Passing Barcia

Related:
Create New Tag

2/3/2021 6:52 AM

Do you have to be willing to die?

|

2/3/2021 7:01 AM

Barcia and Tomac had a great race last night. We were at the race, and there were a couple times Tomas went in on Barcia, that looked sketchy to me. There is ZERO wrong with how Barcia is riding right now.

|

2/3/2021 7:05 AM

crowe660 wrote:

I'm trying to put myself in the rider's shoes... If you pass Barcia you risk him taking you out in the next corner. If you take him out, you risk him coming back at you in the next race. But, for the top guys, maybe its not worth the risk? Is Barcia so much of a title threat that you're willing to risk being taken out by him? I dunno. If you want to pass him, you have to do it like Kenny did last night. Go in hard, and get gone. You could see Barcia trying to cut up the inside to Roczen to get him back, and if he was closer he might have held Roczen up.

|

2/3/2021 7:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/3/2021 7:06 AM

You gotta have a temper or balls to get into it with Barcia. JA used to bang bars with him. Mookie eventually retaliated. I bet Cooper would take him out. Roczen has had too many injuries and Tomac(bless his heart) almost doesn't know how to race dirty. I bet Ferrandis would take him out. Maybe Marv but he's probably over the injuries too. Hannah and Barcia would have been fun.

|

2/3/2021 7:10 AM

Not as good of a roadblock as Emig used to be... but not too far off.. LOL

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

2/3/2021 7:12 AM

You have to have sprint speed like Kenny to pull away after pass. BamBam takes it personally even if you pass him clean. Matthes called Barcia a rabid honey badger after he’s passed. Sounds about right. That attitude got him 2nd though instead of 3rd.

|

2/3/2021 7:18 AM

So Barcia held off Tomac last night and Tomac could have definitely forced the issue at one point for 2nd. And he held off Roczen Houston 1 where Kenny could have forced the issue for the win. So in the battle between Tomac and Roczen their point sacrifice was similar.

|

2/3/2021 7:18 AM

I don’t know if Barcia’s fitness is better this season, or he’s just able to ride the Gas Gas harder for longer.. Either way, if I’m Tomac, and it’s late in the race and I come up on a podium position Barcia, I’m thinking, I have a kid now and I’m too old to be messing with this weirdo. If Kenny doesn’t get it done in the first few lap sprint he typically does, I wonder if he’s willing to go there late in a race too..

Either way, this is shaping up awesome.

|

2/3/2021 7:20 AM

Eli is playing the long game, the cream is rising to the top, no need to get into a nuke fight with anyone this early in the series.

|

2/3/2021 7:21 AM

Passing Barcia is like messing with a firework that won’t go off..

|

2/3/2021 7:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/3/2021 7:24 AM

I wonder why tomac didnt try the same move he pulled on Cianciarulo in the main; he kept showing Barcia some wheels in very weird spots, where a pass was unlikely to happen IMO

|

2/3/2021 7:28 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/3/2021 7:31 AM

What’s with the old comments?? Isn’t Barcia older than all these dudes (worried about getting hurt cuz there old).. I think it’s refreshing that the dude rides hard and aggressive..
also when your buddy in the local vet class passes you don’t you guys say to yourself “fuck that he isn’t passing me” and push harder?? I have taken many buddies high or block passed the shit out of them... not trying to kill them but the competitiveness comes out.. and this is for bragging rights and a plastic trophy😂😂😂 if there was podium money on the line I would take out my mom😂😂😂😂😂

|

2/3/2021 7:35 AM

crowe660 wrote:

This is 100% correct, and funny as hell.

|

Go Hawks!

2/3/2021 7:39 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/3/2021 7:40 AM

Barcia is definitely seeing red at all times when he is on the track. I don’t think Eli ever got quite close enough on the triple to try that block pass.

I love watching Eli but his race craft is his weakness. He wins on pure speed. If he had Webb’s caginess he would be unstoppable. He struggles to make passes when he is just a tick faster then someone. Unlike Webb who is so good at understand what the guy in front wants to do and how he can get in there way to make the pass.

|

2/3/2021 7:41 AM

crowe660 wrote:

Didn't AC say something like this in an interview last year?

|

"Who cares about what other people think"

2/3/2021 7:41 AM

Is it worth crashing and losing lots of points or simple finish a spot back and a few points. It’s early in the season for ET. He usually over 30 points back about now and getting ready to attack. Those Atlanta tracks look like Eli style and there’s Daytona. Regardless season been entertaining.

|

2/3/2021 7:44 AM

The idea that any competitive racer is not trying to pass Barcia for points because of what his reaction might be is kind of ludicrous. Maybe - maybe- later if the points are not needed

|

Twitter: @ftemoto
Instagram: @mstusiak

2/3/2021 7:52 AM

FreshTopEnd wrote:

The idea that any competitive racer is not trying to pass Barcia for points because of what his reaction might be is kind of ludicrous. Maybe - maybe- later if the points are not needed

Don’t think it’s that they aren’t trying to pass they just don’t want to have to get a in a fist fight to do it in some cases. Barcia is def fucking crazy and the way he was riding last night Eli would of had to been real aggressive to get by him, not worth the risk

|

2/3/2021 8:05 AM

crowe660 wrote:

Nice description....imo it's all part of racing. Barcia is a tough one to get around and then proceed to gap. But this is a very necessary skill because Barcia gets decent starts and he can run the pace in the beginning.

|

2/3/2021 8:16 AM

Whenever Tomac tried to put it up the inside in a turn, Barcia would rail the outside at warp speed and beat him on exit. Great to watch.

|

Name withheld... Esquire

2/3/2021 8:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/3/2021 8:19 AM

When he gets passed he immediately tries to pass back. He attacks before the passer has a chance to settle in. I think it's a good strategy. He rode awesome to keep Tomac behind him last night. That's hard to do!

|

2/3/2021 8:23 AM

Is it just me or did everyone miss where Eli made it clear, last week, he's throwing it all out there...?

Also, it seems to me that there are a few guys that've turned up their game. Barcia's just one of them.

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

2/3/2021 8:23 AM

If Barscia could ride as fast the entire race as he does when trying to block or retaliate for a pass he'd probably have a 450 championship to his name by now.

|

2018 CRF250R

2/3/2021 8:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/3/2021 8:27 AM

I think Tomac remembers how crazy Barcia went last year when Eli was hunting for his first title. I’m sure it worried Tomac any time he was close to Barcia, wondering if Barcia would go mental and ruin his title bid. I’d struggle to decide to make a block pass on Barcia as well.

|

2/3/2021 8:28 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/3/2021 8:28 AM

All this talk about road blocking when he ended up pulling away from Eli. The name on the jersey sure writes the narrative for a lot of people around here...

As mentioned, Eli got close and showed him the wheel several times and Barcia basically railed the outsides to avoid being passed and ultimately got in the clear. Good hard racing.

|

2/3/2021 8:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/3/2021 8:33 AM

seth505 wrote:

All this talk about road blocking when he ended up pulling away from Eli. The name on the jersey sure writes the narrative for a lot of people around here...

As mentioned, Eli got close and showed him the wheel several times and Barcia basically railed the outsides to avoid being passed and ultimately got in the clear. Good hard racing.

Barcia pulled away on the last lap or 2nd to last because a lapped blocked Eli’s entry into the whoops. I don’t think Tomac was gonna get him but it was pretty clear Eli lost a bunch of time from the lapper

|

2/3/2021 8:36 AM

seth505 wrote:

soggy wrote:

Barcia pulled away on the last lap or 2nd to last because a lapped blocked Eli’s entry into the whoops. I don’t think Tomac was gonna get him but it was pretty clear Eli lost a bunch of time from the lapper

Yes, Barcia beat Eli for 2nd, nothing more nothing less. If that was Webb it would be deemed race craft, if it's Barcia then it's seen as Eli should have but couldn't pass.

|

2/3/2021 8:37 AM

What Tomac did was smart IMO. You know Barcia is going to try to take out anyone who gets near him so why even risk it when you also know he will likely be 10th place the next race or something.

|

2/3/2021 8:42 AM

seth505 wrote:

Yes, Barcia beat Eli for 2nd, nothing more nothing less. If that was Webb it would be deemed race craft, if it's Barcia then it's seen as Eli should have but couldn't pass.

>If that was Webb it would be deemed race craft

This actually got a good chuckle outta me; Vital has become the worst place on the internet for hive mind these days. People make their minds up before the races even start.

|

If it can't be fixed with a hammer, it's an electrical problem.

2/3/2021 8:46 AM

soggy wrote:

seth505 wrote:

SeaClassExpert wrote:

>If that was Webb it would be deemed race craft

This actually got a good chuckle outta me; Vital has become the worst place on the internet for hive mind these days. People make their minds up before the races even start.

Yes, some people do. "Some people" on Vital, that is.

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.