Parts Availibility for New Bikes?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/25/2018 7:31 PM

So i just broke down and bought a 19 kawi 450. I have noticed that the oem parts lists and diagrams are no where to be found yet and was curious on how long (on average) does it take for this to be availible.

Also on a side note, approximately how long will it take before aftermarket companies, especially suspension companies, to get their R&D and stock complete on these types of new (generation wise) bikes?

Thanks to all!

|

6/25/2018 8:05 PM

zb658 wrote:

So i just broke down and bought a 19 kawi 450. I have noticed that the oem parts lists and diagrams are no where to be found ...more

the parts normally arrive by the time the bikes do, parts lists are not online straight away but dealers will usually have them before the bikes,

|

6/25/2018 9:18 PM

OE parts shouldn't take too long but aftermarket plastics can take months, unfortunately. Same with additional performance pieces, linkages, exhausts, etc; Just the way with brand-new models. With regard to suspension, most shops should be able to get the newer generation 49mm Showa forks close straight away, with similar results on the shock. You may be a 'guinea pig' for a bit, but enjoy the process - 2019 looks to be a great year for Kawi. PS: Congrats on the new scoot!

|

6/25/2018 11:49 PM

My experience with the last all new KX450 (2016) was awful. It took months for both OEM and aftermarket parts to hit the market and really put me in a bind on normal wear-and-tear items. OEM parts eventually started trickling in but I spent the first six months clicking the "e-mail when available" button on the Rocky Mountain OEM parts page and immediately buying up any parts that were available, whether I needed them or not.

Aftermarket plastic was really slow. Twin Air was relatively quick with air filters. For exhaust I started out with smaller shops like Rocket, as they developed a system quickly, but it took awhile for FMF, PC, etc to catch up.

I've had similar experiences with new models on the other brands but Kawasaki was the worst to-date. Hopefully the 2019 will be better.

|

6/26/2018 5:48 AM

It’s almost just a guessing game. I just finished up the graphic template yesterday if you need graphics. Austin@mgxunlimited.com is my email. I would assume PC would have an exhaust first but you never know.

|

6/26/2018 6:51 AM

Give it a few months. Perks of having the freshest of fresh.

|

6/26/2018 7:23 AM

Usually a few months for a full line of after market items. Suspension settings as well. Like one of the above posters mentioned, your bike will be a 'guinea pig' for testing.

Ive done the first year early purchase twice, won't do it again.

|

6/26/2018 7:29 AM

And that’s why I am waiting a few months to get mine... then again it is 108 degrees here in the desert SW so not like I am THAT motivated to ride right now anywho

|

Don’t piss off the old people - the older they get the less “life in prison” is a deterrent for them!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

6/26/2018 8:45 AM

I spoke with PC last week regarding weather i'd be better off moving my current A kit spring forks forward to a 19 when I pick one up (probably in the spring when they're rolling OTD for 6500 if you pay cash out of state), and If i'd be similar performance running the stock shock revalved or If I could buy a 19 a kit body and drop my current a kit internals in VS. running my a kit internals in the stock body.

They had gotten their bikes 2 weeks prior and were working on development of everything already atleast suspension wise from what I was told. I havent ridden one yet or sat on one (6 busted ribs/ collapsed lung/ AC seperation 3 weeks ago), but I hope that if the shroud to frame mating area that looks funky is an issue with catching boots/pants somebody like cycra will make an aftermarket set of plastics to clean up that transition.

|

6/26/2018 9:27 AM

You already bought and took delivery of a 2019 KX450F ???

Aftermarket has to have access to the new design bikes to start testing and building better products.

|

6/26/2018 11:03 AM

MMCDan wrote:

My experience with the last all new KX450 (2016) was awful. It took months for both OEM and aftermarket parts to hit the ...more

X2 my buddy had the same exact experience

|

6/26/2018 12:46 PM

lumpy790 wrote:

Aftermarket has to have access to the new design bikes to start ...more

Yes sir! I picked it up from the dealer on 6/19. Actually got to ride it last weekend, and the bike lives up to the hype. It is super nimble and smooth. If anyone is on the fence, pull the trigger. You wont regret.

|

6/26/2018 1:13 PM

lumpy790 wrote:

zb658 wrote:

Yes sir! I picked it up from the dealer on 6/19. Actually got to ride it last weekend, and the bike lives up to the hype. It ...more

No pics or spoke with thread? Congrats on the new bike. Does it feel light or heavy?

|

6/26/2018 1:42 PM

lumpy790 wrote:

zb658 wrote:

Yes sir! I picked it up from the dealer on 6/19. Actually got to ride it last weekend, and the bike lives up to the hype. It ...more

nascarnate326 wrote:

No pics or spoke with thread? Congrats on the new bike. Does it feel light or heavy?

I would say light. Taking off the stand it feels about equal compared to my 16, but on the track it feels much more centralized and light. The chassis characteristics are the most un-kawasaki like i’ve ridden in a while. I’ve had a 13,16 and an 05 250 2 stroke. All of those bikes are rear end bikes. This one is not even close to a rear end biased bike.

|

6/26/2018 2:04 PM

I've had the 2018 RMZ450 since it debuted. Every part I've asked for has been available....EXCEPT the aluminum "Y" fitting for the coolant hoses that was needed for some "Hoser"...that part took about an extra 3-4 weeks.

I'm very impressed with Suzuki. The parts last. They're not expensive when I need to actually change them due to them being in there just too damn long(clutch)...& it's EASY to work on.

When did I become a "Suzuki Guy"?

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

6/26/2018 3:31 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

I've had the 2018 RMZ450 since it debuted. Every part I've asked for has been available....EXCEPT the aluminum "Y" fitting for ...more

Seems like they put you on the payroll the last few months whistling

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....