Paying Sponsor / Advertiser Wants LCQ Champs!

deadking
Fantasy
657th
Edited Date/Time 12/13/2013 6:36am
Do you need a paying sponsor? Are you riding 2014 AMA Supercross? Can you win the LCQ? Do you consider yourself an innovative rider looking to set yourself apart from the rest of the pack.....possibly even be a part of history?

I work with www.SRPInternational.com in PR/Marketing and would like to hear from top 100 riders that fit this.

Best,

Wm. Tyler King

Marketing & PR, SRP International

(619) 933.8844 cell

William.King11@yahoo.com

http://www.srpinternational.com/
|
flarider
10/3/2013 6:30am
You want riders to not try in qualifying on order to get to the LCQ in order to win it?
deadking
Fantasy
657th
10/3/2013 6:58am
flarider wrote:
You want riders to not try in qualifying on order to get to the LCQ in order to win it?
....we would rather you get that 5-7 minutes of solid TV time rather than running on the bubble and being ignored. This is focused on getting as much TV coverage as possible for paying sponsors/advertisers. We're not interested in working with 'the best of the best'. The LCQ gets a ton of TV time and is a perfect segment for fast, struggling privateers to garner multiple TV impressions (Joyce Julius Tracking) and make great money (via our paying clients). Are you riding 2014 AMA SX?...if so, send me more info on you and we'll take a look. Thank you, sir. Enjoy.

The Shop

10/3/2013 7:21am
Jason Brooks is racing West Coast 250s and will be right on that bubble.
Matt Wozney
10/3/2013 8:01am
2 pennies.....

If I were you (and have the $$$), I would be title sponsor of the LCQ events in general, not have a race team or rider support program wrapped around the idea of winning LCQs. LCQs aren't a good situation for a rider most of the time, if not, all the time. What happens if such and such rider makes the mains out of most of the rounds? Are you going to limit their racing careers to not making the main directly from the heat? Then that whole LCQ deal looks silly. BTW, the CBS shows show highlights of the LCQs, not the whole race, and that's where the big chunk of viewership in SX is.

Plus if you're a rider that is on the fringe of making it into a 450 SX main event (250s get a pass due to 2 regions), you should be on a team and hopefully, getting a salary of some sort.

But hey, your money. Not mine. Thanks for your efforts in supporting the sport either way!
10/3/2013 8:20am
I think it's a very creative way to help out some riders and get exposure. Instead of sponsoring a particular rider, why not sponsor the LCQ winner award? Kind of like the holeshot award. Then you get the exposure every LCQ.
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
10/3/2013 8:20am Edited Date/Time 10/3/2013 8:21am
Jimmy albertson > Reed

Ps- tyler king, you're nasty OG!
deadking
Fantasy
657th
10/3/2013 8:58am
2 pennies..... If I were you (and have the $$$), I would be title sponsor of the LCQ events in general, not have a race team...
2 pennies.....

If I were you (and have the $$$), I would be title sponsor of the LCQ events in general, not have a race team or rider support program wrapped around the idea of winning LCQs. LCQs aren't a good situation for a rider most of the time, if not, all the time. What happens if such and such rider makes the mains out of most of the rounds? Are you going to limit their racing careers to not making the main directly from the heat? Then that whole LCQ deal looks silly. BTW, the CBS shows show highlights of the LCQs, not the whole race, and that's where the big chunk of viewership in SX is.

Plus if you're a rider that is on the fringe of making it into a 450 SX main event (250s get a pass due to 2 regions), you should be on a team and hopefully, getting a salary of some sort.

But hey, your money. Not mine. Thanks for your efforts in supporting the sport either way!
Thanks Wozney, you have valid points. It's a good thing that both John Slater and I have actually raced Supercross and understand exactly how it all works....from the perspective of a fan, an actual rider in the battle, from a network's perspective (I worked with ESPN), and as an advertiser/sponsor perspective. 30 years in the game can do that for you. Thanks for the 2 pennies.....every cent will be spent wisely. Are you riding AMA Supercross 2014?
deadking
Fantasy
657th
10/3/2013 8:59am
jsmx97 wrote:
SLATER SKINS!!!!!!
Yahh jsmx97!! What's your story?
Regis
Fantasy
292nd
10/3/2013 9:02am
Deadking,

I understand your way of thinking. Not discrediting this guy at all but try Weston Peick. He is a solid top ten guy but from memory has been in some epic battles in LCQ's and has had plenty of TV time. Plus, he is putting his own program together and may have the flexibility to run different ideas.

Love ya buddy. I am sure whatever you are involved with will kick ass.
deadking
Fantasy
657th
10/3/2013 9:02am
chapmanmx wrote:
Two words...Jimmy. Albertson.
Thanx Chapmanmx and Chris O'neal. Now I'll have to figure out how to contact them. Are they on here?

Seth505.....haha......it's an honor to be remembered! Stay raw.
deadking
Fantasy
657th
10/3/2013 11:50am
Wozney - many great points.......it's my point that you're missing. No big. Again, this post was meant for actual 2014 AMA SX riders to respond to if they were interested in a paying sponsor. Thanks for your help and guidence, sir.

Special thanks to 'the Rege' for support. This is one of those kind of projects in every sense. I'll check with Peick, again, but last I knew when he tested them he didn't like the 'look' of so he opted out. Nothing to hide...it is what it is. Obviously, if dudes qualified out of the heats or semi's we/sponsors would still be ecstatic and the riders would still garner a few seconds of TV time. What we're doing is looking at this more like Peter Brand in the MoneyBall baseball happening. We're going through all of the LCQ's of 2013, seeing who was there in the top 5, most often, and making an educated statistical decision rather than personal decision which involves ego, myth, and outside influence. Of course if the rider's a deusche (spelling?) then we'd address that before hiring, but...if they are the most probable riders to be there then they are a prime opportunity for our investors/clients to best promote their brand, product, image by way of the most influential marketing platform....TV impressions.

HA....I just vomited all this while thanking RegeSmile It is what it is....we'll keep pushin.....know any sick riders needing more financial support.....please have then contact me. I'm done educating on 'why' and most focused on 'who gets it' and wants in.

This will happen at ....Anaheim1....and the plan is to have you actually SEE ITSmile Thanks again to the post participants.

deadking
mx5471
10/3/2013 4:02pm
You know deadking, you might just have an idea there. There are guys that just are not fast enough but keep trying, and end up in LCQ's. Maybe if they could make a little more money from the sponsors as you say, it can keep them going without the worry of having to pay it all out of there pockets. There is no argument that the top guys have had factory sponsorship throughout their careers, and lots of people on here say the privateers need help. This may be a way to do it. If your offer is legit, you should have several applications.
10/3/2013 4:47pm
Most any teams that get any support or help from the factories in parts or bikes has to run stock looking bikes or get their graphic's okéd by the factory guys.. But there are many pure privateers that would be interested.
deadking
Fantasy
657th
10/3/2013 10:10pm
mx5471 wrote:
You know deadking, you might just have an idea there. There are guys that just are not fast enough but keep trying, and end up in...
You know deadking, you might just have an idea there. There are guys that just are not fast enough but keep trying, and end up in LCQ's. Maybe if they could make a little more money from the sponsors as you say, it can keep them going without the worry of having to pay it all out of there pockets. There is no argument that the top guys have had factory sponsorship throughout their careers, and lots of people on here say the privateers need help. This may be a way to do it. If your offer is legit, you should have several applications.
mx5471 - thank you for taking the time. You echo our thoughts.... and as someone that finished 10th in their first 125cc main (Denver'96) and never have ridden a free bike in my 25 year career, I know the feeling of 'just get me a little support and I'll definitely take it to the next level' privateer mentality. If they're getting the TV time....they should be getting paid, period. Thanks again and let me know of any riders you have contact with that are available.

You too 'xnationalwrench' - Thank you. Know any blazing fast pure privateers that are available?
Grizz
10/3/2013 10:20pm Edited Date/Time 10/3/2013 10:23pm
You want TV time? Get a rider that's good at spectacular crashes without getting injured.

Stuff like jumping across a couple of lanes from the face of a triple on "accident." Or how about "crashing" in a turn and being forced to go off the track only to get a huge ass run at the whoops and barrel roll them 8th tapped on a 450. Talk about TV time...
deadking
Fantasy
657th
10/3/2013 10:34pm
Jason Brooks is racing West Coast 250s and will be right on that bubble.
Jason Brooks is fast! I tried hitting him up on another site. I wasn't familiar with him so thank you for bringing him up.
deadking
Fantasy
657th
10/3/2013 10:36pm
Grizz wrote:
You want TV time? Get a rider that's good at spectacular crashes without getting injured. Stuff like jumping across a couple of lanes from the face...
You want TV time? Get a rider that's good at spectacular crashes without getting injured.

Stuff like jumping across a couple of lanes from the face of a triple on "accident." Or how about "crashing" in a turn and being forced to go off the track only to get a huge ass run at the whoops and barrel roll them 8th tapped on a 450. Talk about TV time...
...now we're talkinSmile
Grizz
10/3/2013 10:50pm
Grizz wrote:
You want TV time? Get a rider that's good at spectacular crashes without getting injured. Stuff like jumping across a couple of lanes from the face...

deadking wrote:
...now we're talkinSmile
Also, I volunteer! Gunna need a first-class flight to Cali by Saturday at the latest. I'll assume bike and gear will be waiting for me. Thanks!
10/4/2013 7:10am Edited Date/Time 10/4/2013 9:29am
I would contact someone like Derek Anderson, because he knows how to represent his sponsor's and has a pretty good fan following also.
deadking
Fantasy
657th
10/4/2013 2:05pm
I would contact someone like Derek Anderson, because he knows how to represent his sponsor's and has a pretty good fan following also.
Sick recommendation, xnationalwrench! That dude is perfect! I hope he responds on Facebook. Do you have any other ways I could reach him?

You can call/text/email me privately if need be. Thanks again for a great pick, sir.
TeamGreen
10/4/2013 2:48pm
I'm thinking that we just might want to look at the 2013 SX LCQs and recall names like Barcia, Milsaps...etc.
MarkF
10/4/2013 4:08pm
deadking wrote:
Sick recommendation, xnationalwrench! That dude is perfect! I hope he responds on Facebook. Do you have any other ways I could reach him? You can call/text/email...
Sick recommendation, xnationalwrench! That dude is perfect! I hope he responds on Facebook. Do you have any other ways I could reach him?

You can call/text/email me privately if need be. Thanks again for a great pick, sir.
Hey deadking,

I sent you contact info via e-mail.

Good luck,
Mark
deadking
Fantasy
657th
10/4/2013 4:48pm
Yes, sweet! Thank you very much for your efforts, Mark, and thank you for the luck....we'll take everything we can get to make this work.

Enjoy,

deadking
MarkF
10/4/2013 5:27pm
deadking wrote:
Yes, sweet! Thank you very much for your efforts, Mark, and thank you for the luck....we'll take everything we can get to make this work. Enjoy...
Yes, sweet! Thank you very much for your efforts, Mark, and thank you for the luck....we'll take everything we can get to make this work.

Enjoy,

deadking
I understand Kyle Summers is coming out of "retirement" and is doing the lites west sx.
Tracktor
10/4/2013 8:21pm
Mikey Horban might be a good rider for this....

Post a reply to: Paying Sponsor / Advertiser Wants LCQ Champs!

The Latest