Pastrana statement

Bearuno
8/21/2018 3:12pm
gabrielito wrote:
It would have mad a cool Nitro Circus movie though, bummer.
It would Still make a cool video.

Just without the BS surrounding the Ronnie Mac 'character'.

Travis is, essentially Nitro Circus ( yes, I know it's a big / massive set up nowadays), so he could make sure they were a respectable, professional filming team. Hell, I can't imagine that their filming set up is nothing but a Respectable, Professional Filming Team. Perhaps the FIM /Youthstream just won't allow other filming crews - it's a common thing with most sporting events.

Though, I've not been able to find the last 2 MXDN /MXONs from 2016 and 2017, at all. Perhaps Luongo the Drongo priced the filming rights too bloody high? I suspect that is the case, and probably the reason - or part of it- with Nitro Circus not doing their Documentary. It's all about money, I reckon.
zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
8/21/2018 3:18pm
If my reading this correctly, Nitro Circus pulled out because of an interview (mxGeoff), that was most likely fake? Is there an actual interview from a credible source?
8/21/2018 3:22pm
So now that we've eliminated Ronnie Mac and saved the sport, when are we going to start enforcing a dress code? And, maybe we should prevent...
So now that we've eliminated Ronnie Mac and saved the sport, when are we going to start enforcing a dress code? And, maybe we should prevent our fans from giving foreign riders the middle finger, or screaming racial insults at riders parents. Let's clean this sport up and make it a gentlemen's sport like it was meant to be. A place where little Johnny or Mary will never have to be exposed to anything outside their comfort zone.
NateDawg wrote:
Who knew it would only take 1 fictional redneck not going to a mx race to cause so much butthurt, lol. When has professional motorcycle racing...
Who knew it would only take 1 fictional redneck not going to a mx race to cause so much butthurt, lol.

When has professional motorcycle racing EVER allowed something like this to happen? They haven't, not once. So stop being so salty because your YouTube pastime isn't getting to race.
Me butthurt? You've been crying about the situation for days. "Ronnie Mac is ruining motocross. It's no longer an elite sport." I don't give two shits about Ronnie Mac, what I do hate is whiny bitches complaining about everything with which they disagree. Don't like Ronnie Mac? Simple solution, don't watch his videos. His actions have no relevance to you, yet you (and several others) whine for days until he can't race. Bigger picture here, if somebody is not hurting anyone else, they should be able to do whatever they want.
Hman144
Fantasy
713th
8/21/2018 3:32pm
I think you could see in the announcement video featuring all three riders, RJ and the PR federation guy that TP was not exactly comfortable with the RMac persona and the stuff that went along with it as a part of their effort.

The Shop

zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
8/21/2018 3:32pm
So now that we've eliminated Ronnie Mac and saved the sport, when are we going to start enforcing a dress code? And, maybe we should prevent...
So now that we've eliminated Ronnie Mac and saved the sport, when are we going to start enforcing a dress code? And, maybe we should prevent our fans from giving foreign riders the middle finger, or screaming racial insults at riders parents. Let's clean this sport up and make it a gentlemen's sport like it was meant to be. A place where little Johnny or Mary will never have to be exposed to anything outside their comfort zone.
NateDawg wrote:
Who knew it would only take 1 fictional redneck not going to a mx race to cause so much butthurt, lol. When has professional motorcycle racing...
Who knew it would only take 1 fictional redneck not going to a mx race to cause so much butthurt, lol.

When has professional motorcycle racing EVER allowed something like this to happen? They haven't, not once. So stop being so salty because your YouTube pastime isn't getting to race.
Me butthurt? You've been crying about the situation for days. "Ronnie Mac is ruining motocross. It's no longer an elite sport." I don't give two shits...
Me butthurt? You've been crying about the situation for days. "Ronnie Mac is ruining motocross. It's no longer an elite sport." I don't give two shits about Ronnie Mac, what I do hate is whiny bitches complaining about everything with which they disagree. Don't like Ronnie Mac? Simple solution, don't watch his videos. His actions have no relevance to you, yet you (and several others) whine for days until he can't race. Bigger picture here, if somebody is not hurting anyone else, they should be able to do whatever they want.

8/21/2018 3:37pm
gabrielito wrote:
It would have mad a cool Nitro Circus movie though, bummer.
Bearuno wrote:
It would Still make a cool video. Just without the BS surrounding the Ronnie Mac 'character'. Travis is, essentially Nitro Circus ( yes, I know it's...
It would Still make a cool video.

Just without the BS surrounding the Ronnie Mac 'character'.

Travis is, essentially Nitro Circus ( yes, I know it's a big / massive set up nowadays), so he could make sure they were a respectable, professional filming team. Hell, I can't imagine that their filming set up is nothing but a Respectable, Professional Filming Team. Perhaps the FIM /Youthstream just won't allow other filming crews - it's a common thing with most sporting events.

Though, I've not been able to find the last 2 MXDN /MXONs from 2016 and 2017, at all. Perhaps Luongo the Drongo priced the filming rights too bloody high? I suspect that is the case, and probably the reason - or part of it- with Nitro Circus not doing their Documentary. It's all about money, I reckon.
I can assure you it was a pretty bang up film crew. But that's about all I have to say about this entire thing.

Happy debating everyone.
jamma10
8/21/2018 3:39pm
What stopped Ronnie Mac from entering any of the Nationals this year, or even a Dream Race?

He might well bring a bit of fun to the event but he didn’t belong on track at the MXdN, in my opinion.
plowboy
8/21/2018 3:48pm
Hman144 wrote:
I think you could see in the announcement video featuring all three riders, RJ and the PR federation guy that TP was not exactly comfortable with...
I think you could see in the announcement video featuring all three riders, RJ and the PR federation guy that TP was not exactly comfortable with the RMac persona and the stuff that went along with it as a part of their effort.
I had the same impression of that interview...Travis wasn't expecting or enjoying the off camera comments of "Ronnie Mac".

For the life of me, I can't fathom why they didn't have a plan of action, and announce that plan when finalized...instead of the cluster of confusion they unleashed. I'm not sure what they expected to happen. Lots of behind the scenes stuff we may never know.

I was NOT surprised to hear Travis say he had made a promise and would keep his word, "if allowed". He's crazy to the bone but as stand up a guy as has ever breathed.
Moto96
8/21/2018 4:04pm Edited Date/Time 8/21/2018 4:05pm
Solidkm wrote:
I am trying to catch up, but whats the deal with KDUB? Was he really selected, and why? Got to love Kdub, but there has to...
I am trying to catch up, but whats the deal with KDUB? Was he really selected, and why? Got to love Kdub, but there has to be faster options at the moment. I understand this team isnt about speed tho
I thought it was about 2 strokes, and now he's racing a 4 stroke? Cant they get a current fast dude on a 2 stroke?

zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
8/21/2018 4:11pm
Solidkm wrote:
I am trying to catch up, but whats the deal with KDUB? Was he really selected, and why? Got to love Kdub, but there has to...
I am trying to catch up, but whats the deal with KDUB? Was he really selected, and why? Got to love Kdub, but there has to be faster options at the moment. I understand this team isnt about speed tho
Moto96 wrote:
I thought it was about 2 strokes, and now he's racing a 4 stroke? Cant they get a current fast dude on a 2 stroke?

I think its more about exposure than 2 strokes. 2 strokes was to help the exposure, with Mac out, so is the 2 stroke team.
8/21/2018 4:14pm
Wow, some of you folks really are that dense. Those are called spectators. The embarrassment that is "Ronnie Mac" was intended to be a competitor on...
Wow, some of you folks really are that dense. Those are called spectators. The embarrassment that is "Ronnie Mac" was intended to be a competitor on a team representing an entire nation at what is supposed to be one of the most prestigious motocross events in the World. In that context, you should want the best example and representation for that particular nation. That is why these events exist in the first place.

The character of Ronnie Mac doesn't even represent the best the United States has to offer (let alone Puerto Rico). He represents the worst - which is a drunk, belligerent moron who insults people for fun, degrades women and makes a mockery of our sport and it's fanbase in general. Remind me how that applies to Puerto Rico again? Puerto Rico doesn't have moronic PBR drinking rednecks within their culture, last I checked.

Good god, why is that so hard to understand for some people? Motocross is a second tier sport for good reason - most of it's fanbase are complete ignorant fools.
"He represents the worst - which is a drunk, belligerent moron who insults people for fun, degrades women and makes a mockery of our sport and it's fanbase in general." Change sport to country and remove drunk and you basically described your president. And he sorta represents your country too.
MW19
8/21/2018 4:32pm
Wow, some of you folks really are that dense. Those are called spectators. The embarrassment that is "Ronnie Mac" was intended to be a competitor on...
Wow, some of you folks really are that dense. Those are called spectators. The embarrassment that is "Ronnie Mac" was intended to be a competitor on a team representing an entire nation at what is supposed to be one of the most prestigious motocross events in the World. In that context, you should want the best example and representation for that particular nation. That is why these events exist in the first place.

The character of Ronnie Mac doesn't even represent the best the United States has to offer (let alone Puerto Rico). He represents the worst - which is a drunk, belligerent moron who insults people for fun, degrades women and makes a mockery of our sport and it's fanbase in general. Remind me how that applies to Puerto Rico again? Puerto Rico doesn't have moronic PBR drinking rednecks within their culture, last I checked.

Good god, why is that so hard to understand for some people? Motocross is a second tier sport for good reason - most of it's fanbase are complete ignorant fools.
Rushton597 wrote:
"He represents the worst - which is a drunk, belligerent moron who insults people for fun, degrades women and makes a mockery of our sport and...
"He represents the worst - which is a drunk, belligerent moron who insults people for fun, degrades women and makes a mockery of our sport and it's fanbase in general." Change sport to country and remove drunk and you basically described your president. And he sorta represents your country too.
I couldn't agree more. The whole Ronnie thing going to MXoN is a huge joke for me and I'm glad he isn't going. Thats not that I want represented of my country or Puerto Rico.

On the other hand, having Pastrana is freaking awesome and I can't wait to see him back on the track! All time favorite on a dirt bike.
8/21/2018 4:42pm
Rushton597 wrote:
"He represents the worst - which is a drunk, belligerent moron who insults people for fun, degrades women and makes a mockery of our sport and...
JM485
8/21/2018 4:46pm
Me butthurt? You've been crying about the situation for days. "Ronnie Mac is ruining motocross. It's no longer an elite sport." I don't give two shits...
Just want to quote this for truth. . .

It's amazing to me how butthurt some of you losers got over a freaking race and fund raising effort. Guess it all worked out in the end for your though, no Ronnie, no documentary, and one less two stroke out there to mix things up. Guess you got what you wanted after all, hope you can sleep better tonight knowing the good name and sanctity of motocross was saved so you can keep the fantasy alive in your minds that you're somehow better than everyone else because you're into moto. That's really what this is about, right, what other people think of you and the precious "sport"?
peelout
8/21/2018 4:50pm
JM485 wrote:
Just want to quote this for truth. . . It's amazing to me how butthurt some of you losers got over a freaking race and fund...

It's amazing to me how butthurt some of you losers got over a freaking race and fund raising effort. Guess it all worked out in the end for your though, no Ronnie, no documentary, and one less two stroke out there to mix things up. Guess you got what you wanted after all, hope you can sleep better tonight knowing the good name and sanctity of motocross was saved so you can keep the fantasy alive in your minds that you're somehow better than everyone else because you're into moto. That's really what this is about, right, what other people think of you and the precious "sport"?
speaking of "what's good for the sport" i just want to point out that Honda should have quit making 125's in the 90's

Wink
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
8/21/2018 4:52pm Edited Date/Time 8/21/2018 4:56pm

Rushton597 wrote:
Was that really necessary?

Edit: When things get to this point, it's time to flush the thread and any thread like it that follows. ML or GuyB, we need a clean up!
Crush
8/21/2018 4:53pm
Bit dumb Nitro film pulled out.

Who the fuck is watching that for Ronnie? We're all watching it for Pastrana. I see Ronnie every week on insta. Pastrana is a living legend.
JM485
8/21/2018 5:02pm
JM485 wrote:
Just want to quote this for truth. . . It's amazing to me how butthurt some of you losers got over a freaking race and fund...

peelout wrote:
speaking of "what's good for the sport" i just want to point out that Honda should have quit making 125's in the 90's

Wink
Hey bro, any advise for coming out to your friends and family when you think you might buy a KTM? Would consulting some quad riders about how they told their parents help? Asking for a friend bro. . .
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
8/21/2018 5:10pm

You love talking down to people and insulting fans of the sport so much it’s incredible you choose to stick around. Well, under different user names at least.
ledger
8/21/2018 5:17pm
Looking fwd to what Ronnie Mac has to say, now that he's the most popular man in the Moto world.
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4434th
8/21/2018 5:22pm
This sport may be unmatched in its expert ability to sabotage itself.
milliebays
8/21/2018 5:29pm
Rushton597 wrote:
[img]https://cdn.mtlblog.com/u/2017/12/15/15194f3084bd1fdf9b3b5e5f6807acc7c53a1650.jpg_1200x630.jpg[/img]
bwahahaa this is gold.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
8/21/2018 5:35pm
When I go to the track, I usually see a lot of good people riding and hanging out enjoying themselves. If you need a part or something due to a break down, inevitably you can find someone that will gladly help. I end up talking to some people and having a nice time in between motos. I usually think to myself "man this sport is a tight knit community of just nice people. It's like a family of people with the same passion.".

Then I see threads like this and think to myself "what the fuck?". Nothing in particular regarding the actual incident, but some of the comments in this thread just make me think "what the fuck?".
ledger
8/21/2018 5:44pm
All this Ronnie Mac bullshit probably could've been avoided if he would have left Ronnie Mac in the barn.
Flip109
8/21/2018 5:50pm
TbonesPop wrote:
When I go to the track, I usually see a lot of good people riding and hanging out enjoying themselves. If you need a part or...
When I go to the track, I usually see a lot of good people riding and hanging out enjoying themselves. If you need a part or something due to a break down, inevitably you can find someone that will gladly help. I end up talking to some people and having a nice time in between motos. I usually think to myself "man this sport is a tight knit community of just nice people. It's like a family of people with the same passion.".

Then I see threads like this and think to myself "what the fuck?". Nothing in particular regarding the actual incident, but some of the comments in this thread just make me think "what the fuck?".
Because grown ass men don’t act like this in public duh lol!

I’ve never in my 25 years at the track heard anything like the shit that gets spewed on here amongst fellow riders. Ive seen people get into arguments over a race move but that’s it. The effort people put into arguing and bitching on here is pretty sad/funny. Guess we all gotta vent somewhere Laughing
twnorton
8/21/2018 5:53pm
Motox627! wrote:
Remind me again how Ronnie Mac is worse than a bunch of fucking chain saws? This is a prestigious event, remember. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/08/21/281947/s1200_148199_fans_france_mxon_2016_rx_7594.jpg[/img]
Remind me again how Ronnie Mac is worse than a bunch of fucking chain saws? This is a prestigious event, remember.

Found the liberal.
8/21/2018 5:56pm
Absolutely insane how this sideshow, that’s going to be a complete non-factor as far as the results go, is overshadowing the Tomac/Herlings showdown.
motomike137
8/21/2018 5:56pm
For me I just see it as more of a stunt and not a great fit for this event.It is admirable that Travis claims it will be for charity. But what was the plan for raising funds and how much are they really going to raise? Sorry but to me it is just a sideshow.
smee113
8/21/2018 6:07pm
Is anyone really surprised the FIM won't allow a FICTIONAL character to race a professional event?

What other real sport would have allowed that?
8/21/2018 6:13pm
This sport may be unmatched in its expert ability to sabotage itself.
It's honestly impressive. The people that run this sport just can't seem to get out of their own way. Who knows how big moto could have actually gotten if it was kept affordable at the grass roots level and corporate greed didn't interfere every step of the way.

Post a reply to: Pastrana statement

The Latest