Paying cash for a new bike?

kkawboy14
10/18/2019 2:31am
yz133rider wrote:
Weird logic. Financing it means not only do you get depreciation. You also pay interest and finance fees. But ok
UpTiTe wrote:
I’ve never paid a bike off while I was riding it so I’ve never paid the full interest rate I’ve used it, made minimal payments and...
I’ve never paid a bike off while I was riding it so I’ve never paid the full interest rate I’ve used it, made minimal payments and sold it when I was done with it and paid it off. I’d rather have my money in a place that was making me money then wrap it up in something that is depreciating.

I can put 1000 down, pay 3.5 interest and put the other 6-9k in an account with an average growth of 9%. I’m making 6% on my money. Like I said, money’s cheap, use the banks and invest yours, in the long run you’ll be better off.
I like this way of thinking! What are some good investments that I can look into with 8-10% return? I’ve tried a few stocks but pretty...
I like this way of thinking!

What are some good investments that I can look into with 8-10% return?

I’ve tried a few stocks but pretty loose. Been very lucky with Realestate. Maybe I need to speak with a financial advisor?
Life Settlements
shane1322
10/18/2019 3:16am
Hoks wrote:
I donate plasma to fund my motocross addiction. Extra $350 a month for a few hours of my time and my wife can’t complain what I...
I donate plasma to fund my motocross addiction. Extra $350 a month for a few hours of my time and my wife can’t complain what I spend my “blood money” on. Win win.
You aint donating if your getting paid. You mean selling
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
10/18/2019 5:53am Edited Date/Time 10/18/2019 5:55am
Lots of good info in this thread.

Sounds like the common theme is - either single, both parents work, and no kids.
Timo_2824
10/18/2019 9:25am
Vital: Our sport is dying man, what can be done to save it?

Also Vital: "If you can't pay cash, then you shouldn't be in this sport."
"Never buy a brand new bike, only buy used roached 2 strokes or several year old left overs."

I think it's funny that a lot of 40+ year olds are getting on here telling younger guys "I lived life to the fullest in my 20-30's getting loans to buy a bunch of toys. Now though I have my shit together and my life is super comfortable and I pay cash for everything. But you shouldn't ever use loans to buy anything, just wait until you can pay cash for a bike, no need to enjoy life in you youthful years..."

Be smart and use loans wisely, that's all I'm going to say. No reason to be afraid of borrowing if you're responsible.

The Shop

Post a reply to: Paying cash for a new bike?

The Latest