Payton suggests Glen Helen

kx1984
Edited Date/Time 8/26/2013 10:31pm
|
Outsider
8/25/2013 10:29am
Well, now that Mitch says it, maybe cheerleaders like Regis will STFU.. Smile

No hate on MXsports or DC, but comon already!
newmann
8/25/2013 10:31am
They didn't listen to Mitch when he said a double displacement 4 stroke in the 125cc class was not a good thing, what makes anyone think "they" will listen this time? Mitch saying Davey and Bud need to bring some sense to the table has to sting a little, but he nailed it 100% in regards to Glen Helen being THE track in Southern California.

And if I heard that correctly, Mitch just kind of called the last two tracks shitholes. Who's going to be the first Vitard to flame on his ass???
Shawn142
8/25/2013 10:35am
I'm more interested in what Mitch says about his crew come next year. Dean 250 full time, some guys may get cut for outdoors if they don't perform.
Hut
8/25/2013 10:47am
Mitch knows!

Still laughing at whipmeister's masterpiece here too Cool

The Shop

lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
8/25/2013 10:52am
DC and his grudge with Bud is getting old. Maybe when people stop going to some of the races like Pala and Lake Elsinore and it hits DC in the pocket book maybe he will be more willing to bury the hatchet and swallow some pride.
RACERX69
8/25/2013 11:05am
This is great news. Hope DC and Bud finally kiss and make up.

I would love to start going back to a So Cal National. I haven't been since DC pulled the plug on Glen Helen. Just no desire to attend what MX Sports has had to offer with Pala and especially Elsinore.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
8/25/2013 11:07am
lostboy819 wrote:
DC and his grudge with Bud is getting old. Maybe when people stop going to some of the races like Pala and Lake Elsinore and it...
DC and his grudge with Bud is getting old. Maybe when people stop going to some of the races like Pala and Lake Elsinore and it hits DC in the pocket book maybe he will be more willing to bury the hatchet and swallow some pride.
I don't think it's a grudge but is just business. Business doesn't have an emotional side to it sometimes like we as fans have.

I hope that the industry can help lobby and a lot of positive energy can put this round back in there.

Regis
Fantasy
292nd
8/25/2013 11:15am
Outsider wrote:

Cheerleader? Lol

Bring on GH! Would be great. That way we don't have to see you and Ray Finkle whine and complain all the time.

But seriously, I don't care if its on the schedule or not. Either way, I'm still a fan of the series and where it's heading. I personally didn't like racing the track but that's just an opinion from racing it.
DocMarten
8/25/2013 11:20am
lostboy819 wrote:
DC and his grudge with Bud is getting old. Maybe when people stop going to some of the races like Pala and Lake Elsinore and it...
x2, we need to stand up against thugs like MX sports and vote with our pocket books

DONT GO TO NEW VENUES THAT ARE SHI HOLES..LIKE ELSINORE AND MILLER MOTORSPORTS PARK
Regis
Fantasy
292nd
8/25/2013 11:25am
lostboy819 wrote:
DocMarten wrote:
x2, we need to stand up against thugs like MX sports and vote with our pocket books DONT GO TO NEW VENUES THAT ARE SHI HOLES..LIKE...
x2, we need to stand up against thugs like MX sports and vote with our pocket books

DONT GO TO NEW VENUES THAT ARE SHI HOLES..LIKE ELSINORE AND MILLER MOTORSPORTS PARK
"Thugs like Mx sports"

You guys crack me up.
bd
8/25/2013 11:30am
A pissed off Payton is bad news for the competition. I assume Baggett, Wilson, AC292 will be on it next year.

Thank you Payton on speaking your truth on the last two Nationals. Bring on Glen Helen
TeamGreen
8/25/2013 11:33am
You guys, as usual, throw the wrong people under the bus and you're seriously clue-less; but, you'll understand this all soon enough.
bd
8/25/2013 11:34am
Outsider wrote:

Regis wrote:
Cheerleader? Lol Bring on GH! Would be great. That way we don't have to see you and Ray Finkle whine and complain all the time. But...
Cheerleader? Lol

Bring on GH! Would be great. That way we don't have to see you and Ray Finkle whine and complain all the time.

But seriously, I don't care if its on the schedule or not. Either way, I'm still a fan of the series and where it's heading. I personally didn't like racing the track but that's just an opinion from racing it.
"But seriously, I don't care if its on the schedule or not. Either way, I'm still a fan of the series and where it's heading. I personally didn't like racing the track but that's just an opinion from racing it."

I do care. I feel the best and most challenging track in Southern CA should be on the schedule. The quality of tracks is very important to the overall product.
Regis
Fantasy
292nd
8/25/2013 11:36am
Outsider wrote:

Regis wrote:
Cheerleader? Lol Bring on GH! Would be great. That way we don't have to see you and Ray Finkle whine and complain all the time. But...
Cheerleader? Lol

bd wrote:
"But seriously, I don't care if its on the schedule or not. Either way, I'm still a fan of the series and where it's heading. I...
"But seriously, I don't care if its on the schedule or not. Either way, I'm still a fan of the series and where it's heading. I personally didn't like racing the track but that's just an opinion from racing it."

I do care. I feel the best and most challenging track in Southern CA should be on the schedule. The quality of tracks is very important to the overall product.
Who are you to say its the best and most challenging?

That is your opinion. Others share that same opinion and there are others that don't. Namely, A LOT OF THE RIDERS.
Regis
Fantasy
292nd
8/25/2013 11:43am
If its on the schedule. That is great! The fifteen of you on this site that have been freaking out will calm down. Maybe we can get you, Outsider and Ray Finkle to announce together.

I will still be a fan, will be happy with the TV package, watching from my mobile app or at home on live TV and hoping the series will come down to a final Moto showdown.
Outsider
8/25/2013 11:48am
Regis wrote:
If its on the schedule. That is great! The fifteen of you on this site that have been freaking out will calm down. Maybe we can...
If its on the schedule. That is great! The fifteen of you on this site that have been freaking out will calm down. Maybe we can get you, Outsider and Ray Finkle to announce together.

I will still be a fan, will be happy with the TV package, watching from my mobile app or at home on live TV and hoping the series will come down to a final Moto showdown.
What's funny to me is the argument that "the riders" didn't like GH, and yet "the riders" seemed to hate MMP and Elsinore.
Regis
Fantasy
292nd
8/25/2013 11:54am Edited Date/Time 8/25/2013 12:04pm
Regis wrote:
If its on the schedule. That is great! The fifteen of you on this site that have been freaking out will calm down. Maybe we can...

Outsider wrote:
What's funny to me is the argument that "the riders" didn't like GH, and yet "the riders" seemed to hate MMP and Elsinore.
I agree the riders don't all HAVE to agree what's great and what isn't. What's funny to me is your statement that GH is the best and most challenging as if it is fact. Everyone has an opinion.

Again, I have never said I would be pissed if this race is back. If it can be, great! That is awesome. It doesn't matter what I think. I will be a fan regardless. If we get a chance to vote if GH is back... I'll be sure to vote yes. But if it can't because of contractual reasons, or business decisions.... So be it. The sport isn't going o live or die based on GH being on the schedule. It will be more convenient for a bunch of the local core fans but in the big picture? Not so much.
FlaNard
8/25/2013 11:54am
Outsider wrote:

Regis wrote:
Cheerleader? Lol

You are THE cheerleader on here. Don't act like you aren't keenly aware of the fact. People can't even sneeze in DC or MX Sports direction without your Regis senses tingling. There is a set of about five of you who come into every thread and get all rah rah. What's the point of being industry if not to try and drown out the voices of the vocal fans?
FlaNard
8/25/2013 11:55am
TeamGreen wrote:
You guys, as usual, throw the wrong people under the bus and you're seriously clue-less; but, you'll understand this all soon enough.
There's number two. I'm getting excited to count to five.
newmann
8/25/2013 11:55am
TeamGreen wrote:

Smile
Outsider
8/25/2013 11:58am
Regis wrote:

Outsider wrote:
Regis wrote:
I agree the riders don't all HAVE to agree what's great and what isn't. What's funny to me is your statement that GH is the best...
I agree the riders don't all HAVE to agree what's great and what isn't. What's funny to me is your statement that GH is the best and most challenging as if it is fact. Everyone has an opinion.

Again, I have never said I would be pissed if this race is back. If it can be, great! That is awesome. It doesn't matter what I think. I will be a fan regardless. If we get a chance to vote if GH is back... I'll be sure to vote yes. But if it can't because of contractual reasons, or business decisions.... So be it. The sport isn't going o live or die based on GH being on the schedule. It will be more convenient for a bunch of the local core fans but in the big picture? Not so much.
What's funny to me is your statement that GH is the best and most challenging as if it is fact.

When did I say that?

Glen Helen is the best track in Socal for a fan to watch a National Motocross... "IMO" Smile
WeiserGuy
8/25/2013 12:02pm
Hopefully it carries some weight but not likely. Payton said he made attempts to mediate the last time the two sides talked
. Can't both sides reach some common ground and swallow some pride? On the profit side of operations I'd assume attendance would be through the roof since its been off the schedule for a couple years.
Regis
Fantasy
292nd
8/25/2013 12:10pm Edited Date/Time 8/25/2013 12:14pm
I guess I am a cheerleader. I like where this sport is at and where it has come in a short amount of time. I like watching races from my phone. I like watching races live on TV . I like to see the sport trying new things and not staying stagnant like is has the last half century. My glass is half full. I have things I don't like as a fan, but there is enough negativity around here I choose to look at things positively. If that makes me a cheerleader or an ass kisser, oh well. Better be that than a bunch of negative Nancy's....

If its back, awesome!!!!
Regis
Fantasy
292nd
8/25/2013 12:12pm Edited Date/Time 8/25/2013 12:32pm
Outsider wrote:
Regis wrote:
I agree the riders don't all HAVE to agree what's great and what isn't. What's funny to me is your statement that GH is the best...

Outsider wrote:
[b]What's funny to me is your statement that GH is the best and most challenging as if it is fact.[/b] When did I say that? Glen...
What's funny to me is your statement that GH is the best and most challenging as if it is fact.

When did I say that?

Glen Helen is the best track in Socal for a fan to watch a National Motocross... "IMO" Smile
Sorry Boss,

It was bd.

My bad,

your opinion is in the majority, it has to be.. It is a fantastic track to view a race.

Reeg
gnarwhip
8/25/2013 12:15pm
RACERX69 wrote:
This is great news. Hope DC and Bud finally kiss and make up. I would love to start going back to a So Cal National. I...
This is great news. Hope DC and Bud finally kiss and make up.

I would love to start going back to a So Cal National. I haven't been since DC pulled the plug on Glen Helen. Just no desire to attend what MX Sports has had to offer with Pala and especially Elsinore.
I tried to go to Pala, but after 6 hours in the car, and not even able to get within 2 miles of the track, we turned around and drove home. 8 hours in the car, no race, haven't been to a national since.
jeffro503
8/25/2013 12:33pm
Looking at these pics brings a tear to my eyes.........

nc_mx_kid
8/25/2013 12:43pm
Glad I didn't go to Lake Elsinore and I HOPE that next year Glen Helen is back on the schedule.
Outsider
8/25/2013 12:49pm
Regis wrote:
Sorry Boss, It was bd. My bad, your opinion is in the majority, it has to be.. It is a fantastic track to view a race...
Sorry Boss,

It was bd.

My bad,

your opinion is in the majority, it has to be.. It is a fantastic track to view a race.

Reeg
lol

I have raced it many times too, albeit at a slow pace so I know what an ass kicker it is! Definitely a love/hate relationship with GH.

Makes attending a national that much better though.

Post a reply to: Payton suggests Glen Helen

The Latest