Paul Webb back to Yamaha?

Coach529
Edited Date/Time 6/30/2021 7:21pm
Anybody else here rumblings about this? Makes no sense to me.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9JOdelM8CI
|
Dimblewambie
6/30/2021 7:48am
Is it a Kooksey video? If it is thread title makes perfect sense.

🥕
LungButter
6/30/2021 7:56am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Don't give Clownsey any clicks.
I cannot believe that anyone would be into this sport enough to be on this forum and yet still think he's a legitimate news source on the sport.

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
6/30/2021 8:04am
No way I click on it and watch it, but just the title alone, come on man... Webb won 2 SX titles with KTM.. no way does he regret leaving Yamaha

The Shop

DonM
6/30/2021 8:06am
Please delete this thread….the more clicks that idiot gets the more absurd his claims get…
gt80rider
6/30/2021 8:09am
Dude has a point... top 5 riders only want to be on the best team... that Used to be ktm... now it is star yamaha....
LungButter
6/30/2021 8:12am
gt80rider wrote:
Dude has a point... top 5 riders only want to be on the best team... that Used to be ktm... now it is star yamaha....
It is?

Webb and KTM just won the SX championship 2 months ago, you know....the most important Championship in America, now all of a sudden Ferrandis and AP have a few good motos outdoors and Star Yamaha is the best team in the pits?

Jeezus moto people are so quick to change what nuts they swing from.....

Seems to me Kawi is the best Team in the pits if you go off Championships won over the last decade but that's just me going off results and facts.
6/30/2021 8:39am
Is he paying these people to post all of his opinions here? It's getting more frequent, it seems.
TeamGreen
6/30/2021 8:46am
Is he paying these people to post all of his opinions here? It's getting more frequent, it seems.
Good point

Truly the Wannabe-TMZ of Moto.

Was there ANYTHING of substance in that video…at all?
BroFoSho
6/30/2021 8:47am
LungButter wrote:
It is? Webb and KTM just won the SX championship 2 months ago, you know....the most important Championship in America, now all of a sudden Ferrandis...
It is?

Webb and KTM just won the SX championship 2 months ago, you know....the most important Championship in America, now all of a sudden Ferrandis and AP have a few good motos outdoors and Star Yamaha is the best team in the pits?

Seems to me Kawi is the best Team in the pits if you go off Championships won over the last decade but that's just me going off results and facts.
I didn't actually think about it before but you are right.

2011 to current...

Kawi: 10 titles
KTM/Husky: 10 titles
Suzuki: 1 title
Honda: 0
Yamaha: 0
TSCHAM101
6/30/2021 8:55am
gt80rider wrote:
LungButter wrote:
It is? Webb and KTM just won the SX championship 2 months ago, you know....the most important Championship in America, now all of a sudden Ferrandis...
It is?

Do you mind listing the stats from the last Decade for everybody to see? Are we talking 450 only or combined between 250 and 450 best manufacturer?

I dont have the stats, but its hard to beat KTM's track record in the 450's only.. RV has a ton of stats, and dominated 2013-2015, Eli had alot of wins 2016-2020, and 3 outdoor championships, But KTM with Ryan Dungey, Kenny, Marv(has alot of wins, No title, probably the best for any #2 rider if you call it that), Webb.

Kawi i think had the best riders at the time, so they dominated for a short time, their #2 guy always struggled.

KTM consistently produced results, and helped the #2 rider excel and always fighting for wins and podiums.
MPJC
Fantasy
592nd
6/30/2021 9:15am
When someone calls him "Paul" I immediately think: "There's a guy who goes out of his way to be annoying and childish".
LungButter
6/30/2021 9:23am
TSCHAM101 wrote:
Do you mind listing the stats from the last Decade for everybody to see? Are we talking 450 only or combined between 250 and 450 best...
Do you mind listing the stats from the last Decade for everybody to see? Are we talking 450 only or combined between 250 and 450 best manufacturer?

I dont have the stats, but its hard to beat KTM's track record in the 450's only.. RV has a ton of stats, and dominated 2013-2015, Eli had alot of wins 2016-2020, and 3 outdoor championships, But KTM with Ryan Dungey, Kenny, Marv(has alot of wins, No title, probably the best for any #2 rider if you call it that), Webb.

Kawi i think had the best riders at the time, so they dominated for a short time, their #2 guy always struggled.

KTM consistently produced results, and helped the #2 rider excel and always fighting for wins and podiums.
I was thinking 450s only.

If you count KTM & Husky as the same brand then they tie on titles as noted above, but for this argument since we are talking "Teams" and those are separate Teams, they should be counted individually.
AH387
6/30/2021 9:29am
I didn't think it was that ridiculous of a video. I would assume Webb is fairly happy at KTM, after winning the SX title, so who knows if he would want to go back to Yamaha. Maybe he doesn't have as good of a relationship with the team as he would like or something (compared to what it would be at Star.) But you gotta think he still likes the KTM, as far as the bike itself. The rest of the video was nothing ridiculous and I found it interesting speculation.
Tumic
6/30/2021 9:38am
MPJC wrote:
When someone calls him "Paul" I immediately think: "There's a guy who goes out of his way to be annoying and childish".
Same goes for the ”Moosecan” cunts..
6/30/2021 9:44am
DonM wrote:
Please delete this thread….the more clicks that idiot gets the more absurd his claims get…
For real. Don't give this clown more attention. We know better here but there are people who don't follow the sport as closely and think Cookesy and Hopper are credible "journalists."
ZOBITO
6/30/2021 9:57am
Until recently, I had no clue what Crapsey looked like.
His thoughts and theories on Vital had me expecting a much younger guy, actually.
I recently discovered his face, and in his infinite wisdom, God did a great job: a weasel that actually looks like a weasel.
Laughing
6/30/2021 9:58am
MPJC wrote:
Tumic wrote:
Same goes for the ”Moosecan” cunts..
immediately think "douche nozzle"....
ZOSICK
6/30/2021 10:16am
gt80rider wrote:
LungButter wrote:
It is?

I agree 100%. The KTM/HSQ brands just won an SX and MX back one right after another. People need to get real. Simple facts below. Since 2012, a KTM/HSQ has won a title in all but one year (2013). Yup, KTM/HSQ is really in trouble, time to close up shop lol.

2021 KTM SX
2019 KTM SX
2018 HSQ SX
2015-2017 KTM SX

2012 KTM MX
2014 KTM MX
2015 KTM MX
2020 HSQ MX
Graybeard
Fantasy
2206th
6/30/2021 10:35am
I'll admit, I got sucked into watching this video last night, was trolling YouTube motocross videos and I saw the title of Webb moving to Yamaha so clicked (didn't know it was Chris Cooksey), have never seen a Cooksey video so had no idea who these guys were. Guessing the guy in the classes is "coach"? Made zero sense--Webb back to Yamaha because they are "the best" but then saying that JMart should go to KTM or Husqvarna for an immediate 460 ride, when JMart is already at Star Yamaha....made my head hurt.
Zycki11
6/30/2021 10:37am
Cooksey and Hopper are a joke. They just piggyback the same info that anyone paying attention can grab. Then they make a BS YouTube video on it hoping to make a penny. Probably one of the rare moments where I’m glad it’s difficult to make money being a YouTube content creator.

While this sport may have “some” drama. It is nothing in the end. Switching a motorcycle brand compared to Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes losing 4 races in a row is not even comparable. Hell, F1 probably gets more publicity just from a girlfriend changing hair color than Paul or Coopers 2nd SX title.
gt80rider
6/30/2021 10:48am
gt80rider wrote:
LungButter wrote:
It is?

Don't ask me, I'm some schmoe on the net... ask some top 5 guys.... it is straight up obvious in the 250s.... and, with df crushing it outdoors and tomac on the way, the star 450 team seems to be headed the same direction.....
LungButter
6/30/2021 11:32am
gt80rider wrote:
Don't ask me, I'm some schmoe on the net... ask some top 5 guys.... it is straight up obvious in the 250s.... and, with df crushing...
Don't ask me, I'm some schmoe on the net... ask some top 5 guys.... it is straight up obvious in the 250s.... and, with df crushing it outdoors and tomac on the way, the star 450 team seems to be headed the same direction.....
Let me know when they win a single Championship with the 450 and they'll be 10% of the way to what Kawi and the Austrians have done the last 10 years. Tongue

Tomac hasn't even swung a leg over the f'n bike so I'd say him going there don't mean shit yet does it?
Johnny Ringo
6/30/2021 11:38am
gt80rider wrote:
Don't ask me, I'm some schmoe on the net... ask some top 5 guys.... it is straight up obvious in the 250s.... and, with df crushing...
LungButter wrote:
Let me know when they win a single Championship with the 450 and they'll be 10% of the way to what Kawi and the Austrians have...
Let me know when they win a single Championship with the 450 and they'll be 10% of the way to what Kawi and the Austrians have done the last 10 years. Tongue

Tomac hasn't even swung a leg over the f'n bike so I'd say him going there don't mean shit yet does it?
I’d say DF is the bigger title threat on the blue bike than Tomac at this point
6/30/2021 11:43am Edited Date/Time 6/30/2021 11:44am
While we're at it, how about we insta-ban for speculative thread titles that are missing the question mark?

Maybe a ban is a bit harsh, but that shit is annoying.
Coach529
6/30/2021 11:48am
I apologize for my mistake.......please do not use the ban hammer.
byke
6/30/2021 12:20pm
If race teams are anything like women, which they seem to be, that strategy won't end well.
AH387
6/30/2021 12:30pm
Coach529 wrote:
I apologize for my mistake.......please do not use the ban hammer.
You can't post any media outlet that goes against the Pulp cronies on here, or you'll get downvoted.

Granted, I'm not a huge fan of a lot of Cooksey's stuff but I'll still watch a video (I don't even know what he looks like, so I didn't even realize who the people were in that video.) It's not that big of a deal. No one has to take what they say as the law, it's just an opinion/speculation. Just like people who can't enjoy Pulp shows and also Whiskey Throttle or Gypsy, in addition. It's not a gang or some sort of association to watch or listen to more than 1 outlet. It's just watching videos about moto. People need to lighten up.

Post a reply to: Paul Webb back to Yamaha?

The Latest