Peacock TV

mxbigd17
1/19/2021 11:06am
Can’t wait for a washed out grainy image tonight on Peacock tv, gotta get the Advil ready...
DonM
1/19/2021 11:14am
race wrote:
How does one contact Peacock? The chat box is nothing more than a bot. I have tried several times and waited until it times out and...
How does one contact Peacock?

The chat box is nothing more than a bot. I have tried several times and waited until it times out and no one ever came on. All it does is offer you preset FAQs.

And is there a phone number to reach them? Even the Gold Pass had a phone option.

What is your issue? The answer is probably in this thread.
Titanium
1/19/2021 11:28am
Hey Mav, Do you know if you are able to pause or rewind on Peacock while watching the livestream?
DonM
1/19/2021 11:30am
Titanium wrote:
Hey Mav, Do you know if you are able to pause or rewind on Peacock while watching the livestream?
No you can’t.

The Shop

1/19/2021 11:33am
Titanium wrote:
DonM wrote:
No you can’t.
So I’m guessing you can’t turn the race on half way through and start from the beginning? Going to be a late night for me. Laughing
Titanium
1/19/2021 11:39am
Titanium wrote:
DonM wrote:
No you can’t.
So I’m guessing you can’t turn the race on half way through and start from the beginning? Going to be a late night for me. Laughing
Sounds like it. The Gold App allowed you to. Smile
Jeff alessi
1/19/2021 12:01pm
Do these camera guys get paid to be awful at there job? Follow a guy around who just did a fast lap and is now rolling around, only to switch to another guy rolling around right as they start a fast lap! I mean come on man, you could be new to supercross and know we don’t want to watch someone rolling around and yet they only do that. What is wrong with the guys behind the camera! It’s so frustrating. Especially when we have watched a guy roll around an entire lap and then start there fast lap and the camera pans to another guy rolling around.
LungButter
1/19/2021 12:02pm
Do these camera guys get paid to be awful at there job? Follow a guy around who just did a fast lap and is now rolling...
Do these camera guys get paid to be awful at there job? Follow a guy around who just did a fast lap and is now rolling around, only to switch to another guy rolling around right as they start a fast lap! I mean come on man, you could be new to supercross and know we don’t want to watch someone rolling around and yet they only do that. What is wrong with the guys behind the camera! It’s so frustrating. Especially when we have watched a guy roll around an entire lap and then start there fast lap and the camera pans to another guy rolling around.
Welcome to the practice coverage bro, I quit watching it years ago to avoid the frustration.

It's like they literally have a goal of filming people roll the track.
Moto Nomad
1/19/2021 12:06pm
I tried accessing my Peacock account on a different device, and it said "content not available." I guess you can only watch on one device? Not so great.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
1/19/2021 12:07pm
Do these camera guys get paid to be awful at there job? Follow a guy around who just did a fast lap and is now rolling...
That's the director's fault, not the camera guy.

Been that way for years. It sucks!
ShawdowGlen
1/19/2021 12:15pm
Titanium wrote:
Wait until the live broadcast is done. Wink Sucks that we can't rewind during live like you could on Gold.
skidsteer16
1/19/2021 12:16pm
The user interface sucks. Both on the app and the webstream.

The fact that we can't pause or rewind the livestream us utter crap. It's 2021!

As many have mentioned if you don't watch it live during the broadcast you have to wait until the end 3 and half hours later to view it.

This sucks and is going to dictate how I spend my Saturdays whereas we used to have flexibility.

Also no airplay from the app to a casting device or tv really sucks.

I like to ride the cycling training on the zwift app on my apple tv and airplay the practice feed from my iphone to TV... That is no longer an option.

DonM
1/19/2021 12:21pm
Moto Nomad wrote:
I tried accessing my Peacock account on a different device, and it said "content not available." I guess you can only watch on one device? Not...
I tried accessing my Peacock account on a different device, and it said "content not available." I guess you can only watch on one device? Not so great.
I’ve watched on multiple devices with no issues
bigk218
Fantasy
3159th
1/19/2021 12:27pm
It seems like they are having issues with the cameras. It is almost like their camera stabilization isn’t working.
8tensolutions
1/19/2021 12:27pm
The user interface sucks. Both on the app and the webstream. The fact that we can't pause or rewind the livestream us utter crap. It's 2021...

As many have mentioned if you don't watch it live during the broadcast you have to wait until the end 3 and half hours later to view it.

This sucks and is going to dictate how I spend my Saturdays whereas we used to have flexibility.

I like to ride the cycling training on the zwift app on my apple tv and airplay the practice feed from my iphone to TV... That is no longer an option.

So use your phone for Zwift and the Peacock app on your Apple TV. Done.
m121c
1/19/2021 12:37pm
bigk218 wrote:
It seems like they are having issues with the cameras. It is almost like their camera stabilization isn’t working.
Came here to say this. I'm about 90% sure this has to be a poorly programmed/engineered automated camera system. With the constant zoom adjustment and sharp jolts to keep the rider in the center it seems it's a computer that is operating with one goal: keep the rider as big and centered in the frame as possible.

At least that is what I hope it is.. if that is human operated they need new operators because this is almost inducing motion sickness. They are so zoomed in, everything is a blur around the rider. I mean there are following the rider up and down as they jump... come on.
skidsteer16
1/19/2021 12:38pm
The user interface sucks. Both on the app and the webstream. The fact that we can't pause or rewind the livestream us utter crap. It's 2021...

So use your phone for Zwift and the Peacock app on your Apple TV. Done.
Yes, I know that's an option and what I'll do next weekend.

It's just frustrating to have functionality taken away.

Now I have to start working out or watching when RDL starts or wait until it's over. That blows... there's no two ways about it.

Hope they change it.
ShawdowGlen
1/19/2021 2:52pm
Ok....one complaint about Peacock (Web version)....every time I open up to watch, sub-titles are on by default. I have to turn them off every damn time. There is no setting to turn them off by default. WTF....
1/19/2021 4:12pm
Titanium wrote:
DonM wrote:
No you can’t.
So is this even the case on the Peacock Premium? I only have the $4.99 basic one and it won’t rewind or pause the live stream.
DonM
1/19/2021 4:36pm
DonM wrote:
No you can’t.
So is this even the case on the Peacock Premium? I only have the $4.99 basic one and it won’t rewind or pause the live stream.
The $4.99 is the premium and it is the case regardless whether its Premium or Premium Plus.
markit
1/19/2021 4:52pm
mxbigd17 wrote:
Can’t wait for a washed out grainy image tonight on Peacock tv, gotta get the Advil ready...
The live feed has been good for me, HP cheep but the replay of race one licks balls big time!!! tried to FF and it locks up every time.
Jmicmoto13
1/19/2021 5:02pm
Just got on with Peacock and the app is less than intuitive or easy to use. Sheesh. Ready for the app to be available on Samsung TV. Ready to watch some racing.
TXDirt
1/19/2021 5:07pm Edited Date/Time 1/19/2021 5:08pm
When does the “coverage to begin shortly..” message go away ?

Says coverage began 20 minutes ago.

Is this part of the delay being imposed or what?
DonM
1/19/2021 5:09pm
TXDirt wrote:
When does the “coverage to begin shortly..” message go away ? Says coverage began 20 minutes ago. Is this part of the delay being imposed or...
When does the “coverage to begin shortly..” message go away ?

Says coverage began 20 minutes ago.

Is this part of the delay being imposed or what?
Not sure why it’s doing that but coverage starts 8:30 eastern...
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
1/19/2021 5:17pm
coverage to begin shortly? what gives??

Peacock app on roku in so cal fyi
Just over 10 minutes before it starts.
smoothies862
Fantasy
787th
1/19/2021 5:17pm
On board with these things stink—- no start the race after it has begun dvr style— practice cameras, sometimes they are too close in the race too— i cant hear the bikes, on gold i could? Not sure its true high def lol
1/19/2021 5:21pm

-MAVERICK- wrote:
thats not what it said in the main menu, but, ill wait.
SEE ARE125
1/19/2021 5:30pm

-MAVERICK- wrote:
thats not what it said in the main menu, but, ill wait.
The channel usually opens up like an hour before the program actually starts.

Post a reply to: Peacock TV

The Latest