Pastrana statement

adamdf
8/21/2018 1:11pm
GuyB wrote:
Travis has his heart in the right place. Full Speed Ahead. Next stop? RedBud (with some training between now and then.)
Well said, agreed!
VRR7
8/21/2018 1:13pm
Why did Travis not just lend Ronnie a Full Face Helmet and some pants ?
motogrady
8/21/2018 1:15pm Edited Date/Time 8/21/2018 1:17pm
JRT812 wrote:
So they won’t be doing a video now because Mac is off the team?
Donovan759 wrote:
No, I don't think that's what he's saying. Its not just Ronnie Mac that the industry is pissed about. Its about the involvement of Nitro Circus...
No, I don't think that's what he's saying. Its not just Ronnie Mac that the industry is pissed about. Its about the involvement of Nitro Circus. So to keep the peace, he is no longer inviting along the nitro film crew to make a video about the experience.
Yeah, that's what I got out of the FIM interview.
They want a family type of event. The official says straight out, Ronnie Mack might go good with the likes of Nitro.
But it's not what they are about.

If Nitro is the division that handles video production, and the powers that be don't really want their kind, I'd do the same.
I'd pull them too.

Let some other politically correct entity, approved by the "lets keep it nice crowd", step up to the plate.

It's what we all want anyway, it's the right thing to do, isn't it?

The Shop

Motox627!
8/21/2018 1:16pm
Remind me again how Ronnie Mac is worse than a bunch of fucking chain saws? This is a prestigious event, remember.
kage173
8/21/2018 1:17pm
Much adoo about nothing. Everybody will be fine. Ronnie Mac will be fine. Travis Pastrana will be fine. Ryan Sipes will be fine. Puerto Rico will be fine. FIM will be fine. But most of all....I will be fine.

WoohooWoohooWoohooWoohoo
TXDirt
Motox627! wrote:
Remind me again how Ronnie Mac is worse than a bunch of fucking chain saws? This is a prestigious event, remember. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/08/21/281947/s1200_148199_fans_france_mxon_2016_rx_7594.jpg[/img]
Remind me again how Ronnie Mac is worse than a bunch of fucking chain saws? This is a prestigious event, remember.
Did you pay to see these guys?
gabrielito
It would have mad a cool Nitro Circus movie though, bummer.
motogrady
8/21/2018 1:19pm
VRR7 wrote:

Well, it seems Ronnie may have crossed the line at Budds with more than just gear.
Or so goes the rumor.
And again, the FIM can't have that.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
8/21/2018 1:20pm
VRR7 wrote:
motogrady wrote:
Well, it seems Ronnie may have crossed the line at Budds with more than just gear. Or so goes the rumor. And again, the FIM can't...

Well, it seems Ronnie may have crossed the line at Budds with more than just gear.
Or so goes the rumor.
Still waiting to hear what happened.....
Donovan759
8/21/2018 1:21pm
JRT812 wrote:
Donovan759 wrote:
No, I don't think that's what he's saying. Its not just Ronnie Mac that the industry is pissed about. Its about the involvement of Nitro Circus...
No, I don't think that's what he's saying. Its not just Ronnie Mac that the industry is pissed about. Its about the involvement of Nitro Circus. So to keep the peace, he is no longer inviting along the nitro film crew to make a video about the experience.
motogrady wrote:
Yeah, that's what I got out of the FIM interview. They want a family type of event. The official says straight out, Ronnie Mack might go...
They want a family type of event. The official says straight out, Ronnie Mack might go good with the likes of Nitro.

If Nitro is the division that handles video production, and the powers that be don't really want their kind, I'd do the same.
I'd pull them too.

Let some other politically correct entity, approved by the "lets keep it nice crowd", step up to the plate.

I agree with you but I think the powers at be are making an unfair judgement towards the Nitro crew.

Which is a shame, because the fans are going to suffer from it by not getting to see the unique take on the 2018 MXdN that the Nitro video crew would have captured. That's what sucks about all this IMO.

But at the same time, I believe it all could have been avoided if Ronnie Mac wasn't involved from the get go.
Bramlett321
8/21/2018 1:21pm
JRT812 wrote:
Donovan759 wrote:
motogrady wrote:
Yeah, that's what I got out of the FIM interview. They want a family type of event. The official says straight out, Ronnie Mack might go...

I'd pull them too.

That changes things, I wasn't aware of an FIM interview that stated all of that. Pull Ronnie, but hell leave Nitro Circus alone, all they're doing is making a filming of the experience. That's a little too "goodie goodie" I guess. Like Travis said it's turned into a shit show now.
motogrady
8/21/2018 1:22pm
Motox627! wrote:
Remind me again how Ronnie Mac is worse than a bunch of fucking chain saws? This is a prestigious event, remember. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/08/21/281947/s1200_148199_fans_france_mxon_2016_rx_7594.jpg[/img]

Hey my friend, did you see the drunk leprechauns rolling down the hill at Budds Creek?
Or the Brit fans so drunk they couldn't stand up?
Or those arrogant Americans running around yelling USA! USA!

I can not believe the sport recovered from it.
motogrady
8/21/2018 1:25pm
VRR7 wrote:
motogrady wrote:
Well, it seems Ronnie may have crossed the line at Budds with more than just gear. Or so goes the rumor. And again, the FIM can't...

Or so goes the rumor.
mattyhamz2 wrote:

And you probably won't.
Motox627!
8/21/2018 1:25pm
Motox627! wrote:
motogrady wrote:
Hey my friend, did you see the drunk leprechauns rolling down the hill at Budds Creek? Or the Brit fans so drunk they couldn't stand up...

Hey my friend, did you see the drunk leprechauns rolling down the hill at Budds Creek?

Sounds like a fucking good time! I love our sport and have been riding and racing for 25 years - but at the end of the day, we are riding dirt bikes! Everyone calm down!
Fourth_Floor
8/21/2018 1:42pm
VRR7 wrote:
motogrady wrote:

Or so goes the rumor.
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I think he tried singing a Luke Bryan song...
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
8/21/2018 1:46pm
motogrady wrote:

Or so goes the rumor.
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I think he tried singing a Luke Bryan song...
LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing
JustMX
8/21/2018 1:54pm
hillbilly wrote:
I bet he don't get lapped and land on the leaders head on the last lap at the checkers.
Come on dave,

Maybe the leader won't almost come to a complete stop and change lines on a blind jump.

Situational awareness.

Anderson has matured a lot and it was cool seeing him win the sx title but incidents exiting or off the track.have cost him dearly.
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
8/21/2018 2:02pm Edited Date/Time 8/21/2018 2:05pm
Payup_199 wrote:
in a Phil Nicoletti voice... "liberals".

Still cant wait to see Travis race again! Win, lose, crash, or front flip, we are all excited!
Liberals? Are you serious? It was the tightass, better than thou, elitists that were the problem.
Exactly, that’s why he said Liberals

Can’t wait to see TP and KW back on the track again. Glad the clown is not going to be on the team. Sipes will be a solid 3rd member
mxpro252
8/21/2018 2:04pm
Boy I rarely break out the old thumbs down but some of the comments in this thread made me dust the thing off. Some of you really should get out more and get over yourselves.
.kyle
8/21/2018 2:06pm
Given that the original idea was to race 2st's, I can't see the point in KDub racing a boring ass 4joke. Step up or step out, imo.

I've got nothing against KDub, but they'd have been better with Mike Brown or Ryno as that way they could have done the decent thing and kept it all 2stroke.

What would be cool is for KDub and TP to dust off their 2001 factory RM's.
Mucktub
8/21/2018 2:07pm Edited Date/Time 8/21/2018 5:14pm
motogrady wrote:
Hey my friend, did you see the drunk leprechauns rolling down the hill at Budds Creek? Or the Brit fans so drunk they couldn't stand up...

I imagine we will see a repeat of all this at Red Bud. Can't wait. In some respects this is where social media and the quick delivery of news spoils things.

I'm guessing they made the announcement before having the correct discussions with the powers that be. Permission will need to be sought before filming takes place at any professional event. It's a massive shame to me though. Sense of humour seems to be waning with a lot of you guys, you'll know us when you see us, we'll be the English blokes laughing all weekend regardless.
deluxeman
8/21/2018 2:14pm
Just because it is a good cause doesn't make it a good idea. If you have no chance at even making the main, and it is a made for TV event then you have to write it off as a publicity stunt. I don't think there is a place at the MXd for this.

peelout
8/21/2018 2:34pm
what's the deal with Nitro pulling out of the docu deal? that one struck me as weird.

i thought Travis WAS NitroCircus... if not for his amazing set of gonads NitroCircus wouldn't be a thing.
gabrielito
8/21/2018 2:35pm
It doesn't matter to me how people make money as long as their interests don't conflict with mine.... but the whole raise money for Puerto Rico comes across somewhat as a means to make the Nitro Circus movie and give Travis a good tax break. Did they say what charity they are working with?
GODZILLA
8/21/2018 2:37pm
Liberals? Are you serious? It was the tightass, better than thou, elitists that were the problem.
No ass would have stayed tight for long with Ronnie Mac around.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
8/21/2018 2:38pm
peelout wrote:
what's the deal with Nitro pulling out of the docu deal? that one struck me as weird. i thought Travis WAS NitroCircus... if not for his...
what's the deal with Nitro pulling out of the docu deal? that one struck me as weird.

i thought Travis WAS NitroCircus... if not for his amazing set of gonads NitroCircus wouldn't be a thing.
Maybe they figured it wouldn't be as entertaining without Ronnie? I found that odd myself
GODZILLA
8/21/2018 2:42pm
Motox627! wrote:
TXDirt wrote:
Did you pay to see these guys?
I'd pay to send them home.
cdm806
Fantasy
1404th
8/21/2018 3:00pm
I just hope Travis doesn't ragdoll himself like he did in 2001 at Unadilla on the staircase section.
8/21/2018 3:08pm Edited Date/Time 8/21/2018 3:17pm
Motox627! wrote:
Wow, some of you folks really are that dense. Those are called spectators. The embarrassment that is "Ronnie Mac" was intended to be a competitor on a team representing an entire nation at what is supposed to be one of the most prestigious motocross events in the World. In that context, you should want the best example and representation for that particular nation. That is why these events exist in the first place.

The character of Ronnie Mac doesn't even represent the best the United States has to offer (let alone Puerto Rico). He represents the worst - which is a drunk, belligerent moron who insults people for fun, degrades women and makes a mockery of our sport and it's fanbase in general. Remind me how that applies to Puerto Rico again? Puerto Rico doesn't have moronic PBR drinking rednecks within their culture, last I checked.

Good god, why is that so hard to understand for some people? Motocross is a second tier sport for good reason - most of it's fanbase are complete ignorant fools.

Post a reply to: Pastrana statement

The Latest