Pastrana statement

motomike137
8/22/2018 5:04am
For me I just see it as more of a stunt and not a great fit for this event.It is admirable that Travis claims it will...
For me I just see it as more of a stunt and not a great fit for this event.It is admirable that Travis claims it will be for charity. But what was the plan for raising funds and how much are they really going to raise? Sorry but to me it is just a sideshow.
It seems like some of you didn't even read Pastrana's statement. There was going to be a documentary filmed by Nitro Circus, that could have generated...
It seems like some of you didn't even read Pastrana's statement. There was going to be a documentary filmed by Nitro Circus, that could have generated a lot of money, and they were already selling t-shirts and merchandise from the ronsontop website. The whole point of Ronnie Mac was to bring as much exposure to the team as possible so they could make as much money as possible, I don't understand how anyone could have a problem with that. You seem to be making the assumption the charity effort is not genuine when it is obviously the whole point, Pastrana would hardly race MXoN at his age as a mere publicity stunt without good reason. Looked like he was trying everything at his disposal to generate outside interest and raise money for a good cause and got screwed over.
If this is the case then why did his film company back out and why doesn't he just do it separately if he cares so deeply?
MudPup545
8/22/2018 5:27am
Motox627! wrote:
Remind me again how Ronnie Mac is worse than a bunch of fucking chain saws? This is a prestigious event, remember. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/08/21/281947/s1200_148199_fans_france_mxon_2016_rx_7594.jpg[/img]
Remind me again how Ronnie Mac is worse than a bunch of fucking chain saws? This is a prestigious event, remember.
Have you ever seen his swing arm sticker?
1983YZ125 wrote:
Does his sticker offend you? Laughing
Yes. It offends me. A professional, world class sporting event is no place where my 12 year old needs to see a "I eat ass!!" sticker. I like a bit of locker room humor as much as the next guy but, there is a time and place for it. It's keeps getting harder and harder to shield kids from all the garbage out there. Some of us don't find it amusing.
JM485
8/22/2018 5:36am
Frank wrote:
I can't believe this entire event is being overshadowed by Travis. What a shit show. Team Puetro Rico better win the event now after putting this...
I can't believe this entire event is being overshadowed by Travis. What a shit show. Team Puetro Rico better win the event now after putting this much attention on themselves. If they don't it seems like a good reason to point and laugh at them while they are on the track.
.kyle wrote:
Travis is always going to bring lots of attention. You do realize that attention is what they're after (to highlight the cause)? In which case, they're...
Travis is always going to bring lots of attention. You do realize that attention is what they're after (to highlight the cause)? In which case, they're not doing a bad job so far. They don't need to win and that's not why they're doing it.
Frank wrote:
Last time I checked this event was a race not a fund raiser. Travis could of used his vegas jump event to raise money for PR.
It's a fund raiser for GL really, that's all. . .
Motox627!
8/22/2018 6:14am
Motox627! wrote:
Remind me again how Ronnie Mac is worse than a bunch of fucking chain saws? This is a prestigious event, remember. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/08/21/281947/s1200_148199_fans_france_mxon_2016_rx_7594.jpg[/img]
Remind me again how Ronnie Mac is worse than a bunch of fucking chain saws? This is a prestigious event, remember.
Wow, some of you folks really are that dense. Those are called spectators. The embarrassment that is "Ronnie Mac" was intended to be a competitor on...
Wow, some of you folks really are that dense. Those are called spectators. The embarrassment that is "Ronnie Mac" was intended to be a competitor on a team representing an entire nation at what is supposed to be one of the most prestigious motocross events in the World. In that context, you should want the best example and representation for that particular nation. That is why these events exist in the first place.

The character of Ronnie Mac doesn't even represent the best the United States has to offer (let alone Puerto Rico). He represents the worst - which is a drunk, belligerent moron who insults people for fun, degrades women and makes a mockery of our sport and it's fanbase in general. Remind me how that applies to Puerto Rico again? Puerto Rico doesn't have moronic PBR drinking rednecks within their culture, last I checked.

Good god, why is that so hard to understand for some people? Motocross is a second tier sport for good reason - most of it's fanbase are complete ignorant fools.
Tell me again about your new TRX400 bro!

The Shop

OldYZRider1
8/22/2018 6:20am Edited Date/Time 8/22/2018 6:21am
We need to resurrect Paul Harvey so we can get "the rest of the story". I suspect this probably boils down to some sort of substantial fee the FIM wanted Nitro Circus to pay to film the event or editorial rights they wanted to impose or maybe both. I'm not sure who all films the event but it looks like Duke Video didn't do anything past 2015 after having done it many years previously.
NateDawg
8/22/2018 6:54am Edited Date/Time 8/22/2018 7:13am
Once again, whiny millenials run it. I should sell my bike and just take up bass fishing. With the way thinks are now they are probably...
Once again, whiny millenials run it. I should sell my bike and just take up bass fishing. With the way thinks are now they are probably ruining that too..
smee113 wrote:
Millenials literally had nothing to do with Ronnie getting kicked.
He doesn't even know what a millennial is, he's just heard that word a bunch on Fox News.
KennyT
Fantasy
479th
8/22/2018 7:09am
Wow, some of you folks really are that dense. Those are called spectators. The embarrassment that is "Ronnie Mac" was intended to be a competitor on...
Wow, some of you folks really are that dense. Those are called spectators. The embarrassment that is "Ronnie Mac" was intended to be a competitor on a team representing an entire nation at what is supposed to be one of the most prestigious motocross events in the World. In that context, you should want the best example and representation for that particular nation. That is why these events exist in the first place.

The character of Ronnie Mac doesn't even represent the best the United States has to offer (let alone Puerto Rico). He represents the worst - which is a drunk, belligerent moron who insults people for fun, degrades women and makes a mockery of our sport and it's fanbase in general. Remind me how that applies to Puerto Rico again? Puerto Rico doesn't have moronic PBR drinking rednecks within their culture, last I checked.

Good god, why is that so hard to understand for some people? Motocross is a second tier sport for good reason - most of it's fanbase are complete ignorant fools.
Rushton597 wrote:
"He represents the worst - which is a drunk, belligerent moron who insults people for fun, degrades women and makes a mockery of our sport and...
"He represents the worst - which is a drunk, belligerent moron who insults people for fun, degrades women and makes a mockery of our sport and it's fanbase in general." Change sport to country and remove drunk and you basically described your president. And he sorta represents your country too.
Looks like the thumbs up/down on your post mimic the election results. Worry about your own countries leader, whoever that may be

Seeing the amount of vital members defending this clown is unreal. He may be great for you tube videos or Redbull events, but a MXDN team? No effin way
gabrielito
8/22/2018 7:21am
For me I just see it as more of a stunt and not a great fit for this event.It is admirable that Travis claims it will...
For me I just see it as more of a stunt and not a great fit for this event.It is admirable that Travis claims it will be for charity. But what was the plan for raising funds and how much are they really going to raise? Sorry but to me it is just a sideshow.
It seems like some of you didn't even read Pastrana's statement. There was going to be a documentary filmed by Nitro Circus, that could have generated...
It seems like some of you didn't even read Pastrana's statement. There was going to be a documentary filmed by Nitro Circus, that could have generated a lot of money, and they were already selling t-shirts and merchandise from the ronsontop website. The whole point of Ronnie Mac was to bring as much exposure to the team as possible so they could make as much money as possible, I don't understand how anyone could have a problem with that. You seem to be making the assumption the charity effort is not genuine when it is obviously the whole point, Pastrana would hardly race MXoN at his age as a mere publicity stunt without good reason. Looked like he was trying everything at his disposal to generate outside interest and raise money for a good cause and got screwed over.
If this is the case then why did his film company back out and why doesn't he just do it separately if he cares so deeply?
I think Travis' ploy was much more make a "Ronnie Mac Goes to the MXDN" film rather than raise funds for Puerto Rico. How do/did they plan on distributing the funds? What percentage will/would have made to actual people in need and not pay for overhead and administration? If you sell T shirts to raise money does Travis get the tax break? Sometimes good people come up with bad ideas. I think that is what happened here.
Rizzo
8/22/2018 7:23am
Crush wrote:
Bit dumb Nitro film pulled out. Who the fuck is watching that for Ronnie? We're all watching it for Pastrana. I see Ronnie every week on...
Bit dumb Nitro film pulled out.

Who the fuck is watching that for Ronnie? We're all watching it for Pastrana. I see Ronnie every week on insta. Pastrana is a living legend.
How you know they "pulled out" vs weren't allowed in? You do need a media credential and much more to film and produce a video at an FIM venue. This venture was approved, then minions got in the ears of all the powers that be and poof, its done. Don't be surprised if the AMA or an energy drink pulled the "we'll take our ball and go home" deal. Silly that people got all pissy before hand and cast judgement on this group instead of letting it unfold and then commenting. Cmon, you really think these guys would have "ruined christmas"?
.kyle
8/22/2018 7:26am
Frank wrote:
I can't believe this entire event is being overshadowed by Travis. What a shit show. Team Puetro Rico better win the event now after putting this...
I can't believe this entire event is being overshadowed by Travis. What a shit show. Team Puetro Rico better win the event now after putting this much attention on themselves. If they don't it seems like a good reason to point and laugh at them while they are on the track.
.kyle wrote:
Travis is always going to bring lots of attention. You do realize that attention is what they're after (to highlight the cause)? In which case, they're...
Travis is always going to bring lots of attention. You do realize that attention is what they're after (to highlight the cause)? In which case, they're not doing a bad job so far. They don't need to win and that's not why they're doing it.
Frank wrote:
Last time I checked this event was a race not a fund raiser. Travis could of used his vegas jump event to raise money for PR.
So what if it's just a 'race'? What better platform to use - the biggest mx race of the year. Highest profile, most spectators & best chance of getting donations.

People seem so butt hurt over these riders, yet might overlook the fact there will be riders there from other countries who will be making the race dangerous with their lack of speed - and I'm not talking about Team PR.
daemon616
8/22/2018 7:34am
Jesus calm down people.
early
Fantasy
2139th
8/22/2018 7:40am
The whole "Team Puerto Rico" with no Puerto Ricans is stupid anyway. There shouldn't be a team sent any year made up of mainlanders.
TXDirt
8/22/2018 7:52am
I can just imagine that Pastrana, Alberston, and Sipes were just sitting around and the conversation went something like this.

Rmac - You know what, we need to do something man.

Travis - Do what?

RMac - I dunno, something.

Travis - Want to do something for CTE awareness and research?

Rmac - Na man. Let's do something for Puerto Rico!!! Yes! Something for Puerto Rico.

Sipes - What's Puerto Rico?

Travis - It's a place that had a big storm I think.

RMac - Lets put together a team and go race MXDN and raise huge dollars!! I'll wear my Ronnie Mac costume because surely people will be cool with that at MXDN. It will be so epic man!

Travis - Cool man. And I'll get Nitro Circus to make a documentary of it man. It will be so rad.

Sipes - I'm hungry.

Travis - It will be so great. We will raise all of this money and awareness. We can sell t shirts, and posters. And we can give all of these dollars to Puerto Rico. It will be awesome!

Rmac- awwww yeaahhhhhh
KennyT
Fantasy
479th
8/22/2018 8:10am
TXDirt wrote:
I can just imagine that Pastrana, Alberston, and Sipes were just sitting around and the conversation went something like this. Rmac - You know what, we...
I can just imagine that Pastrana, Alberston, and Sipes were just sitting around and the conversation went something like this.

Rmac - You know what, we need to do something man.

Travis - Do what?

RMac - I dunno, something.

Travis - Want to do something for CTE awareness and research?

Rmac - Na man. Let's do something for Puerto Rico!!! Yes! Something for Puerto Rico.

Sipes - What's Puerto Rico?

Travis - It's a place that had a big storm I think.

RMac - Lets put together a team and go race MXDN and raise huge dollars!! I'll wear my Ronnie Mac costume because surely people will be cool with that at MXDN. It will be so epic man!

Travis - Cool man. And I'll get Nitro Circus to make a documentary of it man. It will be so rad.

Sipes - I'm hungry.

Travis - It will be so great. We will raise all of this money and awareness. We can sell t shirts, and posters. And we can give all of these dollars to Puerto Rico. It will be awesome!

Rmac- awwww yeaahhhhhh
Jimmy Albertson is Ronnie Mac? My god..,,what happened?
OldYZRider1
8/22/2018 8:25am
early wrote:
The whole "Team Puerto Rico" with no Puerto Ricans is stupid anyway. There shouldn't be a team sent any year made up of mainlanders.
Travis is actually a valid rider for Team Puerto Rico as he is of Puerto Rican descent and likely why he wanted to help them out in this manner.
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4299th
8/22/2018 8:27am
This sport may be unmatched in its expert ability to sabotage itself.
It's honestly impressive. The people that run this sport just can't seem to get out of their own way. Who knows how big moto could have...
It's honestly impressive. The people that run this sport just can't seem to get out of their own way. Who knows how big moto could have actually gotten if it was kept affordable at the grass roots level and corporate greed didn't interfere every step of the way.
Check out our new album "Appetite for Self-Destruction"
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
8/22/2018 8:36am
Steve125 wrote:
The fact that Ronnie Mac was walking past the Unadilla grandstand crowd carrying a "Show your Tits" sign right after the team announcement didn't really add...
The fact that Ronnie Mac was walking past the Unadilla grandstand crowd carrying a "Show your Tits" sign right after the team announcement didn't really add to the marketability and credibility aspect in my opinion.
Time to reset and move forward. Glad Travis is keeping his word.. I still want to see RMzilla out there though.
But you are totally ok with Roczen asking to sign tits at RedBud last year? There's even a video of it. Pretty disrespectful to his fiancé don't you think? But no, let's be more worried about a character holding a sign saying "show your tits"
jjavaman
Fantasy
3706th
8/22/2018 9:02am
Steve125 wrote:
The fact that Ronnie Mac was walking past the Unadilla grandstand crowd carrying a "Show your Tits" sign right after the team announcement didn't really add...
The fact that Ronnie Mac was walking past the Unadilla grandstand crowd carrying a "Show your Tits" sign right after the team announcement didn't really add to the marketability and credibility aspect in my opinion.
Time to reset and move forward. Glad Travis is keeping his word.. I still want to see RMzilla out there though.
mattyhamz2 wrote:
But you are totally ok with Roczen asking to sign tits at RedBud last year? There's even a video of it. Pretty disrespectful to his fiancé...
But you are totally ok with Roczen asking to sign tits at RedBud last year? There's even a video of it. Pretty disrespectful to his fiancé don't you think? But no, let's be more worried about a character holding a sign saying "show your tits"
You should post the video if you’re saying that.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
8/22/2018 9:13am Edited Date/Time 8/22/2018 9:17am
Steve125 wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
But you are totally ok with Roczen asking to sign tits at RedBud last year? There's even a video of it. Pretty disrespectful to his fiancé...
jjavaman wrote:
As soon as I get a chance to find it I will.

Edit: here’s the link to the thread and video. https://m.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Roczen-titty-signing-Red-B…
early
Fantasy
2139th
8/22/2018 9:15am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
jjavaman wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
As soon as I get a chance to find it I will. Edit: here’s the link to the thread and video. https://m.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Roczen-titty-signing-Red-Bud,1322911?page=1

Edit: here’s the link to the thread and video. https://m.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Roczen-titty-signing-Red-B…
Completely unnecessary on this topic
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
8/22/2018 9:16am
jjavaman wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
As soon as I get a chance to find it I will. Edit: here’s the link to the thread and video. https://m.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Roczen-titty-signing-Red-Bud,1322911?page=1

early wrote:
Is it really though after what steve125 said?
early
Fantasy
2139th
8/22/2018 9:20am
mattyhamz2 wrote:

early wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Imo yes it is not relevant to rehash everything every rider has ever done.
TDeath21
8/22/2018 9:25am
I see that some of you honestly think that Travis Pastrana, probably the most popular name in MX history, has no other way to raise funds for Puerto Rico other than making a mockery of the MXoN. Stop and ponder that for a second.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
8/22/2018 9:43am
early wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
early wrote:
Imo yes it is not relevant to rehash everything every rider has ever done.
That's not at all what I was trying to do. I just expect Steve to feel the same way about what Roczen did as he did about what Ronnie did.

It's one thing to walk around with a sign, it's another to actually start signing them as a professional athlete that kids look up to. Am I right? Everyone was so worried about Ronnie's image, but no one seemed to have a problem with Roczen signing tits while engaged.
TXDirt
8/22/2018 9:52am
TDeath21 wrote:
I see that some of you honestly think that Travis Pastrana, probably the most popular name in MX history, has no other way to raise funds...
I see that some of you honestly think that Travis Pastrana, probably the most popular name in MX history, has no other way to raise funds for Puerto Rico other than making a mockery of the MXoN. Stop and ponder that for a second.
This was obviously a case where TP attached his name to something without fully thinking it through. I don’t think he ever would have received a license from FIM/MXGP to even make a documentary anyways.

This was hastily and poorly put together. Rmac had ZERO chance at Racing the MXDN. Zero.

They made the announcement without having their ducks in a row. Now it’s sorta blowing up in their faces. Even the “it’s for charity” can’t save this.
akillerwombat
8/22/2018 9:53am
So, now with Ronnie Mac and "the movie" out, does Jimmy still try and raise awareness for Puerto Rico?
8/22/2018 10:03am Edited Date/Time 8/22/2018 10:05am
Well if mxgp doesn’t pay their riders. Why would they want nitro circus getting plugged and have the ability to pull a profit off the mxgp back?

Here’s your answer wombat: no Ronnie Mac is done raising awareness. The world already knows there was a hurricane. And that the territory still has places without power.
kkawboy14
8/22/2018 10:03am
Once again, whiny millenials run it. I should sell my bike and just take up bass fishing. With the way thinks are now they are probably...
Once again, whiny millenials run it. I should sell my bike and just take up bass fishing. With the way thinks are now they are probably ruining that too..
smee113 wrote:
Millenials literally had nothing to do with Ronnie getting kicked.
NateDawg wrote:
He doesn't even know what a millennial is, he's just heard that word a bunch on Fox News.
Aren’t those kids that are 1000 years old?
mxwrench66
8/22/2018 10:04am
Steve125 wrote:
This never happened.
mister2dt
8/22/2018 10:07am
They raised over $15k within a week and sent all of it to a moto club in PR to help rebuild the scene. Travis said the next round would go toward rebuilding homes. Hence the comments between he and Sipes about honoring their word and not being afraid to swing a hammer and pay out of pocket for this.

I believe Travis had the right vision and Ronnie screwed the pooch, in turn throwing egg in Travis’ face. Pulling Nitro out was more than likely a signal to FIM that they would proceed with it on a serious note and eliminating Nitro from it would do that. I get the feeling Ronnie Mac is 100% of the reasoning behind the divorce and more than likely still on a downward spiral. Hence the comments about something happening at Budds and nobody will speak of it. Dude is probably wondering what happened to his life.... Ronnie Mac happened

Post a reply to: Pastrana statement

The Latest