AirPlay and Mirroring. We are in continued discussions with a variety of platforms, as we're always looking to bring Peacock to the platforms you use. For a list of our currently supported devices, click here: https://bit.ly/peacockdevices. Please let us know if there are any other devices we can assist you with streaming Peacock on.

Should you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

Peacock Customer Care
Bennett59
1/19/2021 7:17am
I have a Samsung i have to use the kids Xbox peacock app is on them.
SCAM124
Fantasy
2180th
1/19/2021 7:49am Edited Date/Time 1/19/2021 7:51am
Data point:

I ended up using an Apple TV device directly to TV which worked ok.
I did try multiple other methods that did not work very well.
Android Phone to Chromecast was very grainy and resolution sucked. Completely unwatchable while bikes were on the track.
Laptop directly to HDMI, oddly also did not work very well. It was ok while the guys were in the booth, but very grainy with bikes on the track.

I'm on Spectrum cable while averaging ~25Mb/s down in the family room.

Even with the Apple TV it seemed like on screen was a little washed out. Maybe it was me, I dunno. It was fine but I definitely never had any of these type issues with the NBC Sports app. Hopefully they work the bugs out of this new app as we go.

EDIT: Seems unreasonable in today's streaming world that there are issues at all. This shiit should have been worked out especially for a pay service (at any price).
1/19/2021 8:23am
I searched “main” alone and it worked. That would not be intuitive to me but thanks all the same.
RGaede
1/19/2021 9:24am
Interesting that some Samsung folks cannot screen mirror. I was able to using the smartthings app, and as long as nothing ends was on the wifi it worked good. To clean it up im going to try screen mirroring via a usbc to hdmi adapter tonight. It worked for a movie last night on peacock.
Ingjr1
1/19/2021 9:39am
Well I signed up for Peacock and it's on my phone and computer. Can't upgrade to Premium. Put in my info and the button your suppose to click to pay is not lit and doesn't work. Same with Chat function. Click on Chat and nothing happens. Nothing. Screw this damn thing, I'll watch on NBCSN.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
1/19/2021 9:52am
Ingjr1 wrote:
Well I signed up for Peacock and it's on my phone and computer. Can't upgrade to Premium. Put in my info and the button your suppose...
Well I signed up for Peacock and it's on my phone and computer. Can't upgrade to Premium. Put in my info and the button your suppose to click to pay is not lit and doesn't work. Same with Chat function. Click on Chat and nothing happens. Nothing. Screw this damn thing, I'll watch on NBCSN.
Just letting you know the race on NBCSN tonight is delayed.

Live is at 8:30pm Eastern.

Delayed broadcast is at 10:30pm Eastern.
race
1/19/2021 11:00am
How does one contact Peacock?

The chat box is nothing more than a bot. I have tried several times and waited until it times out and no one ever came on. All it does is offer you preset FAQs.

And is there a phone number to reach them? Even the Gold Pass had a phone option.

Post a reply to: Peacock TV

The Latest