Pastrana on Team Puerto Rico?

BR8ES
8/11/2018 4:10pm
Exactly, no harm, no foul. Maybe take the "I eat ass" decal off and wear a full face lid for Albertson, Sipes is very well known and Pastrana is a legend. This team will finish well, give fans something to drink to and cheer for other than their country. What is not to like? I am old and all about tradition, but this would be kool AF. 2 strokes too, why the hell not?
plowboy
8/11/2018 4:13pm
Very true. I admit the Japanese rider (who's name I can't seem to remember for the life of me) was a bad example as I can't...
Very true. I admit the Japanese rider (who's name I can't seem to remember for the life of me) was a bad example as I can't deny in that situation Jason deserves at least a decent chunk of the blame. Hope you're having a good afternoon!
plowboy wrote:
:) yep, got the chores done and the grill is warming up. Had planned on smoking a brisket today but got informed I was taking the...
Smile yep, got the chores done and the grill is warming up. Had planned on smoking a brisket today but got informed I was taking the granddaughter school clothes shopping. Will get up at 4 am (normal time) and get the smoker stabilized at 225 and try that Texas recipe. Tonight is just rat on a stick (boneless skinless chicken thighs) marinated in Hawaiian teriyaki, oniony Mac and cheese, garden salad. Hope your evening is as goodCheerful
-MAVERICK- wrote:
You know where to post the pic lol.
Pics over in non-moto.
Aryen
8/11/2018 4:36pm
What a f@ckin’ disgrace to send these guys, especially that clown Ronnie Mac. Not racers, circus artists. What if someone gets injured due to one of these guys?
Gukamonster
8/11/2018 4:40pm Edited Date/Time 8/11/2018 4:46pm
Pastrana was a legitimate on track safety hazard after he quit racing full time in 2003. There is zero chance he can complete a 35 minute moto at competitive speed and certainly not 2.

He had 2 good years in him at 16-17 years old, and suffered about 5 concussions and several blown out knees in ‘01-‘02-‘03.

The only 450 national he actually finished at the checkered flag was a one-off race at Southwick in 2006, which he did on a lost bet type dare from fellow Suzuki pal Davi Millsaps.

38th first practice, 44th the second. Made the show only because a rule allowed past champions automatic entry.

Moto 1 - 36th, DNF after 9 laps

http://www.americanmotocrossresults.com/live/archives/mx/2006/03-southw…

Moto 2 - 29th, lapped twice, beat only 1 other guy still circulating at the end.

That was the last time he attempted a professional Motocross race, 12 years ago. Was 22 then, it won’t be pretty in 2018.

The Shop

BR8ES
8/11/2018 4:41pm
Sure Aryen, because they are going to be given special treatment to stay in character. I hope someone thinks of the children and prevents this injury inducing plague mass.
mwr
8/11/2018 4:49pm Edited Date/Time 8/11/2018 4:50pm
"Pastrana was a legitimate on track safety hazard after he quit racing full time in 2003. There is zero chance he can complete a 35 minute moto at competitive speed and certainly not 2."

Well, that puts Team Puerto Rico ahead of many smaller countries' teams, who don't have a rider who could put in even one lap at competitive speed. If they suck, they might end up in the B final. They might even win that. That would be funny.
Matt Fisher
Fantasy
1117th
8/11/2018 4:53pm
Err, what's Jimmy Ronnie Albertson Mac going to ride? I don't think his 99 CR250 is legal to race anymore. Actually, since 199 is a Suzuki rider and I think the last year they sold the RM250 was 2012 (in Australia?), won't Travis have the same problem?

I'm guessing it's a promotional stunt more than anything else.
ATKpilot99
8/11/2018 4:53pm
Pastrana was a legitimate on track safety hazard after he quit racing full time in 2003. There is zero chance he can complete a 35 minute...
Pastrana was a legitimate on track safety hazard after he quit racing full time in 2003. There is zero chance he can complete a 35 minute moto at competitive speed and certainly not 2.

He had 2 good years in him at 16-17 years old, and suffered about 5 concussions and several blown out knees in ‘01-‘02-‘03.

The only 450 national he actually finished at the checkered flag was a one-off race at Southwick in 2006, which he did on a lost bet type dare from fellow Suzuki pal Davi Millsaps.

38th first practice, 44th the second. Made the show only because a rule allowed past champions automatic entry.

Moto 2 - 29th, lapped twice, beat only 1 other guy still circulating at the end.

That was the last time he attempted a professional Motocross race, 12 years ago. Was 22 then, it won’t be pretty in 2018.
Well then they won't make the A final. Problem solved.
harescrambled
Fantasy
1942nd
8/11/2018 5:02pm
Pastrana was a legitimate on track safety hazard after he quit racing full time in 2003. There is zero chance he can complete a 35 minute...

You're bagging on guys who have qualified for, and some have won, pro SX/MX races, and a perpetual top 20 guy. Unless you have done even one of the above, you don't have the right so STFU
APLMAN99
8/11/2018 5:19pm
Err, what's Jimmy Ronnie Albertson Mac going to ride? I don't think his 99 CR250 is legal to race anymore. Actually, since 199 is a Suzuki...
Err, what's Jimmy Ronnie Albertson Mac going to ride? I don't think his 99 CR250 is legal to race anymore. Actually, since 199 is a Suzuki rider and I think the last year they sold the RM250 was 2012 (in Australia?), won't Travis have the same problem?

FIM race, no production rule......
kwebster447
8/11/2018 5:19pm
Err, what's Jimmy Ronnie Albertson Mac going to ride? I don't think his 99 CR250 is legal to race anymore. Actually, since 199 is a Suzuki...

I was also wondering what the FIM rules are for this. GuyB? ML?
Caldoo_856
8/11/2018 5:23pm
Aryen wrote:
What a f@ckin’ disgrace to send these guys, especially that clown Ronnie Mac. Not racers, circus artists. What if someone gets injured due to one of...
What a f@ckin’ disgrace to send these guys, especially that clown Ronnie Mac. Not racers, circus artists. What if someone gets injured due to one of these guys?
Settle
SCR
8/11/2018 5:24pm
Aryen wrote:
What a f@ckin’ disgrace to send these guys, especially that clown Ronnie Mac. Not racers, circus artists. What if someone gets injured due to one of...
What if someone gets injured due to the fact motocross racing is a dangerous thing to do ?
What if one of those kamikaze guys from Japan tries to crash land on another American ?

Don't panic. These guys are professionals.
No different than dozens of other retired pros coming back to race a National when their not in top form.
I just hope one of these guys shows up on a 500.
Kawi15
8/11/2018 5:24pm
Kawi15 wrote:
They should have a legitimate US team for Puerto Rico like Baggett, Webb, and Amart
APLMAN99 wrote:
Maybe Guam can send those guys as their team...…. Maybe we could line up a few more... Samoa Northern Mariana Islands US Virgin Islands And we...
Maybe Guam can send those guys as their team...….

Maybe we could line up a few more...

Samoa
Northern Mariana Islands
US Virgin Islands
And we may even be able to stretch and send a team to represent the tiny bit of land we have at Guantanamo Bay.
Hey, I hear what you are saying and to a point I agree with you, but I was not the one with the great idea to send a second US team from one of our provinces. I am only saying that I do not think Pastrana, Sipes, and that Funny\Satirical\Idiot guy can even make the A Program at the MXON. Why send them like that? They might as well send a team that has a shot at the A Program.
BR8ES
8/11/2018 5:27pm
Kawi15 wrote:
They should have a legitimate US team for Puerto Rico like Baggett, Webb, and Amart
APLMAN99 wrote:
Maybe Guam can send those guys as their team...…. Maybe we could line up a few more... Samoa Northern Mariana Islands US Virgin Islands And we...

Samoa
Northern Mariana Islands
US Virgin Islands
And we may even be able to stretch and send a team to represent the tiny bit of land we have at Guantanamo Bay.
Kawi15 wrote:
Hey, I hear what you are saying and to a point I agree with you, but I was not the one with the great idea to...
Hey, I hear what you are saying and to a point I agree with you, but I was not the one with the great idea to send a second US team from one of our provinces. I am only saying that I do not think Pastrana, Sipes, and that Funny\Satirical\Idiot guy can even make the A Program at the MXON. Why send them like that? They might as well send a team that has a shot at the A Program.
They may make it... you think they have less of a shot then some of the other countries. They will probably beat Russia, etc.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
8/11/2018 5:27pm
I have mixed feelings on this. I love Pastrana, but this is a serious race - the largest in US history. Hope he takes it as such. I dig Sipes and have no issue with him racing, especially a smoker. Ronnie Mac cracks me up, but this isn't a circus event. It's the largest moto event in our country. I hope these guys take things seriously and train hard for this, and not make it a spectacle. Had it been Sipes, Stankdog, and RV all on 2 strokes, I'd be completely jacked up for it. I just don't want this to be a circus.
APLMAN99
8/11/2018 5:28pm
Kawi15 wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:

Samoa
Northern Mariana Islands
US Virgin Islands
Kawi15 wrote:
Hey, I hear what you are saying and to a point I agree with you, but I was not the one with the great idea to...
I was being sarcastic.

I think it's silly and can't actually believe that they'll end up racing.
brocster
8/11/2018 5:41pm Edited Date/Time 8/11/2018 5:42pm
Great move to build some hype (red budders are some stars and stripes kinda folks), build some Public Relations for the sport, generate some funds for Puerto Rico (i.e.good PR) and rev the eff out of every two stroke motohead out there. However, actually racing, not so much.... would be like sending the Harlem Globe Trotters to the Olympics as the basketball team for Puerto Rico
put_chug
8/11/2018 5:58pm Edited Date/Time 8/12/2018 2:37am
Bet all you haters will be following all three of these guys come MXDN.
TXDirt
8/11/2018 6:01pm
Hopefully a joke because that team would be.
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
8/11/2018 6:06pm
What bike will Ronnie ride ? Is his bike legal to race, or is a newer/ modern bike on his horizon ?

I’m wondering how Husky feels about this team ?
Joko
Fantasy
233rd
8/11/2018 6:20pm Edited Date/Time 8/11/2018 6:21pm
Can Pastrana race the RM-zilla? Maybe Ronnie Mac will be played by Steinke, TP mentioned him at today’s race, and it RMac sounded a little different than usual with a shaved down stash in the vid clip...?
APLMAN99
8/11/2018 6:47pm
langhammx wrote:
What bike will Ronnie ride ? Is his bike legal to race, or is a newer/ modern bike on his horizon ? I’m wondering how Husky...
What bike will Ronnie ride ? Is his bike legal to race, or is a newer/ modern bike on his horizon ?

I’m wondering how Husky feels about this team ?
Legal to race? I think you could technically build a frankenbike in your garage and it'd be legal in FIM/GP racing.
doofy
8/11/2018 7:06pm
Man what a bunch of whiners.

Imagine the roar of the crowd when Ronnie send the leap with the front end pointed to the sky
Texas Built
8/11/2018 7:16pm
Best idea in 20 years. If it offends thin skinned millennials, it's even better.
aeffertz
8/11/2018 7:17pm
You guys complaining realize they need to qualify right? If they qualify in, they are more than eligible to race and have earned a spot out there. If it’s true, holy shit I am so excited!

I never liked the idea of sending the rest of our top guys as a B team for PR. THIS IS AWESOME. two strokes, RedBud, MXoN, and TP199?! How anyone could argue this is beyond me. I will say I hope it’s just Jimmy showing up and not his character. But even if it is, bring it on. MXoN just got even more exciting.
Texas Built
8/11/2018 7:21pm
TXDirt wrote:
Hopefully a joke because that team would be.

They won't come in last. So what are you going to call the people they whip?
cbuehler767
8/11/2018 7:29pm

You're bagging on guys who have qualified for, and some have won, pro SX/MX races, and a perpetual top 20 guy. Unless you have done even...
You're bagging on guys who have qualified for, and some have won, pro SX/MX races, and a perpetual top 20 guy. Unless you have done even one of the above, you don't have the right so STFU
All he did was post facts. Even if they were opinions only pro's can give opinions of other pro's?
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
8/11/2018 7:33pm
ok 2 things,

you need an international FIM licence to compete at the Des Nations, and a passport of the country you are competing for,
so that means the AMA, and the FIM have to give Ronnie Mac a licence, and he has to get a passport, presumabling in the same name,

as for qualifying, the average points you need to qualify for the des nations A main is 28, they are 20 min plus 2 qualifying races, so i think Sipes can get close a top 15 on the 125, but that means one of the other guys needs to be around 12-14th at least, will be a big ask, but I dont think making the A main is the point for this side show,

Post a reply to: Pastrana on Team Puerto Rico?

The Latest