Paulin talks about wages in MXGP.

Related:
Create New Tag

11/9/2020 1:10 PM

I've known for a while that some guys with talent don't get a chance to show it since they don't have the cash to show their talent, will it be paying some team to ride for or atleast attend higher level races, which is kinda sad if you ask me. Heck knows how many talented guys are there but not with deep enough pockets. But it is what it is. link with Paulins interview

|

11/9/2020 1:27 PM

And Jiff trying to defend his overseers......

|

11/9/2020 2:06 PM

Oh Geoff.....always stroking the fat man....

|

11/9/2020 2:34 PM

APLMAN99 wrote:

And Jiff trying to defend his overseers......

shocker laughing

|

11/9/2020 3:43 PM

Not worth the click. Nothing we don’t already know

|

11/9/2020 5:16 PM

mxjiff luongos personal bitch.

|

11/9/2020 5:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/9/2020 10:20 PM

Geoff...

Photo

|

11/9/2020 10:21 PM

MXMattii wrote:

Geoff...

Photo

You know that one guy who takes things three steps too far?

|

11/10/2020 12:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/10/2020 12:46 AM

I understand his point that riders bringing sponsorship isnt bad perse, i mean it brings money in the sport.

The problem is that he then makes it a story about ''it was bad in the past so what are you complaining about' and leaves it at it, without raising the point that it is very obvious that a lot of money is taken out of the sport by the promoter with questions at what this promoter actually brings to the sport, all at the expense of riders who don't make anything.

The Dutch Masters of Motocross races at GP tracks, has 50%+ of the top GP riders at the gate and pays roughly 40k per race to the riders (race money and championship bonus). They have a couple of thousand paying fans per race at 20-25 euro per ticket.

The GP's have way more sponsors, have 10.000+ paying fans who each pay 75 euro per ticket (5+ times more then the masters get in gate revenue), and have every race 30k or more income in entry fees from the support classes, which the masters doesnt have.

Somehow with all that extra income the GP riders don't get 40k to divide between them per GP like in the Masters, but have to pay 1000k each to actually enter the GP's....

|

11/10/2020 7:50 AM

MXMattii wrote:

Geoff...

Photo

GuyB wrote:

You know that one guy who takes things three steps too far?

You can't argue about taste I guess. But Tom & Jerry are damn funny...

|

11/10/2020 9:04 AM

https://racerxonline.com/2020/10/22/450-words-gautier-paulin
Sorry. You also mentioned budgets. I have been—and I am—one of the guys on big deals. Motocross needs people. It is not a big, popular sport but people know about it when it’s mentioned. Most bikers start out on a motocross bike as kids. We see F1 drivers doing motocross and I have downhill racer friends who ride MX. So, the sport needs riders. I see some now who are paying to ride and they have a factory bike! I think it is a joke. It is definitely not right. They are not paying ten thousand euros, they are spending hundreds of thousands. I don’t believe this is the right way. I see some riders in MX2 being paid less than a mechanic. As a sportsman you need money to take care of yourself and prepare yourself whether that’s eating, traveling, training. Applying quality to your job. When I see the turn motocross is making I think it’s very tough. Okay, the virus has had an effect, but it is not all about the virus. All the teams here want to perform and we should not lose this priority from our vision. I feel a bit sorry for the people who pay to ride. I can look at myself in the mirror because I do what I can to bring myself up and for my future. I don’t leave the s*** for people. If someone like Clement decides to step away then I feel sorry about that. He mentioned the tracks and it is true that some are tough for passing; Spain was a beautiful track but it was hard for overtaking. It means something is missing-

|

11/11/2020 3:28 AM

Always wished he’d given Supercross a try Photo

|

11/11/2020 7:07 AM

Rupert X wrote:

He did in 2010
Photo

|

11/11/2020 10:53 AM

Rupert X wrote:

RoflCopter726 wrote:

He did in 2010
Photo

Did Max Anstie and Tommy Searle race that year also?

|