Peacock TV

TeamGreen
1/16/2021 7:01pm
I had no issues other than laughing my ass off when it was "later" than the NBC Sports feed.
WFO
1/16/2021 8:10pm
I've purchased and logged in. Go to Browse then Sports and then SX and all I can do is add to watch list.
I went riding today so this isn't really that important but doesn't seem as simple as NBC gold.
Maybe this is all going the way of FB twatter etc...

The Shop

Bad Billy
1/17/2021 7:47am
Have Peacock b/c we have Xfinity for cable. Logged on this morning and watched the H1 programming without a hitch. Was able to fast-forward with no issues and the quality was good. No issues here.
LKHill
1/17/2021 8:10am
The big thing missing for me was the ability to drop back in time during the live broadcast.If you start watching late you can't start from the beginning. I like to rewind and watch specific action over again and catch back up to live coverage during the commercials. This seems lost now but was do-able with the gold.
mxbigd17
1/17/2021 9:18am
LKHill wrote:
The big thing missing for me was the ability to drop back in time during the live broadcast.If you start watching late you can't start from...
The big thing missing for me was the ability to drop back in time during the live broadcast.If you start watching late you can't start from the beginning. I like to rewind and watch specific action over again and catch back up to live coverage during the commercials. This seems lost now but was do-able with the gold.
Don’t worry....I’m sure it will be an added feature next year for more money....seems to be the new normal, take away features already there then slowly add them back in BUT for a price.
1/17/2021 9:22am
Buffering was shiet, even with an uber fast internet connection on my laptop. Hopefully its better by Tuesday. .
I’m gonna have to disagree with you. Must have been something on your end, because I had zero buffering on mine.
xrmark
1/17/2021 9:26am
Buffering was shiet, even with an uber fast internet connection on my laptop. Hopefully its better by Tuesday. .
That’s on your internet not peacock.
Bennett59
1/17/2021 10:09am
Worked flawlessly for me, only issue I had was slight blur at speed but that my tv probably, It’s older tv with slow refresh rate I’m sure be better on my nicer Samsung
8tensolutions
1/17/2021 10:24am
I was on hotel wifi and there was no buffering. Operator/equipment issue
8tensolutions
1/17/2021 10:26am
LKHill wrote:
The big thing missing for me was the ability to drop back in time during the live broadcast.If you start watching late you can't start from...
mxbigd17 wrote:
Don’t worry....I’m sure it will be an added feature next year for more money....seems to be the new normal, take away features already there then slowly...
Don’t worry....I’m sure it will be an added feature next year for more money....seems to be the new normal, take away features already there then slowly add them back in BUT for a price.
I believe you can rewind live from the browser, but not the app. And mxbigd17, if you think the $4.99 for what you are receiving is not "fair", you're clearly not an actual fan.
ShawdowGlen
1/17/2021 10:29am
Peacock did a good job IMO. Though, the sound was not in sync with the speaking. I noticed this on both TV and PC. I did not watch the race live...but watched some of the qualifying live...same sync issue.

Diffey was solid....but the show was a little less "exciting" without Ralph.

Great to hear the fans in the stands.....racing isn't the same without us.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
1/17/2021 10:31am
Mine worked perfect and I didnt even need my kids to help me set it up so that means it was very simple and had zero playback issues and perfect picture and all that for only $4.99 a month, we live in great times. Cool
Layton
1/17/2021 10:37am
Peacock sure dropped the replay of the qualifying show quick. Or I just can’t find it.
mxbigd17
1/17/2021 12:04pm
LKHill wrote:
mxbigd17 wrote:
Don’t worry....I’m sure it will be an added feature next year for more money....seems to be the new normal, take away features already there then slowly...
I believe you can rewind live from the browser, but not the app. And mxbigd17, if you think the $4.99 for what you are receiving is...
I believe you can rewind live from the browser, but not the app. And mxbigd17, if you think the $4.99 for what you are receiving is not "fair", you're clearly not an actual fan.
Yes got me there, I guess 1989 to the present doesn’t qualify as an actual fan. Some people just settle for crap..enjoy paying whatever it is for the shit you are receiving.
LKHill
1/17/2021 12:10pm
I believe you can rewind live from the browser, but not the app. And mxbigd17, if you think the $4.99 for what you are receiving is...
Negative!
SCC
1/17/2021 12:13pm
I would glady pay $20/mo for a 4k stream instead of the 480p Peacock offers for $5. I have 1g fiber internet and uhd tv.
LKHill
1/17/2021 12:13pm
mxbigd17 wrote:
Yes got me there, I guess 1989 to the present doesn’t qualify as an actual fan. Some people just settle for crap..enjoy paying whatever it is...
Yes got me there, I guess 1989 to the present doesn’t qualify as an actual fan. Some people just settle for crap..enjoy paying whatever it is for the shit you are receiving.
Knob gobblers.
8tensolutions
1/17/2021 12:16pm Edited Date/Time 1/17/2021 12:17pm
mxbigd17 wrote:
mxbigd17 wrote:
Yes got me there, I guess 1989 to the present doesn’t qualify as an actual fan. Some people just settle for crap..enjoy paying whatever it is...
No problem. I will keep watching the races live with no commercials and a near perfect stream.....with everything archived in a very short time if I am not sitting at home waiting for the race. Not to mention the massive amount of other content on Peacock.

You keep the NBCSN that you pay for anyway and enjoy 6+ of the races tape delayed with commercials.
bents
Fantasy
909th
1/17/2021 12:38pm
Peacock worked just as well for me as NBC Gold. No complaints here.
greenmx5
1/17/2021 6:11pm Edited Date/Time 1/17/2021 6:15pm
LKHill wrote:
mxbigd17 wrote:
It's really not a matter of it only being 4.99 a month and going backwards with technology. I've been able to rewind live tv since TiVo 15 years ago. It's also a matter of it shouldnt be this difficult to watch races with the advancement in technology since then. Having a topic full of "what's your internet speed?" "What equipment you running?" "Try it in the browser" "restart your router" "try a speed test" "works better in my xbox than it does my tv app" shows exactly what's wrong.

You buy a product expecting it to work regardless of your equipment. If you have a roku and someone says "try from your laptop", well then why the hell is the app on the Roku in the first place if it doesn't work? If that product is 1.99 or 79.99, nobody buys something with the expectation that it might not work.

It's 2021, and people are encouraged to cut the cord. But the cutting the cord seems to be getting messier than just keeping basic cable. It started off simple with no added fees and bs. Now you if you follow more than 4 or 5 different shows, it could be 3 or 4 monthly subscriptions across 4 different apps.
8tensolutions
1/17/2021 7:54pm
mxbigd17 wrote:
greenmx5 wrote:
It's really not a matter of it only being 4.99 a month and going backwards with technology. I've been able to rewind live tv since TiVo...
It's really not a matter of it only being 4.99 a month and going backwards with technology. I've been able to rewind live tv since TiVo 15 years ago. It's also a matter of it shouldnt be this difficult to watch races with the advancement in technology since then. Having a topic full of "what's your internet speed?" "What equipment you running?" "Try it in the browser" "restart your router" "try a speed test" "works better in my xbox than it does my tv app" shows exactly what's wrong.

You buy a product expecting it to work regardless of your equipment. If you have a roku and someone says "try from your laptop", well then why the hell is the app on the Roku in the first place if it doesn't work? If that product is 1.99 or 79.99, nobody buys something with the expectation that it might not work.

It's 2021, and people are encouraged to cut the cord. But the cutting the cord seems to be getting messier than just keeping basic cable. It started off simple with no added fees and bs. Now you if you follow more than 4 or 5 different shows, it could be 3 or 4 monthly subscriptions across 4 different apps.
It's not messy at all. Streaming services are not new and people not understanding equipment was the same from bunny ear antennas to now internet understanding. People just sign up for internet and expect it to work all the time no matter what they are using it for and then complain its too expensive etc etc. Just like driving a car, you need to understand what you bought or pay someone who does. Nobody is "encouraging" you to cut the cord per se. Do what you want and if paying for cable works for you, do that. If you don't like an app, don't use it. Regarding your internet, there is a massive difference from provider to provider and the equipment you use. Just like Barcia's bike is very different than the Gas Gas you can buy off the floor. You get what you pay for and/or know how to use.

DonM
1/17/2021 8:07pm
greenmx5 wrote:
It's really not a matter of it only being 4.99 a month and going backwards with technology. I've been able to rewind live tv since TiVo...

It's not messy at all. Streaming services are not new and people not understanding equipment was the same from bunny ear antennas to now internet understanding...
It's not messy at all. Streaming services are not new and people not understanding equipment was the same from bunny ear antennas to now internet understanding. People just sign up for internet and expect it to work all the time no matter what they are using it for and then complain its too expensive etc etc. Just like driving a car, you need to understand what you bought or pay someone who does. Nobody is "encouraging" you to cut the cord per se. Do what you want and if paying for cable works for you, do that. If you don't like an app, don't use it. Regarding your internet, there is a massive difference from provider to provider and the equipment you use. Just like Barcia's bike is very different than the Gas Gas you can buy off the floor. You get what you pay for and/or know how to use.

Exactly...people don’t understand that the service providers supplied modem/router in many cases can’t handle all the phones, tablets, computers, tv’s and hubs for your cameras, lights, doorbells etc...spend the money on a good modem and router that is designed and capable of handling multiple connections all at once and you will be amazed at the increased performance.
tek14
1/18/2021 4:30am
SCC wrote:
I would glady pay $20/mo for a 4k stream instead of the 480p Peacock offers for $5. I have 1g fiber internet and uhd tv.
International streaming is 120 dollars and has 1080p but encoding and packing is so low that you can only watch when they are showing still images. While bikes start moving its just totally blurrrr....
wtnotch
1/18/2021 5:48am
JM485 wrote:
I have to say I’m a little bit nervous about the Peacock deal. I’ve been using it for the last week or so as a test...
I have to say I’m a little bit nervous about the Peacock deal. I’ve been using it for the last week or so as a test to watch a few other shows and I’ve been having a lot of issues, most just with laggy streaming and trouble logging in after creating an account. I highly recommend not waiting until the night of to create your account, do it early and get any potential problems out of the way first.
FWIW, I tried to create an account, set it up to collect my 9.99, yada yada yada. Tried 5 times and all failed for one reason or another. All after entering my CC number. CC IS good. Tried again 2x an hour later and got the same results. I guess they def are having issues. Regardless, I watched and enjoyed the show. Diffy was great. I’ll try again this week.
STLSharky
1/18/2021 6:17am
SCC wrote:
cameras sucked ass, blurry as hell
8500rpm
1/18/2021 6:56am
SCC wrote:
STLSharky wrote:
cameras sucked ass, blurry as hell
Makes me wonder, is PeacockTV and Supercross Live (for outside US) the same feed? Seems the complaints are the same.

https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Supercross-live-picture-…

jonesaustin
1/18/2021 7:05am
I haven’t seen the app available on my TV, does anyone know if it’s only downloadable via devices and computer?
jgmxdad251
1/18/2021 7:15am
Can’t get it through an app on your TV. I use my laptop and plug into one of the HDMI plugs. You can also use a fire stick, it’s been discussed in this thread on how to do it.

Post a reply to: Peacock TV

The Latest