Paul Malin

Surly100
9/20/2015 11:24pm Edited Date/Time 9/20/2015 11:27pm
I like him. His reading of a race is excellent, and he quite often calls things before they happen.

Love his 'OOOoooOooooOOOOOOH!' when someone has a massive off as well.
RG1
9/20/2015 11:27pm Edited Date/Time 9/20/2015 11:31pm
DPR250R wrote:
So... Gasjer was at let's say 80%... loose that battle win the war right? What about Jonass? What % was he riding at? Was he not...
So... Gasjer was at let's say 80%... loose that battle win the war right?

What about Jonass? What % was he riding at? Was he not trying either? Did he not still have a slight chance at the title?

Was anyone in the 250 class at 100%?

Febvre had nothing to prove... no reason to go 100% and that fucker left it all out there. He rode great! Very exciting to watch.
Jonass was trying as hard as he could, these conditions did not help him though, I think that goes for almost everyone in the 250 class. I was just making the point that for Gajser it made no sense to go after Nelson and McElrath when he had the championship in the bag, as machine said Malin was a joke for saying that
Jimmy_Sloan
9/20/2015 11:31pm
Dx3moto wrote:
Vitards will complain about anything....
peelout wrote:
Lmao, you labeling "Vitards", talk about a pot calling the kettle black
As are you.
Dx3moto
9/20/2015 11:40pm
I think Paul Malin does an excellent job. I think you guys are, how shall I say it, too sensitive.

The Shop

avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
9/21/2015 12:28am
Said it before, he is a well spoken, and educated announcer, but he can be a passive aggressive dick sometimes. Especially when Ryan is in the booth.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2475th
9/21/2015 12:43am
We have all four races on Foxtel here in Australia, but we did not have Malin commentating, we had two clowns well one clown and one half non biast Brit commentating on Eurosport.

It was near commical at times, nearly spent the extra money to get the MXGP TV stream!
9/21/2015 12:53am
In regards to the championship, as in they were going for the win and not going to move over for anyone. What great examples these are...
In regards to the championship, as in they were going for the win and not going to move over for anyone.

What great examples these are so far... that Malin sure is a prick...
Remember though how Jeremy Martin rode during the final US national? Once MarvinM was out Martin rode very safely and didn't charge at all making sure the title was his after all that's why all of the hard work is put in all year.
While I'd like to think that Nelson and Share Mc truly put it to the Euro's I think the title was more in focus for the Euro's than theUS guys.
Maybe next year's USGP will include Herlings and more US riders and the MX2 title will be decided resulting in a better showdown.
9/21/2015 1:04am
Paul Malin is the man, one word "Coccyx!"

also in the US, the CBS sports MXGP broadcasts most always feature Adam Wheeler performing color as Malin does play by play. I really like Wheeler (ask Matthes, Wheeler is one of the best in the biz).
9/21/2015 1:07am
On Villopoto in the booth with Malin during the USGP - WTF with RV going on and on claiming something was "oranges to apples"????????

Maybe RV just gets nervous when on TV because he HAS to know it's Apples to Oranges right?
9/21/2015 4:30am
machine wrote:
He's a totally biased prick. Hell, in the 250 motos we had US riders 1st through 3rd and he didn't even mention them, he talked about...
He's a totally biased prick. Hell, in the 250 motos we had US riders 1st through 3rd and he didn't even mention them, he talked about 4th through 5th the whole damn moto. Then his passive aggressive back handed slights of US riders make me want to puke. Hell, a rider that probably won't be able to get a ride next year and a guy racing a 450 for the first time almost beat your best..haha...suck it Malin!
hahaha for real ? damn what a cry baby you are ........LaughingLaughingLaughing get yours a mirror and see who is a biased prick ....look at youre comments , talking down youre own riders to make them look even better LaughingLaughingLaughing
ATKpilot99
9/21/2015 5:23am
machine wrote:
He's a totally biased prick. Hell, in the 250 motos we had US riders 1st through 3rd and he didn't even mention them, he talked about...
He's a totally biased prick. Hell, in the 250 motos we had US riders 1st through 3rd and he didn't even mention them, he talked about 4th through 5th the whole damn moto. Then his passive aggressive back handed slights of US riders make me want to puke. Hell, a rider that probably won't be able to get a ride next year and a guy racing a 450 for the first time almost beat your best..haha...suck it Malin!
hahaha for real ? damn what a cry baby you are ........:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: get yours a mirror and see who is a biased prick ....look...
hahaha for real ? damn what a cry baby you are ........LaughingLaughingLaughing get yours a mirror and see who is a biased prick ....look at youre comments , talking down youre own riders to make them look even better LaughingLaughingLaughing
While I don't necessarily agree with Machine's opinion on Malin , Grant may not have a ride and it was Webb's first pro ride on a 450 . How is that talking them down?
holeshot100
9/21/2015 6:02am
I do like listening to Malin doing the GP's, since he really knows all about the riders(past and present) and the history of the GP's.....very informative...However he definitely shows some bias, which is can be common with announcers in any sport. Ok to a certain extent. If you watch the GP's when they are in Europe, Malin goes crazy over Searle and other riders from the UK compared to the other Euros. When when the Euros come to the USA...England all of a sudden becomes part of Europe, and it is them against the USA. Funny how that works.

I noticed Grant and Webb doing the quad on the last stretch in front of the bleachers, and correct me if I missed it, but I never heard Malin comment on the huge obstacle. If it was Cairoli, Searle, or any other GP jumping that enormous quad, I think he would have come out of his seat with comments.

I do think it is awesome the GP's made it to the states, and enjoy watching these great racers who come from all over the world.
ATKpilot99
9/21/2015 6:05am
I do like listening to Malin doing the GP's, since he really knows all about the riders(past and present) and the history of the GP's.....very informative...However...
I do like listening to Malin doing the GP's, since he really knows all about the riders(past and present) and the history of the GP's.....very informative...However he definitely shows some bias, which is can be common with announcers in any sport. Ok to a certain extent. If you watch the GP's when they are in Europe, Malin goes crazy over Searle and other riders from the UK compared to the other Euros. When when the Euros come to the USA...England all of a sudden becomes part of Europe, and it is them against the USA. Funny how that works.

I noticed Grant and Webb doing the quad on the last stretch in front of the bleachers, and correct me if I missed it, but I never heard Malin comment on the huge obstacle. If it was Cairoli, Searle, or any other GP jumping that enormous quad, I think he would have come out of his seat with comments.

I do think it is awesome the GP's made it to the states, and enjoy watching these great racers who come from all over the world.
He mentioned them doing the quad.
9/21/2015 6:11am
Langston and Weedge are way better in my opinion.
philG wrote:
Thats cos they have 30 ad breaks to think of stuff to say. Malin does a good job seeing as he is on his own most...
Thats cos they have 30 ad breaks to think of stuff to say.

Malin does a good job seeing as he is on his own most of the time.
Quality with a capital k lol
pilotdude
9/21/2015 6:54am Edited Date/Time 9/21/2015 7:02am
machine wrote:
Because that's what was being shown on screen, considering it was the battle for the championship and all.... whenever it shown the US riders he discussed...
Because that's what was being shown on screen, considering it was the battle for the championship and all.... whenever it shown the US riders he discussed them. I bet you couldn't give a single example of this passive-aggressiveness you are babbling about. The only time Malin is ever biased is when he sometimes mentions the British riders more often than others, which he wasn't really doing today. You are just being delusional and paranoid.
You are out of your fucking mind Woody. It's basically accepted fact that Malin is a biased anti-U.S. announcer. He doesn't come right out and say, "I hate the fucking U.S. riders." What he does is minimize U.S. accomplishments through omission and back-handed complements, and then talk up "his" riders as if they are the second coming of Jesus Christ.

Maybe his bias is justified because of who he is, his history as a rider, and the people that pay his bills, but to claim he is not biased and that the people who point it out are "delusional and paranoid" is both ridiculous and unrealistic.

Hell, I freely admit that our announcers like Emig and Weege are probably biased for the U.S. riders, but I've also heard them gush about how well former GP riders are doing, and it didn't sound forced-they really meant it.

SoftSand
9/21/2015 7:26am
aaryn #234 wrote:
We have all four races on Foxtel here in Australia, but we did not have Malin commentating, we had two clowns well one clown and one...
We have all four races on Foxtel here in Australia, but we did not have Malin commentating, we had two clowns well one clown and one half non biast Brit commentating on Eurosport.

It was near commical at times, nearly spent the extra money to get the MXGP TV stream!
It was bad eh ? I was expecting Malin but Eurosport seem to bring in some part timers. I was surprised we got all the motos and didn't get the usual 30 min "highlights" show. Wonder what we will get for MXDN...
9/21/2015 8:29am
pilotdude wrote:
You are out of your fucking mind Woody. It's basically accepted fact that Malin is a biased anti-U.S. announcer. He doesn't come right out and say...
You are out of your fucking mind Woody. It's basically accepted fact that Malin is a biased anti-U.S. announcer. He doesn't come right out and say, "I hate the fucking U.S. riders." What he does is minimize U.S. accomplishments through omission and back-handed complements, and then talk up "his" riders as if they are the second coming of Jesus Christ.

Maybe his bias is justified because of who he is, his history as a rider, and the people that pay his bills, but to claim he is not biased and that the people who point it out are "delusional and paranoid" is both ridiculous and unrealistic.

Hell, I freely admit that our announcers like Emig and Weege are probably biased for the U.S. riders, but I've also heard them gush about how well former GP riders are doing, and it didn't sound forced-they really meant it.

Except that's total bullshit. Malin is not "anti-US" at all, as you said both sides obviously have a slight bias towards their series, but when has he ever minimized any US riders accomplishments? He calls the GP series, it's his job to promote those riders. The American commentators are far less informed of the GP riders than Malin is of the US guys anyway.
Zracer
9/21/2015 8:40am
machine wrote:
Because that's what was being shown on screen, considering it was the battle for the championship and all.... whenever it shown the US riders he discussed...
Because that's what was being shown on screen, considering it was the battle for the championship and all.... whenever it shown the US riders he discussed them. I bet you couldn't give a single example of this passive-aggressiveness you are babbling about. The only time Malin is ever biased is when he sometimes mentions the British riders more often than others, which he wasn't really doing today. You are just being delusional and paranoid.
pilotdude wrote:
You are out of your fucking mind Woody. It's basically accepted fact that Malin is a biased anti-U.S. announcer. He doesn't come right out and say...

Malin should strive to be as unbiased as Pilotdud and Machine.
mx836
9/21/2015 8:43am
Except that's total bullshit. Malin is not "anti-US" at all, as you said both sides obviously have a slight bias towards their series, but when has...
Except that's total bullshit. Malin is not "anti-US" at all, as you said both sides obviously have a slight bias towards their series, but when has he ever minimized any US riders accomplishments? He calls the GP series, it's his job to promote those riders. The American commentators are far less informed of the GP riders than Malin is of the US guys anyway.
EVERYBODY is biased, including Malin. Get over it.
9/21/2015 8:48am
i too thought he sounded somewhat biased and some of the time made it annoying to listen to...
mx 219
Fantasy
857th
9/21/2015 9:04am
I agree, I think Malin is an entertaining announcer and overall a good announcer. But he is biased. It is just small comments here and there, its pretty hard not to notice. As mentioned above, a lot of backwards compliments from Malin.
9/21/2015 9:20am
I think we're lucky here in the Netherlands since we have Marc de Reuver commentating on Eurosport 2 and Joel Roelants on Motors TV. But believe me, I've been listening to muchhhh worse commentators then Malin over the years. Some didn't even know which rider belonged to which number... kind of irritating when they don't know what they're talking about.
robkinuk
9/21/2015 9:41am
Zracer wrote:
Malin should strive to be as unbiased as Pilotdud and Machine.
LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing
NVA57
Fantasy
1560th
9/21/2015 9:48am
Nothing is worse than the dutch commentators on MotorsTV..
DonM
9/21/2015 10:58am
Who gives a crap about the TV Commentator??....How about the shitty camera work of the GP's?? How many times can you just have the backside of the jump on the screen that seems like forever!! Or the cameraman totally missing the leaders and picking up a backmarker and following him for an eternity...You can hear Malin's frustration in his voice when that happens!!
ATKpilot99
9/21/2015 11:04am
DonM wrote:
Who gives a crap about the TV Commentator??....How about the shitty camera work of the GP's?? How many times can you just have the backside of...
Who gives a crap about the TV Commentator??....How about the shitty camera work of the GP's?? How many times can you just have the backside of the jump on the screen that seems like forever!! Or the cameraman totally missing the leaders and picking up a backmarker and following him for an eternity...You can hear Malin's frustration in his voice when that happens!!
Or point the camera directly into the blazing sun .
9/21/2015 11:08am
DonM wrote:
Who gives a crap about the TV Commentator??....How about the shitty camera work of the GP's?? How many times can you just have the backside of...
Yup that happens during every broadcast. I swear a few races ago during a good battle they decided to show a jump for about a minute before some lapped riders came over it and then changed the camera. Blink
Silliker269
9/21/2015 11:48am
He is biased no doubt, I'm use to it now and I see it as humor. Kind of like the BS banter in here
Lots of backhanded compliments for the US riders haha
Motofinne
9/21/2015 12:02pm
Okay Malin is biased.... Let's turn this around.

Let's get Weege and Emig in the booth for all the GP rounds with some americans in every round. Will they be 100% unbiased? Hell no. Actually i would love to have Langston with Malin at a few rounds.

The only "complaint" i have for Malin is that he is a bit biased when it comes to the GBR riders but nothing more. And i don't mind it. It's not like he is saying that a heathy Searle would win every round.
DonM
9/21/2015 12:05pm
Motofinne wrote:
Okay Malin is biased.... Let's turn this around. Let's get Weege and Emig in the booth for all the GP rounds with some americans in every...
Okay Malin is biased.... Let's turn this around.

Let's get Weege and Emig in the booth for all the GP rounds with some americans in every round. Will they be 100% unbiased? Hell no. Actually i would love to have Langston with Malin at a few rounds.

The only "complaint" i have for Malin is that he is a bit biased when it comes to the GBR riders but nothing more. And i don't mind it. It's not like he is saying that a heathy Searle would win every round.
Yeah but he thinks that....Smile

Post a reply to: Paul Malin

The Latest