Paul “Baz” Boudreau Column???

shiftmx_22
Fantasy
708th
Edited Date/Time 12/31/2019 7:07am
Anyone remember reading this in Racer X? I remember reading it as a kid, and it was my FAVORITE article. I have been looking online and can't seem to come up with much. I find it hard to believe that in such a digital age, I can't seem to find anything online about his article.

Does anyone know where I can find some of his articles? I can't even remember what years he was writing, and just this past summer I parted with my entire mag collection.
|
stillwelding
1/22/2013 9:55pm
shiftmx_22 wrote:
Anyone remember reading this in Racer X? I remember reading it as a kid, and it was my FAVORITE article. I have been looking online and...
Anyone remember reading this in Racer X? I remember reading it as a kid, and it was my FAVORITE article. I have been looking online and can't seem to come up with much. I find it hard to believe that in such a digital age, I can't seem to find anything online about his article.

Does anyone know where I can find some of his articles? I can't even remember what years he was writing, and just this past summer I parted with my entire mag collection.
It was in MXA. Helps if you start looking in the right magazine. RacerX wasn't even born yet when those columns ran. I don't think DC was even born yet.
shiftmx_22
Fantasy
708th
1/22/2013 10:07pm
shiftmx_22 wrote:
Anyone remember reading this in Racer X? I remember reading it as a kid, and it was my FAVORITE article. I have been looking online and...

It was in MXA. Helps if you start looking in the right magazine. RacerX wasn't even born yet when those columns ran. I don't think DC...
It was in MXA. Helps if you start looking in the right magazine. RacerX wasn't even born yet when those columns ran. I don't think DC was even born yet.
Come on now. I think you're mistaken. I'm sure they ran in Racer X too for awhile. Unless the joke is on my and I am incredibly mistaken....

But I'm nearly certain it was in Racer X around 2003ish.
Zeke27G
1/22/2013 10:35pm
I have some 1973 and later MXA's with Baz columns. Cool

The Shop

EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1154th
1/22/2013 11:57pm
shiftmx_22 wrote:

newmann
1/23/2013 5:03am
His column ran in MXA back in the early days. Racer X picked him up several years back and had him on for a while. I was standing next to some guy at the YROC race at Glen Helen back in 2002 while digging through some magazine collections at the swapmeet area when I heard him introduce himself to someone as Paul Boudreau. I looked up and said "the Baz"? He laughed , benchraced for a while and I got him to autograph a few shirts next to all the greats of the sport who were there that day. Very cool.
newmann
1/23/2013 6:07am

The Baz

Race results and other names on the shirt.

YROC OVERALL

1. Broc Glover
2. George Jobe
3. Goat Breker
4. Jim Gibson
5. Peka Vehkonen
6. Stephan Gall
7. Ron Lechien
8. Jim Holley
9. Torlief Hansen
10. Gary Jones
11 Patrick Boniface
12. Hideaki Suzuki

Steve Boniface is on there too as he was playing pit boy for his dad.

Marty Moates is on there. Back problems kept him out of the race but Goat filled in. Marty was seen flashing Glover a pit board that read "Let Goat Bye". DeCoster and Hannah were just hanging out the entire weekend. Good times!
TerryK
1/23/2013 7:05am
He did in fact come out of retirement a few years back and write for RacerX, and all was right with the world.

Come back Bazzer!!
stillwelding
1/23/2013 7:17am
shiftmx_22 wrote:

It was in MXA. Helps if you start looking in the right magazine. RacerX wasn't even born yet when those columns ran. I don't think DC...
shiftmx_22 wrote:
Come on now. I think you're mistaken. I'm sure they ran in Racer X too for awhile. Unless the joke is on my and I am...
Come on now. I think you're mistaken. I'm sure they ran in Racer X too for awhile. Unless the joke is on my and I am incredibly mistaken....

But I'm nearly certain it was in Racer X around 2003ish.
Sorry. I stand corrected.
shiftmx_22
Fantasy
708th
1/23/2013 10:56am
Sorry. I stand corrected.
It takes a big man to admit his mistakes.

Good new boys, I hit the jackpot! Mr. Sealy over at Racer X kindly hooked me up with a whole whack load of PDF's of Baz' old Racer X column. If anyone is interested, you can PM me your email address and I'll forward them on over.
davistld01
1/23/2013 11:26am
I know Paul wrote for MXA & RacerX...but he is a native Texan, and I believe he and (also from Texas) Jody Weisel from MXA were friends. Are the any real old school Texans here that remember if Baz wrote for the old Texas Motocross magazine beac in the late 70's-mid 80's?
qtrracer
1/23/2013 11:53am
The Bazzer is missing, Fang the Sang is heartbroken! Baz's Box was my favorite.
dirtnapper
1/23/2013 3:33pm
Definatly a column in RacerX for a while, and was ENTIRELY entertaining! I miss him. Smile
HuskyEd
1/23/2013 4:25pm
Pete Szylagyi, Rick Sieman and Paul Boudreau were probably three of the most entertaining column writers in the history of dirt biking magazine history.
8/20/2016 12:08pm
New join here, I'm a little late to the party but I know there are some old fuckers here that remember the Bazzer. I started reading MXA in like 1973, and have read it ever since. Anyone else enter the, "Bazzer's Boots," contest? I spent a bit of time out of the sport but I've recently jumped back in with a WR450. Completely missed the eras of JM, JS and RC. Sad
SCR
8/20/2016 12:30pm
Baz,s Box great stuff. When magazines were your only connection to the motorcycle world other then the local bike shop or being at the track. Getting the new MXA was exciting and first order of business was reading Baz's Box.

Coming home from school and getting Cycle News in the mail box every Wednesday and seeing if there was a right up from Sundays race with your name. Maybe even a picture. Good times.
Perilous
12/29/2019 8:32am
davistld01 wrote:
I know Paul wrote for MXA & RacerX...but he is a native Texan, and I believe he and (also from Texas) Jody Weisel from MXA were...
I know Paul wrote for MXA & RacerX...but he is a native Texan, and I believe he and (also from Texas) Jody Weisel from MXA were friends. Are the any real old school Texans here that remember if Baz wrote for the old Texas Motocross magazine beac in the late 70's-mid 80's?
I believe he was from back East
davistld01
12/29/2019 10:23am Edited Date/Time 12/29/2019 10:23am
davistld01 wrote:
I know Paul wrote for MXA & RacerX...but he is a native Texan, and I believe he and (also from Texas) Jody Weisel from MXA were...
Perilous wrote:
You are exactly right...I am exactly wrong. I believe it was Pete Szylagyi instead of Baz. But, hell...I’m old. I could be wrong altogether.
Gworm
12/29/2019 11:16am Edited Date/Time 12/29/2019 5:44pm
There was one story about the “Do not Drive into Smoke “ signs on the interstate. Can’t remember much more about it though.
BobbyM
12/29/2019 11:27am
davistld01 wrote:
Perilous wrote:
davistld01 wrote:
You are exactly right...I am exactly wrong. I believe it was Pete Szylagyi instead of Baz. But, hell...I’m old. I could be wrong altogether.
I saw pet syglaki taking pics at a hot pepper convention 20 years ago in albq. Or somebody with the same name 😜
Johnny Depp
12/29/2019 11:55am
davistld01 wrote:
Never saw the Baz in any Texas papers. Pete Szyilagi was the original MXA Editor who also hailed from Austin Texas. He spent many years doing the Automobile test for the local paper and some public radio.

https://autowriters.com/szilagyi-escapes-the-grind-karges-takes-over-at…
HuskyEd
12/29/2019 12:06pm Edited Date/Time 12/29/2019 12:08pm
Found this (It is a few years old):

Szilagyi Escapes The Grind; Karges Takes Over at Petersen Automotive Museum Glenn Campbell September 5, 2012 Lane Changes Please Share This Pete Szilagyi has “escaped” the grind and now does occasional auto-related features and a single monthly review column in the Austin American-Statesman with “he-said, she-said” sidekick Pam LeBlanc (with gun in photo along with Pete). He’s been weekly auto columnist for the Statesman since 1981. His review columns have been widely distributed by the New York Times News Service and Cox News Service. He was co-founder of the Texas Auto Writers Association and Rocky Mountain Automotive Press. Pete is a former motocross and desert racer who was founding editor of Motocross Action magazine and associate editor of Dirt Bike magazine. He splits his time between Austin and the Davis Mountains of far West Texas, where he is a music, news and talk host at KRTS 93.5, Marfa Public Radio. Email to pete@texasmountains.com

HuskyEd
12/29/2019 12:11pm Edited Date/Time 12/29/2019 6:51pm
Post deleted.

Joko
Fantasy
233rd
12/29/2019 5:20pm
Wow, he's right down the road from me at St. Mary's Church! I'm going to visit !
Vet57
12/30/2019 2:00pm
Well he's from New England so that may explain a lot...Rock on BAZ!!!
davistld01
12/31/2019 7:06am
davistld01 wrote:
Never saw the Baz in any Texas papers. Pete Szyilagi was the original MXA Editor who also hailed from Austin Texas. He spent many years doing...
Never saw the Baz in any Texas papers. Pete Szyilagi was the original MXA Editor who also hailed from Austin Texas. He spent many years doing the Automobile test for the local paper and some public radio.

https://autowriters.com/szilagyi-escapes-the-grind-karges-takes-over-at…
Yeah, man...I had Paul & Pete mixed up. Paul hailed from New England, Pete from the Austin, Tx. area. I stood & stand corrected.

Post a reply to: Paul “Baz” Boudreau Column???

The Latest