Pastrana’s next gig

CM_84
I was watching “The Gymkhana files” last night on amazon prime.
For those that haven’t seen it, it’s basically a behind the scenes look at the making of Ken Block’s latest gymkhana video.

Anyway, in the last couple of episodes, Ken and the director mentioned a few times about how this was the last video, they will keep doing stuff, but it will different etc.

In the final episode they show the final edit of the video, in the last scene Ken drives off in the dirt, parks the car, gets out and walks away. Pastrana wheelies up to the car, gets off the bike, walks up to car, gets in. Then finally it fades to black and “to be continued...”

Could be cool for Pastrana
|
CM_84
12/8/2018 6:03am
Thanks for ruining it.
No problems.

Don’t worry though, the gymkhana videos aren’t really about the story lines.
12/8/2018 7:57am
The whole nitro circus, fMX thing does nothing for me as a motocross and supercross fan. Seen so many pull tricks that it was cool for a while, now I just think these guys have a death wish. I would never pay to see any of it for sure.
blusmbl
12/8/2018 8:26am
I really enjoyed the series, appreciate how difficult it is to film and drive so many shots in a 10 minute youtube video. The Hoonicorn is one of the coolest vehicles of all time, and the slow mo shot of the donuts around the Joe Louis fist were the highlight for me. The new truck is cool too, but doesn't have the same level of ridiculousness as the car.

Will be really cool if Travis picks up where Ken left off. Wonder if he is going to get a Ford sponsorship out of the deal? I can't see Ford giving up the Gymkhana series or Ken's personal sponsorship, and Travis did spend a while racing for Ford/Roush in the Busch series.

I do hope if they continue that the Gymkhana videos stick mostly with automobiles. I feel bad saying that on a motorcycle forum but the car format is unique. It seems motorcycle stunt videos are more common and it would be much harder to make a similar series about motorcycles turn viral, if that makes any sense.

Post a reply to: Pastrana’s next gig

The Latest