Peacock TV

G-man
1/15/2021 10:29pm Edited Date/Time 1/16/2021 12:35am
yak651 wrote:
If you are using a fire stick I don't recommend waiting until the last minute to set this up. It wasn't terrible but it took about...
If you are using a fire stick I don't recommend waiting until the last minute to set this up. It wasn't terrible but it took about 2 hours for me as the first video I watched on youtube to do it the link to download the app didn't work and then the second one the link they used was before an update so that didn't work. They had a second video with the correct link after Peacock did an update. Looks like it's working now, waiting until Saturday to set up the free 7 day trial to get Premium, maybe I'll do that Friday just in case.
Wow You were not kidding what a pain in the ass trying to get the update it would not work on my Firestick.

had to uninstall then go a different route this is what I am seeing now but I don't see anywhere where it says trial run for free or where I need to pay?

Am I good to go?

Edit, I did see a watch Premium for 4.99.
Watching 2020 series right now.
Have not paid yet.

I am no way a computer geek! Angry
Laughing

DPR250R
1/15/2021 11:20pm
DonM wrote:
Why don’t you just download the Peacock app on your AppleTV?
I have the older version of Apple TV where you cannot choose the apps... Apple pushes them down to you.

This normally isn’t an issue cause you can just cast/mirror but for some reason this method isn't working with Peacock??
plowboy
1/16/2021 3:40am
I had finally learned how to use Gold without coming on here crying for help every weekend so I was very trepidacious about getting Peacock to work without a hassle. Knock on wood...it was painless. Hopefully I'm not speaking too soon..as I haven't actually seen a race yet. I bought the 4.99 package.

I have to admit...I'm getting pretty excited for this season to get started. I need the distraction from all the insanity we're going through.
x3no22
1/16/2021 4:11am
Is there no way to change the quality?

The Shop

Ingjr1
1/16/2021 4:23am
G-man wrote:
Thanks That guy is really good and explains it in a understanding manner for old guys like me (63). Who pays that guy anyway--he deserves a...
Thanks
That guy is really good and explains it in a understanding manner for old guys like me (63).

Who pays that guy anyway--he deserves a raise! Cheerful
Well, I'm 63 also, plus a computer moron. I worked for about 2hrs. trying everything I knew how to get Peacock on my fire stick. Screw this crap, I'll watch the main race on ABC and try to be happy about it. Way too many apps, downloads, etc. for a guy that knows little about computers to try to master. Read early in the post about the guy that took 2hrs. to figure it out. I've watched the videos, joined several apps, downloaded I don't know what and the SOB still won't work. I know I'm the problem but working 2hrs. on the solution didn't help a bit for me. Again, I know it's me so down vote all you want, I can't figure it out. My Dad is 87 and doesn't even own a computer or smart phone, don't they want subscribers and viewers like my Pa who has been in MX since 1972 to enjoy a race? I can drive to Daytona faster than I can watch SX on my TV. Rant over. Again, I know I'm the problem.
ktmwoods
1/16/2021 4:44am
Just signed up via peacock premium app/apple for the FREE 7 day trial. If it sucks, won’t renew. Simple.
plowboy
1/16/2021 4:44am
Ingjr1 wrote:
Well, I'm 63 also, plus a computer moron. I worked for about 2hrs. trying everything I knew how to get Peacock on my fire stick. Screw...
Well, I'm 63 also, plus a computer moron. I worked for about 2hrs. trying everything I knew how to get Peacock on my fire stick. Screw this crap, I'll watch the main race on ABC and try to be happy about it. Way too many apps, downloads, etc. for a guy that knows little about computers to try to master. Read early in the post about the guy that took 2hrs. to figure it out. I've watched the videos, joined several apps, downloaded I don't know what and the SOB still won't work. I know I'm the problem but working 2hrs. on the solution didn't help a bit for me. Again, I know it's me so down vote all you want, I can't figure it out. My Dad is 87 and doesn't even own a computer or smart phone, don't they want subscribers and viewers like my Pa who has been in MX since 1972 to enjoy a race? I can drive to Daytona faster than I can watch SX on my TV. Rant over. Again, I know I'm the problem.
I'm right there with ya bud. I know this sounds stupid but I'd go buy a cheap ass Roku tv and watch the races. It shouldn't be this way but it is.
Hrzk75
Fantasy
2095th
1/16/2021 4:55am
anyone outside of USA got peacock to work with a VPN or something? need an american card to buy sub..does paypal work?
Ingjr1
1/16/2021 5:05am
plowboy wrote:
I'm right there with ya bud. I know this sounds stupid but I'd go buy a cheap ass Roku tv and watch the races. It shouldn't...
I'm right there with ya bud. I know this sounds stupid but I'd go buy a cheap ass Roku tv and watch the races. It shouldn't be this way but it is.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but my wife bought a Roku tv about 4 months ago and it's been in the repair shop for about 2 weeks already. Wal-Mart would rather repair a $125 tv than just give her a new one.

On a side note, I tried the whole set-up for firestick this morning using the last help post on here instead of the videos that were posted. Hurray, it actually works. Peacock TV on my firestick. Who would have thought.
tek14
1/16/2021 5:28am
Hrzk75 wrote:
anyone outside of USA got peacock to work with a VPN or something? need an american card to buy sub..does paypal work?
Seems they have been blocking every VPN provider they can find. There been many trying but seems not many working or they get blocked just after short time. My payment didnt go through even using US address on Paypal. I guess they do everything to block other than US people using it.
Seems only option is pay 120 dollars for supercrosstv or wait until sunday and watch it for free.
plowboy
1/16/2021 5:58am
Ingjr1 wrote:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but my wife bought a Roku tv about 4 months ago and it's been in the repair...
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but my wife bought a Roku tv about 4 months ago and it's been in the repair shop for about 2 weeks already. Wal-Mart would rather repair a $125 tv than just give her a new one.

On a side note, I tried the whole set-up for firestick this morning using the last help post on here instead of the videos that were posted. Hurray, it actually works. Peacock TV on my firestick. Who would have thought.
Yeah, buying anything these days seems to be a mine field. Sometimes ya get lucky sometimes ya don't. Glad you were able to get your set-up working.

If I take my rose colored glasses off...I remember back in the day they used to have those huge "pop-up" warehouse/parking lot sales. They'd advertise on every channel and station. You'd buy a ridiculously low priced stereo, microwave, gadget.....get home, unbox it, plug it in only to discover it had zero guts in it. Just a empty case. Funny not funny.
cason402
1/16/2021 6:08am
i apologize if i missed it when skimming through this string,

will peacock archive the races, like sports gold, and allow us to watch races at a different time?
Timo
1/16/2021 6:18am
I did the annual subscription, it was $49.99, basically a 2 month discount. When you go to sign up, at the bottom there is a link for annual subscription plans.
Timo
1/16/2021 6:19am
cason402 wrote:
i apologize if i missed it when skimming through this string, will peacock archive the races, like sports gold, and allow us to watch races at...
i apologize if i missed it when skimming through this string,

will peacock archive the races, like sports gold, and allow us to watch races at a different time?
Yes
SEE ARE125
1/16/2021 6:30am Edited Date/Time 1/16/2021 6:40am
DonM wrote:
DPR250R wrote:
I have the older version of Apple TV where you cannot choose the apps... Apple pushes them down to you. This normally isn’t an issue cause...
I have the older version of Apple TV where you cannot choose the apps... Apple pushes them down to you.

This normally isn’t an issue cause you can just cast/mirror but for some reason this method isn't working with Peacock??
There are two ways to play from your iPhone to your Apple TV. One is AirPlay, which is usually an option in whatever app you’re using. The other way is Screen Mirroring, which mirrors your entire iPhone screen on the Apple TV, and this should work for everything. If you have a newer iPhone, swipe down at an angle from the top right corner to bring up the control panel. You should see “Screen Mirroring” in there. Hope this works for you.

EDIT: You’ll also need to make sure your phone stays in landscape mode.
davis224
Fantasy
165th
1/16/2021 6:53am
Anyone else with Xfinity having trouble getting their accounts linked up? I'm stuck in a loop of verifying my account over and over, it keeps wanting me to pay for the account. Do I not have the right Xfinity plan? I've just got internet, no special streaming/TV package.
SEE ARE125
1/16/2021 6:59am
davis224 wrote:
Anyone else with Xfinity having trouble getting their accounts linked up? I'm stuck in a loop of verifying my account over and over, it keeps wanting...
Anyone else with Xfinity having trouble getting their accounts linked up? I'm stuck in a loop of verifying my account over and over, it keeps wanting me to pay for the account. Do I not have the right Xfinity plan? I've just got internet, no special streaming/TV package.
I think you need an Xfinity plan that includes some sort of tv. I’ve got internet only too and it didn’t work for me either.
WRH
1/16/2021 7:11am
No luck either with a fire stick, makes my head hurt.
Ted722
1/16/2021 7:14am
davis224 wrote:
Anyone else with Xfinity having trouble getting their accounts linked up? I'm stuck in a loop of verifying my account over and over, it keeps wanting...
SEE ARE125 wrote:
I think you need an Xfinity plan that includes some sort of tv. I’ve got internet only too and it didn’t work for me either.
x2
benstone
1/16/2021 7:27am
davis224 wrote:
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Same with me - got excited when I saw that Peacock was free for Xfinity subscribers but eventually figured out that we only have Xfinity for Internet and that doesn't get us Peacock.
JohnMatrix
1/16/2021 7:51am
DonM wrote:
DPR250R wrote:
I have the older version of Apple TV where you cannot choose the apps... Apple pushes them down to you. This normally isn’t an issue cause...

SEE ARE125 wrote:
There are two ways to play from your iPhone to your Apple TV. One is AirPlay, which is usually an option in whatever app you’re using...
There are two ways to play from your iPhone to your Apple TV. One is AirPlay, which is usually an option in whatever app you’re using. The other way is Screen Mirroring, which mirrors your entire iPhone screen on the Apple TV, and this should work for everything. If you have a newer iPhone, swipe down at an angle from the top right corner to bring up the control panel. You should see “Screen Mirroring” in there. Hope this works for you.

Seems like the peacock app blocks video from playing through screen mirroring. Airplay doesn’t work either.
DPR250R
1/16/2021 8:22am
SEE ARE125 wrote:
There are two ways to play from your iPhone to your Apple TV. One is AirPlay, which is usually an option in whatever app you’re using...

Yup you are correct... I didn’t see the icon and when mirroring the picture would not work.

Now... I had two little ones running all over so I was limited in time so I might have missed something. But if it really doesn't work... wanted to share the heads up.
SEE ARE125
1/16/2021 8:28am
SEE ARE125 wrote:

DPR250R wrote:
Yup you are correct... I didn’t see the icon and when mirroring the picture would not work. Now... I had two little ones running all over...
Yup you are correct... I didn’t see the icon and when mirroring the picture would not work.

Now... I had two little ones running all over so I was limited in time so I might have missed something. But if it really doesn't work... wanted to share the heads up.
The guy above you tried it too and also said it wouldn’t work. That’s a bummer.
Ingjr1
1/16/2021 8:29am
Well, I guess I don't have Peacock. Went to watch it and have a black screen when I click on the app. I guess they really don't want people to watch.
mooch
Fantasy
501st
1/16/2021 8:30am
If you're gonna load anything on your firetv or stick...highly recommend watching this vid and loading the Aptoide app. Once Aptoide is loaded its super easy to download and update other apps.

[url=https://youtu.be/sk88jDm3ELI[/url]
mx_phreek
Fantasy
230th
1/16/2021 8:40am
Hrzk75 wrote:
I've got it working but I had to get a friend in US to set the payment up and pay for it using my login I made. Its keen on blocking vpn connections. Some will work and next time that one will be blocked so just have to keep trying different servers to find one that works. We can't dl the app out of country so you'll need to watch in desktop mode thru website. It won't work thru ipad in browser so you'll need watch on a pc with chrome or a android device with Chrome installed. It's a big hassle compared to last year, much harder for us to get working. I know it's 130 bucks for international pass, the issue most of us have is its $25 for you guys for sx season and 130 for us. If it was 130 for everyone we'd not have a problem and just pay it.
Jarrod458
1/16/2021 8:53am
mooch wrote:
If you're gonna load anything on your firetv or stick...highly recommend watching this vid and loading the Aptoide app. Once Aptoide is loaded its super easy...
If you're gonna load anything on your firetv or stick...highly recommend watching this vid and loading the Aptoide app. Once Aptoide is loaded its super easy to download and update other apps.

[url=https://youtu.be/sk88jDm3ELI[/url]
Downloaded it and peacock is the only thing that won’t play videos on my firestick
ti473
1/16/2021 8:53am
I'm on android app here and so far I can only comment on their search function, which kinda sucks. Searching for "supercross" only gets you to the archived 2020 season. You have to actually search for "qualifying" since they didn't include the word supercross in the title.

ti473
1/16/2021 9:00am
Had to search for "round 1" to find the main... WTF. I know I know, you can get there pretty easily by browsing, but I'm a searcher not a browser.

Post a reply to: Peacock TV

The Latest