9/14/2017 3:13pm Edited Date/Time 9/14/2017 3:14pm
250 4 strokes with 125- 250 2 strokes

450 4 strokes with 250-500 2 strokes

^^^ that is parody!
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
9/14/2017 5:14pm
How much money does Honda put into the sport here in the US that allows them to be the one to dictate rules that suit all...
How much money does Honda put into the sport here in the US that allows them to be the one to dictate rules that suit all the Japanese firms but possibly prevents some Euro manufacturers (and maybe even Yamaha) from fair competition with less expensive two stroke efforts?

Isn't the fact that Honda is represented in the racing and achieves reasonable results enough for them? I've read on here recently that Yamaha sells more 450 MX bikes than any other manufacturer yet their 450's have posted less than stellar results for several years now in the US proMX scene. Maybe "Win on Sunday, sell on Monday" doesn't mean much at the dealership compared to basic price, dealership quality and available contingency programs.

Seems like the manufacturers, the teams and maybe the industry supplier base get a say in the rules; not so sure about the fans. I imagine if given the "voice" most fans would be ok with two strokes, four strokes and even electrics racing together. But it'd be stupid for a manufacturer to even try with a two stroke if they can't expect to achieve reasonable results and the rules as written today don't allow that.
all the manufactures want the world champs and AMA champs to stay four stroke only, as they all sell more 250F's,

Davey Coombs has stated that on the fact before, those two series (the only even close to professional series in mx world wide) have no intention of going 2 stroke rules, but it effect less than 150 riders world wide, its not a big deal,
Johnny Depp
9/16/2017 10:41am
The funny part about the argument, is that even if 2t's and Electric's are allowed in AMA pro racing (MX Sports) they still have to be...
The funny part about the argument, is that even if 2t's and Electric's are allowed in AMA pro racing (MX Sports) they still have to be competitive. They will not get a free pass to the main events, they will have to race their way in. It may be years before they even get a podium. It's the principle of the matter more than the results of the races.

MohMoto14 wrote:
Electric bikes yes it may take a few years, 2 strokes with even displacements and no limits I respectfully disagree. it Didn't take Yamaha very long...
Electric bikes yes it may take a few years, 2 strokes with even displacements and no limits I respectfully disagree. it Didn't take Yamaha very long to find the podium when fourstrokes came out. it didn't take any of the others long to follow suit and put one out too. They had some growing pains but not much and they figured it out quick. There's a reason Canada changed their rules to limit modifications to 2 strokes, I can't imagine it being any other reason than they were to competitive.(won the lites championship)

It won't be like with the 4 strokes where your starting from scratch and have very little idea of what works. Honda and any other brand could put one out in a year, maybe a little over, and be competitive.(suzuki & kawi unite!) Lol Not to mention 2 strokes are much cheaper to create in the motor department and their current 250f frames wouldn't seem to me to need much tweaking to happily accept a 250 2 smoke engine. (That they're building to fit said frame)

If they allow equal displacement you really think it would take ktm years to put one on the box? I would say first year if a normal podium worthy guy rides one, 2nd year I have no doubt. They will have to race their way in? Have you even heard of stank dog? Lol Didn't Marshal or someone score points in the 450's last year mixing gas and while working a 9-5? Thats with half the displacement!

I would rather see both classes displacement be trimmed down about 100cc. Slow riders down, slow the tracks down, less injuries and better racing. Braap
"I would say first year if a normal podium worthy guy rides one"

I know 2t's compete well in other countries. I just doubt US teams would put top riders on them, or even give them the option. (And shh, I'm trying to convince people to do it and 4 strokes will still winGrinning )

Stank was an underdog, and got a lot of mileage out of playing that role. He wouldn't be infamous had he been on 4t's.
loftyair
9/17/2017 8:41am
The problem with a lower c.c. rule is cost to make them just as fast. Right now, the 250 class cost is through the roof for an actual competitive motor. I say open them up. A factory could race a super costly 300, while a poor guy could just race a reliable and fast 500. Only difference is a few pounds.

The Shop

Post a reply to: Parity – Dutch Championship 2 vs 4

The Latest